Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and AAS

Scrappy11 is offline New Member

Alcohol and AAS

Ok,
    so someone's probably going to give me a right bollocking for posting this (it's a forum, there's bound to be someone), but I couldn't find much info this morning on threads that include the effects of alcohol whilst taking AAS.

So i'm planning on doing test enanth on my first cycle, and I'm giving myself another few months to do the research on it and I've come very far in the last month i reckon.

My question is, because I'm not exactly new to the concept of getting smashed on a saturday night (rugby player you see), should I curb my alcohol intake whilst on AAS? or could I have a tipple every now and then?

Basically should I stay away from it? or carry on as normal.

peace
    x

ozy battler is offline New Member
    There is plenty of threads that argue/discuss this very question my friend... Majority of people say it has no place in a cycle. Why would you want to put limitations/boundaries on your cycle?

A few will say everything in moderation. You should have some social life as well... I guess it all depends on how serious you are and what goals you want to achieve. If your not to serious, then why cycle? haha

Drinking a dozen schooners a couple of times a week is certainly not a sustainable option in my opinion, however 5 or 6 drinks every month or so is my happy medium.

I definitely notice my diet/training drop after a couple of drinking sessions that should have been avoided...

TopDogUK is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't recommend getting smashed as your liver with be under enough strain as it is, alcohol also converts to estrogen which is something you don't want while taking AAS. Also you ever tried eating or training when hungover? Its a no go. lol Pretty sure your body won't repair as well as it should either because you will get dehydrated.

If your going to drink make it minimul and have a pint of water in between each drink, But ideally don't drink at all.
    Last edited by TopDogUK; 10-20-2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogUK View Post
    I wouldn't recommend getting smashed as your liver with be under enough strain as it is, alcohol also converts to estrogen which is something you don't want while taking AAS. Also you ever tried eating or training when hungover? Its a no go. lol Pretty sure your body won't repair as well as it should either because you will get dehydrated.

If your going to drink make it minimul and have a pint of water in between each drink, But ideally don't drink at all.
    I know what Alcohol DOES to you, that wasn't my question, I was just asking to see if there were any experienced users who noticed odd things whilst on it.

Ozy battler, cheers for the info bro; i'm pretty serious about this cycle and to be honest I'll probably end up cutting booze out completely (save for a couple cheeky pints of the black stuff once in a blue moon), I'll have another look for these discussions on booze-on-AAS, dunno why I couldn't find them this morning.

"I was just asking to see if there were any experienced users who noticed odd things whilst on it."

I didn't see that question anywhere. You asked for the effects and if you should do it or not, which is what i answered? ...

One thing you will notice after drinking is puffy nipples, when i drank before cycling i got them for 1,2 days so im not risking drinking while cycling. Sorry i can't help with the drinking on cycle experience because i don't do it... Should of made it clearer in your first post that you wanted an answer to that.

Anyway good luck with your cycle.

One thing you will notice after drinking is puffy nipples, when i drank before cycling i got them for 1,2 days so im not risking drinking while cycling. Sorry i can't help with the drinking on cycle experience because i don't do it
    that's all i needed to know bro

I think it's safe to say I'll probably end up NOT drinking, cuz I know what I'm like, once i have one i end up having 5, then i end up doing shots, then i end up streaking somewhere... it's generally an unpleasant sight, unless you're into that kind of thing lol

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    If your serious about the cycle, then don't do it.

Remember, alcohol decreases testosterone levels , lowers GH production, and increases your estrogen production. All things you don't want, especially on anabolic support.

If you realize you can't go without 1 sip, then keep it reasonable. You don't need to drink until you fall over just to enjoy yourself. Keep it practical.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post

Remember, alcohol decreases testosterone levels , lowers GH production, and increases your estrogen production. All things you don't want, especially on anabolic support.

If you realize you can't go without 1 sip, then keep it reasonable. You don't need to drink until you fall over just to enjoy yourself. Keep it practical.
    yea I think I'll stick to keeping it reasonable, I unfortunately have been given a 50:50 mix of Irish and Welsh blood, so the drinking gene is pretty fierce in me. I've done teetotal before, I'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Peace.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy11 View Post
    I know what Alcohol DOES to you, that wasn't my question, I was just asking to see if there were any experienced users who noticed odd things whilst on it.

