Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    If at all, that Might give you chronic renal failure. This case is clearly acute.

But i am curious to see your material if possible, regarding protein intake causing renal failure.
    I just found something that contradicts what I read earlier. This says that there is insufficient evidence of high protein intake causing renal failure in healthy individuals and that it only becomes an issue in people with existing renal problems. Confusing indeed. I'll see if I can find the other studies that I was reading earlier. I was reading them at work so I dont have the links with me now.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/25

nooby is offline Associate Member
    For those that say this could not be the AAS and it had to be some fake chemical to cause this doesn't know what they are talking about. Sure it's not a short term SE of AAS use, but it definitely is a long term side effect. New studies are showing what was long overlooked... The damaging effects of AAS use, and the lifestyle that accompanies it, and the serious effects on the kidneys.

Do some research. Increased muscle mass from anabolic steroids also means increased risk of kidney damage. The damage results from a combination of the glomeruli being overworked because of the increased lean body mass and also, a direct toxic effect of androgens and anabolic steroids on the glomeruli. A high-protein diet and hypertension are also likely contributors.

"Anabolic steroid use scarred the kidneys, leading to a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. The condition is akin to that seen in morbidly obese individuals, but is even more severe."

Not saying everyone who uses will have kidney failure, just pointing out new research that shows it is a risk.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    Not saying everyone who uses will have kidney failure, just pointing out new research that shows it is a risk.
    its always helpful if you can include a source or link to the medical paper from which you quote.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    its always helpful if you can include a source or link to the medical paper from which you quote.
    ok, I will next time, but just google "anabolic steroids kidney damage" or "anabolic steroids and kidney disease." There is are several medical articles about it. I will have to say that the study I read did have a small sample size, so the exact risk is still unknown.

mperk is offline Member
    Definitely get your test levels checked, bro. You may need some HCG to get your boys pumping out test again. or another PCT. Good luck - keep us posted on your recovery. You'll do well.

It has a genetic factor as well and can be exacerbated via environmental influences. So it depends if its truly acquired or hereditary. To get a very definitive diagnosis I would ask the doc to refer u to a genetic counsellor for gene sequencing to determine the exact gene mutation if present. Its genetics really. Its a reason why some people eat like shit and live to be 100 and others eat clean and healthy and live to like 70 due to genetics. Conversely it could be reversed based on environmental if ur genetics r so-so, eat like shit die early etc.

If you are prone to it with a hereditary gene mutation then obvs any thing u do can exaggerate the issue, in this case either bunk T3 and/or excess load on the kidney, or something else, etc put it over the top.

Hope u get better man. I would do low dose test like 100mg/week so u dont crash and put more stress on ur system until u start to get a little better. U dont wanna crash and be catabolic on ur organ systems when shit is this messed. Coming off is taxing on ur system as it is but this diagnosis with coming off would just mess it up big time. Then rock the PCT once u start to be a little better.
    Last edited by Schwarzenegger; 06-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hope we get an update soon...

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if the diagnosis is accurate, about half of the patients with Focal Segmental GlomeruloSclerosis go on to develop long term kidney troubles...

lets hope op is the other 50%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information