Zero0 is offline New Member

On The Right Track?

A little guidance please. I have done 90 days of P90x (insert laugh here) to try and get cut up and get quicker and stronger for basketball. It really did not help at all. I now am taking 1cc of Test Cyp every 3-4 days, using all proper cycle assist materials and have my post cycle assist in order when I finish as well. I have worked out since I was 18 and have played basketball almost 3 times a week for about 7 years now.

6'0
    183 lbs
    29 years old
    14-15% Body Fat (want to get this down)
    24.8 BMI

Diet Example from today:

Upon Wake Up: Opt Nut Whey Protein/ Fruit

30 Min Later: 8 Eggs Whites/ 1 Regular Egg/Oats/

Snack: Greek Yogurt

Lunch: 2 Piece of Chicken Breast/ Whole Grain Brown Rice

Snack: Fat Free Cottage Cheese/Pineapples

Snack: 100% whole grain bread with Natural PB and a tid bit of all fruit jam

Dinner: Whole Grain Pasta with Light Ragu Sauce and Ground Turkey mixed in

Pre Workout: ON Amino Energy/ ON Whey Protein/ Apple

Post Workout: Gummy Bears/ ON Casein/ ON Whey

Pre Bed: ON Casein

I guess I am looking for critique on how my diet looks, need to get a more set routine(right now I am mocking the Stoppani routine), and hoping that this Test Cyp will give me good results.

Also, the more I read, the more interested I am in Clen . Sounds like another month of research....

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    are you trying to bulk or cut? how you adjust your diet and cycle depends on your aim.

how many mg is your test c per ml?

I am going for gaining leaning muscle and cutting my body fat down significantly.

200mg

AD
    if you know your body very well, regarding how you respond to food and calories, you should be eating the amount that supports maintenance. which means eating an amount of food that will maintain your current weight. maybe a little more. with the test c, you should be able to gain muscle mass is your training routine is good.

if you want to be quite precise about it, you should calculate your TDEE and count all the calories and macros from each meal. some of the stickies in the Nutrition section may be helpful.

i personally prefer to just choose one direction, either to cut or to bulk. it makes adjusting my diet easier.

Any suggestions on a routine?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your diet will look better and you will shred BF% for sure if you remove the Stoppani factor from it.

^^ Any suggestions on both? I am wanting to change because I realize Stoppani is more for mass.

Bump

papa-g is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero0
    I am going for gaining leaning muscle and cutting my body fat down significantly.

200mg
    Here's my VERY generic answer to achieve these results with what your doing.

The test will increase your ability to workout "harder" should you have the will to do so. That does not mean b-ball 2-3 times a week. That means exercises that allow for compound movement to tear down your muscles.

You will also need to up your caloric intake with clean foods that support muscle growth.

Basically, eat big and train hard.

Quote Originally Posted by papa-g View Post
    Here's my VERY generic answer to achieve these results with what your doing.

The test will increase your ability to workout "harder" should you have the will to do so. That does not mean b-ball 2-3 times a week. That means exercises that allow for compound movement to tear down your muscles.

You will also need to up your caloric intake with clean foods that support muscle growth.

Basically, eat big and train hard.
    Can you elaborate? I know it is asking a lot but it would be helpful. Certain things I should cut out/add? Some of my food choices are not clean? I have been trying to find/develop a workout routine by searching but so many ppl say so many different things that it is hard to develop what will work best for my specific goals...I Appreciate the help...

I have cut out basketball for the time I will be on gear...and I notice my constant want to work out, but I am trying not to over train as well.
    Last edited by Zero0; 05-29-2012 at 05:07 PM.

papa-g is offline Member
    As far as eating goes stick fresh / frozen foods. i. e. meat ( chicken, fish, steak, pork.). Veggies ( green ones. Broccoli, spinach, ect.)
    Eggs, rice, (white or brown) IMO it makes no diff even tho there's an ongoing debate.
    Fruits like apples strawberries. Bananas oranges.
    When you cook try not to use oils or butter or anything that would make it real greasy. You can go to the diet section for a lot more info and tips.

As for your workout plan. Come up with a 4-6 day a week plan that has 20-40 min of cardio at the end and do things with free weights (dumbbells) that work several muscles in an area at once. An easy example would be something like dumbbell incline bench press. Your shoulders, chest, and arms all get a work out if done correctly. Concentrate on more reps and sets then more weight until u feel you are strong enough to up the weight and still preform the movement properly. Remember, Going and throwing 8000000 lbs on a bar and straining to pick it up once then puffing your chest out while pacing the gym is not working out. Results will vary but line I said before if you eat right and train hard. You see a transformation.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by papa-g View Post
    As far as eating goes stick fresh / frozen foods. i. e. meat ( chicken, fish, steak, pork.). Veggies ( green ones. Broccoli, spinach, ect.)
    Eggs, rice, (white or brown) IMO it makes no diff even tho there's an ongoing debate.
    Fruits like apples strawberries. Bananas oranges.
    When you cook try not to use oils or butter or anything that would make it real greasy. You can go to the diet section for a lot more info and tips.

