Thread: Body Fat Max?

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member

Body Fat Max?

I didnt put this in the diet section because I felt it was more general and not specific diet question.

40 yrs old
    6' 230
    Cycle History: a couple test only and 1 with Dbol for 4 weeks

So I have done a few cycles at high body fat because I was too impatient and couldnt wait and didnt have the dicipline to cut first. I had marginal results at best. I had some strength gains but hey... You guys were right. Gear is not magic. So far im down over 45 pounds and getting closer to a place where I can start thinking about it again. I still think im over 20% though. So I figure Id ask the Bros...

Whats the most optimum body fat % to start a cycle and also..

Whats max you think would still see good to great results.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    there is no magic number. the lower the bf%, the less estrogen (estrodiial) aromatisized out from the test. I tell the older crowd to try to get down to at least 15%. Others will say much lower. Remember to take an ai, especially at higher bf%

I guess I still have a lot more work to do.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    it takes time. i dropped alot of body fat when i decided to drink water only for a year, and then cardio (on top of my routines) for 45min 3x a week. and if you really watch what you eat, (no processed foods, whole foods only, etc.) it will come off quicker than you think.....

45 pounds so far this year. Im on it... Just thought I was a little closer than I thought. Thanks for the help!

I would be curious to hear from others who had good results at higher BF%. I see posting all the time from guys in the 16-18% range... But I never hear about results... Anyone else care to chime in?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i agree with TR, the higher you bf the more chance of sides.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I agree with both of you on the sides... That is without a doubt great info and fact.

Bumping though because I would like to hear from guys who have done it at higher BF% and still gotten results... I am talking in the 16-20 range... Can anyone speak to this?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    you will still get results, the steroids still work no matter what your bf.
    If you have high bf i wouldnt be running d-bol
    also how much of a visual difference it will make will vary. You might not see as much if its all covered in fat
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I am @ 23%Bf now. . . . . No sides so far. But, it just sucks lugging around weight that doesn't do shit.

Yeah I made a big mistake doing that. When I cycle again I will do a test only or possibly considering a a cutmix.... 50prop/50ace/50mast

Just measured... Im at 21.3% 231 pounds today... If I can melt off another 11 pounds I think I might be in the neighborhood...

cb714 is offline Member
    You just gotta make sure you stay on top of the AI man. More fat=more aromatese enzyme=more estrogen conversion You defintely need something to prevent that from taking place. Times Roman is correct though, there is no magic number but the lower the better though.

Let me ask you this, can you see your abs? If so, how much.

Great answers guys I really appreciate it

@cb lol hell no maybe upper abs in the morning after ive been fasting all night and you squint real hard with one eye closed and kinda turn your head sideways. But seriously I do know I have work to do. Ive done it the wrong way several times and I am working my butt off this time to get it right.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    I just finished a test E cycle at around 22% I put on 8 pounds and dropped my bf% to 19-20% so I'm pretty happy with my results, I had to dose my Adex @ .25mgs ED any less id get itchy nips, only real sides I got was a higher BP and ance on my chest and back in pct.

DeadlyD can you share your diet? Id like to get an idea of what you were eating... I think I might have a similar run... That would be an ideal outcome for me. I think I might still try and get down a bit more before I start though

cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjerdog View Post
    Great answers guys I really appreciate it

@cb lol hell no maybe upper abs in the morning after ive been fasting all night and you squint real hard with one eye closed and kinda turn your head sideways. But seriously I do know I have work to do. Ive done it the wrong way several times and I am working my butt off this time to get it right.
    LMFAO!.. that was funny.

Yeah man, just work on the diet a little more. Patience will reward you in the end. You dont wanna deal with gyno, acne or feel super bloated... leave those estro symptoms where they belong---with women.

Thread Information