lightbulb is offline New Member

Is eating too much better then not eating enough?

If I wanted to get the most out of my cycle would it be better to over eat or under eat in between times that I have access to my nutritional foods. Like on a vacation is it ok to eat fast food and junk in order to get my calories or would it be better to stay clean even if I dont get enough calories throughout the day???

Thanks

I would only be using test e about 250 - 375 ml a week

DanB is offline Banned
    Do you want to gain fat or LBM?

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lightbulb View Post
    If I wanted to get the most out of my cycle would it be better to over eat or under eat in between times that I have access to my nutritional foods. Like on a vacation is it ok to eat fast food and junk in order to get my calories or would it be better to stay clean even if I dont get enough calories throughout the day???

Thanks

I would only be using test e about 250 - 375 ml a week
    You could get away with eating some cheat meals. It really depends on your goals. Some people are hardcore nutrition freaks and never cheat and never miss a meal, but we're all human and if you're vacationing what can you do, right?

To me it sounds like you're trying to bulk up, gain weight etc. What is your diet normally like? Do you eat in excess to gain? Or are you in a deficit to get cut up?

If you're eating an excess of calories, I'd say do whatever it takes to get those calories in, and try to be smart about it. It's not hard to find carbs and proteins, the only thing is, when you eat junk it's usually full of unhealthy fats, and sodium, and massive amounts of it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Just depends on your goals. You are what you eat.

I been eating heavy fatty protein rich foods through most of my cycle. I gained over 35 Lbs. total. Half of that is fat.

poppz is offline Senior Member
    What if one eats lean protein and hold back on carbs? Does he gain leaner bulk?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by poppz View Post
    What if one eats lean protein and hold back on carbs? Does he gain leaner bulk?
    You need carbs to grow.

I cut at 60/20/20 (to maintain high protein while in a calorie deficit) and gain at 40/40/20 (extra carbs for growth and energy for heavy, intense lifting).

Blog Entries
    I tried once to bulk while eating a very high calorie diet with high protein and fat with low Carb(under 80 per day) I didn't bulk at all but cut to the extreme. I said fuk it and kept it up. No bulk but hardned and leaned out real nice naturally.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I can cut at 30/60/15 amazingly. All depends on your body and training routines. In all honesty, if you're going to be eating a bunch of shitty food with lots of sodium, trans/saturated fats, and overall poor nutrition, chances are you're going to be gaining weight but not the weight you want. Most fast food and restaurants have huge amounts of fats and carbs in their meals. One thing I cant do is cut on a high carb and high fat macro breakdown. One or the other for me, too much fuel and I get all fat bastard like.

Blog Entries
    My typical fast food is 2 plain double cheese burgers from McD's with all 4 patties on one bun.

Not ideal, but it works. I do one of these if I am out and about and just don't have any food with me.

cb714 is offline Member
    I make it a point to cheat twice a month. Nothing beats a double-double animal style from In n Out. You people that arent from the west coast have absolutely no idea as to what Im talking about, do you? lol.

Blog Entries
    Maaaan, In&Out just tears me up. . . . That shit is so greasy.

What does that bicep read in your Av Cb?

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    depends if your cutting or bulking in my op
    but opt for good food 90% of the time

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I've been to in and out. Everyone on the west coast says how great it is. So when i was out there i tried it. It SUCKED
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Wow this community is amazing at answering questions quickly. Thanks for the quick responses..
    I am trying to gain lean mass.

I cut from 185 down to 170 and lost a whole bunch of body fat while increasing strength and keeping my muscle (took about 3 months of hardcore diet plus cardio). I am now ready to start adding some muscle but I get in to positions sometimes about 1 - 2 times a week where I cant get my lean chicken breast, sweet potatoes, beans, vegetables and clean water. Is it better to just skip a meal if it is unhealthy or is it better to just eat even if it is fast food?

I also drink only water and no sugar or candy. I use weight gainer to supplement my carbs and of course I use the basic supplements fish oil, flax seed, multivitamin etc.. I have also cut my cardio out is this a good move?

I might not be getting enough fat though.. What happens if you dont get enough fat?

I just fear not having enough calories to grow... and balancing that with having too many calories and storing fat
    Last edited by lightbulb; 05-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Good fat was great for me when I was losing weight(olive oil, almonds). Fat is the most energy abundant food source.

But, like stated before. . . You need carbs to grow. Good carbs(brown rice & oats).

How do I count my percentage of calories that should be fat like how I see people saying 60/20/20...

Thread Information