As for your workout plan. Come up with a 4-6 day a week plan that has 20-40 min of cardio at the end and do things with free weights (dumbbells) that work several muscles in an area at once. An easy example would be something like dumbbell incline bench press. Your shoulders, chest, and arms all get a work out if done correctly. Concentrate on more reps and sets then more weight until u feel you are strong enough to up the weight and still preform the movement properly. Remember, Going and throwing 8000000 lbs on a bar and straining to pick it up once then puffing your chest out while pacing the gym is not working out. Results will vary but line I said before if you eat right and train hard. You see a transformation.

Good luck.
    Good advice. For my diet, that is basically what I have stuck to is what you mentioned. Only thing I struggle with is the veggies.

I guess I just assumed with the amount of people who have trained or been in the gym, there would already be a workout routine available to look at and use but it seems like you basically have to make your own.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero0 View Post
    This is exactly why Stoppani factor needs to be removed from nutritional regimen since this guy is an insulin freak, his nutritional advices has been revolving around the idea that you should spike your insulin when you wake up and PWO since insulin shuttles nutrients to muscle. This also promotes an increment in BF% in most people, however. In short, it is not a great idea to eat several portions of fruit throughout the day, especially high GI fruit such as pineapple, as this will not allow one to make lean gains. I am not even going to comment on gummy bears, it is ridiculous...

Is there a thread (beyond the beginners threads) on a diet based on lean gains while on test cyp? Apparently my diet is not as good as I thought....

Also, can ANYONE recommend a workout routine?

Day 1 - Chest and Triceps
    Chest
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Incline Dumbbell Press 4 12-15
    Flat Dumbbell Press 3 12
    Incline Flys 3 12
    Pec Deck 3 12
    Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Skull Crushers 4 12-15
    Rope Extensions 3 12
    Straight Bar Pushdowns 3 12
    Abdominals
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Rope Crunch 4 20-25
    Hanging Knee Raise 4 20-25
    Day 2 - Back and Biceps
    Back
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Wide Grip Chins 4 12-15
    Wide Grip Rows 3 12
    Narrow Grip Pulldown 4 12-15
    Hyper Extensions 3 12
    Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Concentration Curls 4 12-15
    EZ Bar Curl 3 12
    Day 3 - Legs and Shoulders
    Legs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squats 4 12-15
    Leg Extensions 3 12
    Leg Curl 4 12-15
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 12
    Seated Calf Raise 3 12
    Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Dumbbell Shoulders Press 4 12-15
    Cable Lateral Raise 3 12
    Reverse Cable Fly 3 12
    Smith Machine Shrugs 4 12-15
    Abdominals
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Rope Crunch 4 20-25
    Hanging Knee Raise 4 20-25

Day 4: Rest Day
    Day 5 - Chest and Triceps
    Chest
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Incline Barbell Press 4 12-15
    Flat Barbell Press 3 12
    Flat Flys 3 12
    Cable Crossovers 3 12
    Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Reverse Grip Pushdown 4 12-15
    Dumbbell Kickbacks 3 12
    Dumbbell Extension 3 12
    Abdominals
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Weighted Incline Crunches 4 20-25
    Hip Thrusts 4 20-25
    Day 6 - Back and Biceps
    Back
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Wide Grip Pulldowns 4 12-15
    Bent Over Dumbbell Rows 3 12
    Good Mornings 3 12
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 12
    Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Preacher Curl 4 12-15
    Dumbbell Curl 3 12
    Day 7 - Legs and Shoulders
    Legs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Leg Press 4 12-15
    Lunges 3 12
    Leg Curl 4 12-15
    Straight Leg Deadlifts 3 12
    Standing Calf Raises 3 12-15
    Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Smith Machine Press 4 12-15
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3 12
    Dumbbell Rear Delt Flys 3 12
    Upright Rows 3 12
    Abdominals
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Weighted Incline Crunches 4 20-25
    Hip Thrusts 4 20-25

Would this routine work in cutting me up and gaining lean muscle?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/...&to=2012-06-02

This was my diet from yesterday.

I would also like to post a pic because even with this gear I feel like I am going absolutely no where....I am working out on a 6 day split doing higher reps with less weight and I feel as though I am working out hard but am not getting any scale, appearance, or noticeable gains....issues? On The Right Track?-002.jpg

Test Cyp 1cc every 3.5 days....started on May 23rd....

AD
    i think you should be trying heavier weights with fewer reps, not the other way round.

you workout regime also looks too complicated. if you do it right, 2 exercises, at most 3, per muscle group should be enough. i like 5 sets of 6-8 reps per exercise, with as much weight as you can handle.

started on may 23rd? thats hardly 2wks. of cos theres no results yet.

I dont follow that routine to a T but mainly focus on all the compound movements of it and knowing what to do on what days muscle wise. I thought since i was trying to cut down my body fat, as seen in the pic, that the best thing to do would be to do higher reps.

AD
    you should always aim to put on more muscle mass when you're on a cycle. your diet and cardio will determine if its a cutting or bulking cycle, but trying to gain more LBM should happen on all cycles.

i think you should lift heavy.

bigga4068 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with asaindude about wanting to gain muscle mass while on cycle which is the entire point of adrogenic anabolic steroids . If your wanting to just cut bf% there's no need for the aas. Keep in mind though muscle helps burn fat so the more you have the more you will burn. Lift heavy and eat big, and clean, and use your cardio to bring your bf down.

Thread Information