adam1205 is offline New Member

34yr old Newbie - Good time to start?

This forum is awesome, and you guys get mad props for sure. so I've been doing a ton of research and at the urging of my buddy plan to start a cycle this year.. Most likely:

12 wks test enanthate 250 (2x per wk)
    Maybe d-bol 25mg/day x4weeks??
    Oct: Arimidex .25mg
    Pct: nolva and clomid at the topical doses I've seen posted on here

my big question is when is the best time, in terms of physical appearance? At 34 i'm healthy (and will put my stats below), was in great shape thru my 20's always lean. Of course you throw in a traveling job and little time to train over the past 18mos my core has turned to mush. Legs are rock solid with barely any fat, so I wanna get this upper body back to my 24 yr old physique. Some might say i'm looking to short cut... I guess I am, but I have the ability and desire to commit to a hardcore training and diet regimen.

ht: 6ft 0in
    Wt: 212lbs
    Waist: 34in
    Bf: not sure, trunks probably way less than 10%, core probably 15-20% i.e. not big n fat, just an obvious lack off lean muscle.
    Training experience: very experienced, but been away for a while

You guys are pros, so you think I should hit the wts/cardio for a few months then start a cycle, or do you think starting a cycle now will simply make my progress off the charts amazing? Let me know if you need any addtl info... or if i'm just an idiot lol

Thx

papa-g is offline Member
    Def hit the gym for a few months. Get a solid routine and straighten up your diet and you'll be ready to go in no time.

And IMO you might not need that much cardio if you say your lower half is that lean. I'd focus on the food your eating and that mixed with gym time should have you ready.

Kinda the direction I was leaning.. Of course my buddy has more experience in this world, however he thinks aas is magic in a vial... good guy, not many brains tho. Thx bro

papa-g is offline Member
    Most def not a magic bottle. It must be ran right and proper pct has to be done. Otherwise it's just an unhealthy waste of money. Good luck.

cb714 is offline Member
    Age-wise you're perfect man. Just hit the gym for a few months and lose the fat. Judging by your stats you have a decent base. What you have to get down pat is your diet though. That will make or break your cycle. Hit up the diet section for some good tips.

bigga4068 is offline Junior Member
    Everyone giving good advice I would def take it into consideration but IMO theres something you need to consider before everything else. You said that by alot of urging from your buddy your looking into this. I dont think anyone should ever be urged, persuaded, or talked into taking any kind of drugs AAS included. Im sure your friend has the best intentions but the fact the he thinks the way he does raises some concerns to me. AAS are drugs and very powerful ones at that to be used properly they require respect and discipline. If your having to be urged into using you probably wont be into it 110% and thats when serious side effects can arise. Im not advising you what to do either way but def do alot more research learn about the substance and what it takes to use them properly so you can make an educated decision for yourself if this is something you really want to put into your body. If you do that and still want to do it by all means come on back and we will all be more then willing to help. Something to think about, say you go ahead with it by the urging of your friend and you end up crashing your hpta do you think at least some part of you would hold resentment to your friend for pushing you into it? If YOU really want it go for it if not is it worth ruining your friendship over? It happens I know of couple people that went thru just that. Good luck man
    Last edited by bigga4068; 05-24-2012 at 12:26 AM.

great advice, much appreciated. I really have no hesitation about doing it, other than making sure I'm in the right spot before I start injecting anything into my body. Up until I was 29 I could spend winter banging, eating and drinking 24/7, hit the gym like a beast in February and be ready for the beach by April. Not so much anymore lol.. Sucks getting old. I'm heading to the doc next week for a full work-up: blood, hormones, liver, heart, piss, whatever they want to do. I think I'll be good to go by August. And Bigga, you bring up good points, but if I F-up, that's on me. Bros are bros and I wouldn't hold it against him.

if anyone has an opinion on the stack I mentioned in my first post, that would be awesome. assuming I keep diet on point and get to 10% bf overall in 3 mos, I'm thinking that will be the way to go?

Thx again

cb714 is offline Member
    Your first time around you should just stick to test... leave the dbol for future cycles once you know how your body reacts to the test alone. Make sure you get an AI to take on-cycle, aromasin is good. PCT should consist of clomid/nolva unless your doc puts you on TRT then you dont need PCT.. but thats only if he puts you on it.

Sounds good, thx again!

bigga4068 is offline Junior Member
    Oh I agree with you completely and would never let something like that come between me and my bros but not all feel the same plus I need a good referance to really drive home to ya that you need to want to do it on your own. As far as being the right time or not well provided your commited completely to your training and your nutrition along with good results coming back fromyour blood workI would say yes. Age wise your at IMO the ideal age for AAS, I would have prefered you been consistant with diet and training a bit longer prior to starting gear tho. Age wise your at a time when you have finished growing in all aspects, bone, muscle, and tissue. Your body has "settled into itself" so it typically is at the age.range your in that fat loss and muscle growth are their most stable and constant that your body will ever see. I know you said that up til 29 you could eat, and drink all day and be a beast but thats just because you were producing high amounts of testosterone with an increased metabolism. Now your body is stable and it will be much easy to figure out what.your body will need to get big and lean. So yes your at the ideal age for AAS use IMO.

For sure bigga, good looking out, appreciate it.

By the way, knowing my metabolism has slowed drastically the last 2 yrs, any recommendations on regular over the counter supps to kick start the fat burning process? From my younger days I know how to diet/workout to boost metabolic rate, and now that I'm back into my old routine that shouldn't be a problem. but of course I'd like to drop around 5-7% bf in 3 mos and I doubt it's gonna be as easy as it used to be.

Hopefully I don't sound like one of these teenie boppers on here.. Dumb lol

Thread Information