Ozy battler, cheers for the info bro; i'm pretty serious about this cycle and to be honest I'll probably end up cutting booze out completely (save for a couple cheeky pints of the black stuff once in a blue moon), I'll have another look for these discussions on booze-on-AAS, dunno why I couldn't find them this morning.
    yeah i noticed a diff all right, on or off cycle, its fvckin waste of health, time and money. training+boozing= doesnt mix. thats the blunt answer

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    As long as you aren't using orals, the AAS won't make a difference. Yeah, drinking will be a bit counter-productive, but I'm sure you know this already. However, ethanol does increase estrogen levels, so be ready to fight off any potential estrogen/gyno flareup if you get hammered.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-20-2010 at 09:56 AM.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I would deff stay away from alcohol while on cycle. Just my 2 cents.

Alcohol is a lot of empty carbs. I don't drink and I'm working on getting a 6 pack, my dad drinks and he's already got a keg. LOL

Peace Missile is offline Junior Member
    Alcohol and AAS? How about a pint of whey protein shake and AAS...

powerws is offline Associate Member

Well Said^^^^^^^^^^^

stpete is offline Banned
    I like my beers on occasion but not when cycling. I'm constantly "feeding" myself and alcohol could affect my diet. I prefer to leave it alone and try to get the most that i can from all the hard work.

jerseyboy811 is offline Junior Member
    Well I just started a test e .5g wk eq .4g wk and dbol 30 mg ed. I used to drink a lot but now a days I only drink around once a month. Anyway it was probably very stupid of me while on dbol, I mean I'm taking a lower dose and 1 g of MT ed, but I got pretty trashed. Anyway I threw up for the first time in like 8 years and had a pretty horrible hangover so I could barely eat the next day and certainly not train so I def regret it. In the future ill probably just stick to a couple of beers when I go out while on cycle. Not worth the risk of liver damage I don't know what I was thinking. I couldn't imagine it being to horrible though as long as it's in moderation. It's an obvious risk but it comes down to what your personal priorities are imo.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I've got smashed to pieces on AAS and 17aa's.

Drinking on 17aa's makes your hangover 20x worse from my experience, they really dont mix well.

I cant eat properly with a hangover so it becomes counter-productive IMHO. What's the point in spending X amount on a cycle and not getting the benefits from it. Another thing I'd suggest is NOT to drink (excessively) during PCT. Alcohol effects your leydig cells directly, increases estrogen, lowers testosterone , reduces protein synthesis, increases cortisol... See what I mean...

I had BW done on Tbol/Test Enan 3 days after a bender. The normal range of the liver function test I had was 0-49. Mine was 112. Since then I never drunk again on 17aa's. I got my values down again to 36 after 6 days though, using various detox methods, but its not worth it with alcohol.

Have a few, but dont get plastered every weekend on cycle and certainly not during PCT.

Take it form me, I've done it plenty of times mate.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    On top of everything else thats been said, AAS is known to increase anger in some. While this is usually not a problem ( media hype) since most can control it, when you get smashed on top of AAS the effects can be synergistic meaning if AAS adds one asshole point and getting smashed adds one asshole point doing both together is likely to add 5 points on the asshole meter and dependent on personality this could be a serious problem.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Here's my .02

If you start a cycle and an event comes up where everyone will be drinking..... then by all means have a good time if you want. Theres nothing wrong with celebrating an occasion - even if you're on cycle.

Now..... with that said..... the problem occurs when you start finding occasions to celebrate. If you already drink every weekend and you plan to continue that..... don't even bother cycling. It's just not worth it to your health or your wallet. I go out and have a good time once every 2 months or so. It keeps me from getting stuck in a rut..... I can still have a social life while still being able to bodybuild. I have NO desire to go out 2-3 times a month and get twisted......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Here's my .02

If you start a cycle and an event comes up where everyone will be drinking..... then by all means have a good time if you want. Theres nothing wrong with celebrating an occasion - even if you're on cycle.

Now..... with that said..... the problem occurs when you start finding occasions to celebrate. If you already drink every weekend and you plan to continue that..... don't even bother cycling. It's just not worth it to your health or your wallet. I go out and have a good time once every 2 months or so. It keeps me from getting stuck in a rut..... I can still have a social life while still being able to bodybuild. I have NO desire to go out 2-3 times a month and get twisted......

