Thread: Cycle dryness

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cycle dryness

So I was warming up with a set of calf raises Thursday at 600 lbs. On the fourth rep of my first set, I heard and felt a "pop" in my left gastrocnemius. I managed to finish the rep and set the weight back before stepping off the rack and damn near fell on my ass. Yep, hello lacerated calf muscle! I'm thinking this could have happened from tren . I'm on my third week of a 16 week cycle and my water intake is probably light (less than 2 liters a day). I know winni is infamous for drying you out. Is this common for tren? I usually warm up with this weight load so I doubt it was too much weight on a warm up rep - but I can't rule it out.

Any thoughts.......as I hobble my way back to the gym???? Lol

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why are you drinking less than 2 liters of water a day?

I really have no good answer TJ. Working too much and not taking enough H2O with me on the road. Coffee is my vice but that'll add to the dehydration. I'm going to buy a bunch of gallon tubs and keep them with me at all times!

jpowell is offline Banned
    Man u gotta b beastily to b warming up with 600 lbs calf raises. Machines at my gym cant evn hold 5 plates on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell
    Man u gotta b beastily to b warming up with 600 lbs calf raises. Machines at my gym cant evn hold 5 plates on each side.

Lol.....my sets are usually 6 for 8-12 reps at 900-1000. I have good genetics for triceps and calves. Wish the same were true for quads and pecs!!! Lol

We usually max the machine at 12 plates then stack them on top....or have someone sit up top!!!

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Lol.....my sets are usually 6 for 8-12 reps at 900-1000. I have good genetics for triceps and calves. Wish the same were true for quads and pecs!!! Lol
    Hows this work out for u? How long u been doing it? Im scared a change wen it comes to my gym routine, meaning i like my mod-heav weight at 10-12 reps., vs tryn the super heavy for 6-8 reps. Wod u rec tryna this out?

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    IMO what happened is you didn't warm up properly(slow enough) even though you and your body where very familiar to the weight being used it was the quick motion+the strength increase caused by the tren . You where able to exert more force in a shorter span of time in which your muscles, tendons, ligaments are used to. I hope this makes sense I hate proof reading...lol

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    and yea drink more water, also a laceration is a cut, you more than likely teared it a little bit, I would stay away from that exercise for a couple of weeks if its hurting at all, then gradually work your way back up.

Hows this work out for u? How long u been doing it? Im scared a change wen it comes to my gym routine, meaning i like my mod-heav weight at 10-12 reps., vs tryn the super heavy for 6-8 reps. Wod u rec tryna this out?

Hey JP. My routines vary with goals (e.g. Leaning out vs. bulking; on cycle vs. off cycle, etc) and boredom/plateaus (I swear I have undiagnosed ADHD/ADDH). Currently I'm working with a guy who used to compete nationally. He's got me on a hybrid routine. The first set of each muscle group we train (after a warm up set or two) is a balls out set of 8-10 reps for max weight (strength set). After that set, we drop to 6 sets, 12-15 reps to maximize hypertrophy. Each session usually targets three muscle groups max (e.g. Calves, quads, abs). It's a bit of a new routine for me and I'm seeing some lean mass gains and skin tearing pumps in the gym!

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck
    and yea drink more water, also a laceration is a cut, you more than likely teared it a little bit, I would stay away from that exercise for a couple of weeks if its hurting at all, then gradually work your way back up.
    Thanks Iron. Ya, I'm sure not warming up contributed to the problem. It was a bone head move motivated by a lack of patience. I definitely need to improve my water intake. I've been thinking that.....just not doing. Guess I had to learn this lesson the hard way!

I'm hopeful it's a partial tear. No bruising is reassuring bcuz I'd expect a lot of bruising if there was a full blown tear......and I likely would have dropped the stack immediately!

Thread Information