~Haz~
    x2..

There is nothing wrong with drinking occasionally on cycle, honestly, I think you have a little more protection from the negative effects of alcohol ON cycle since your test levels are elevated. But there is no need to make it a regular occurrence...

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member

Remember, alcohol decreases testosterone levels, lowers GH production, and increases your estrogen production. All things you don't want, especially on anabolic support.

even un-natural testosterone ? I am curious

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Here's my .02

~Haz~
    I'm with you here. Although I used to get smashed 3 times a week but this was before my steroid days

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    I don't drink while I'm on cycle either.. Why waste your money on juice if you're just going to limit your gains and put your liver through hell?

Smoke weed instead.. I'll just get high before I go out to the bars and drink water all night.. I just tell people that it's a personal goal of mine not to drink alcohol for 2 months and no one ever gives me shit. Hell, most women are even impressed. Smoking the herb also helps to relax your body, mentally and physically. Not to mention it helps you eat more! Clean foods of course..

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    even un-natural testosterone? I am curious
    Yes. This is one reason why you might see some guys over the boards get hammered 1 day pre blood work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen73ta View Post
    I don't drink while I'm on cycle either.. Why waste your money on juice if you're just going to limit your gains and put your liver through hell?

I'll just get high before I go out to the bars and drink water all night.. I just tell people that it's a personal goal of mine not to drink alcohol for 2 months and no one ever gives me shit. Hell, most women are even impressed. Smoking also helps to relax your body, mentally and physically. Not to mention it helps you eat more! Clean foods of course..
    no rec drug talk here

Edited *admin*

Thanks for the bump I would have missed that. Take the quote out of your message Dec

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I stay away from the alcohol also when I am on a cycle. I figure why put my liver through the extra strain.

bradical2001 is offline New Member
    Not a good Idea.

Another thing while on PCT and drinking, Alcohol is a depressant and you may be feeling pretty down as it is. Dont want to be a blubbering mess after 8,9 pints

peedee is offline Junior Member
    Probably not a good idea. Say you have a piss up on a Saturday night. Prob start drinkin in the arvo, knock a few schooners back maybe have a few nibbleys. A few beers at the pub on a Saturday arvo turns into getting shit faced at a club with your mates. It's now around 1 or 2 am, you go get a greasy kebab off the street, have a spew, go back into a club. Drink till you get kicked out , around 4 am. Taxi home , jump into your or some ransoms bed sleep till 10 or 11 am. Feel like shit, can't eat cos you will spew. First decent meal of the day is around noon. That's alot of time not eating. All the extra strain on your liver. Plus for the Monday workout you prob won't feel 100%.
    Definatly in your best interest to steer clear of a big one. 6 pack on a Sunday arvo is prob better option.

Quote Originally Posted by peedee View Post
    Probably not a good idea. Say you have a piss up on a Saturday night. Prob start drinkin in the arvo, knock a few schooners back maybe have a few nibbleys. A few beers at the pub on a Saturday arvo turns into getting shit faced at a club with your mates. It's now around 1 or 2 am, you go get a greasy kebab off the street, have a spew, go back into a club. Drink till you get kicked out , around 4 am. Taxi home , jump into your or some ransoms bed sleep till 10 or 11 am. Feel like shit, can't eat cos you will spew. First decent meal of the day is around noon. That's alot of time not eating. All the extra strain on your liver. Plus for the Monday workout you prob won't feel 100%.
    Definatly in your best interest to steer clear of a big one. 6 pack on a Sunday arvo is prob better option.
    For those of us who don't speak Australian, what the hell did you just say?
    What is an arvo?

Im guessing its the afternoon?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Ha ha ha...

Come on guys it's not that bad is it?

I didn't understand a few words but got the overall gist... i think..

Quote Originally Posted by peedee View Post
    Come on guys it's not that bad is it?
    Yeah dude, it was awful. And this is coming from a guy who teaches English in China...

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the bump I would have missed that. Take the quote out of your message Dec
    im confused, its edited outa my quote but still in his original?

jerseyboy811 is offline Junior Member
    Lol schooners and nibbleys

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy811 View Post
    Lol schooners and nibbleys
    Beer and peanuts

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    ja ja ja

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    im confused, its edited outa my quote but still in his original?
    He took the drug out I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information