mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

lasix and women bloating

gf just changed got back on the pill and is pmsing, her bloating is about 5-10 x that of normal water retention when she gets her monthly. Her PT gave her a 40mg pill and said take 20mg and she will be fine, but i read on this board that this drug is frowned apon, so i wanna find out more... also what happens after she takes it and drops the water? does it all come back the next day??

thanks

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lasix is one of the strongest water-pills around. Competing bodybuilders use it to dry out completely before stepping on the stage and lasix abuse has hospitalized many of them, renal failure being the most common case. In the case of your GF, however, if she is mega-bloated like you portrayed, then 20mg should do more good than harm IMO.

Tell your GF to take it easy with carbs during PMS, eating a dozen of brownies and a gallon of chocolate ice cream (guessing here) will only make the bloating worse.

Blog Entries
    her diet is dialed in, and we change it for the one week of her period, then back to her regular diet. Its more or less cause she changed her BC pill and got back on bc after 6 months off.

does she only need to run it for 1 time at 20 mg?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    her diet is dialed in, and we change it for the one week of her period, then back to her regular diet. Its more or less cause she changed her BC pill and got back on bc after 6 months off.

does she only need to run it for 1 time at 20 mg?
    No, lasix only lasts for six hours (this is where its name comes from), so it should be used several times daily.

Blog Entries
    hrmm , her trainer said take half of this and you will be all better.. i was a bit thrown off this....

so really this isnt a good way to go about it?

seriously question. if i gave her my stane to drop bloat would it cause more damage then good?

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    hrmm , her trainer said take half of this and you will be all better.. i was a bit thrown off this....

so really this isnt a good way to go about it?

seriously question. if i gave her my stane to drop bloat would it cause more damage then good?
    Don't mess with her estrogen levels using an AI. This could counteract the birth control pills and otherwise mess with her menstrual cycle.

The lasix is fine, but it should be divided into smaller doses and taken more frequently.

nooby is offline Associate Member
    First of all if you love her, you would use condoms instead of making her take the pill, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    First of all if you love her, you would use condoms instead of making her take the pill, IMO.
    Really dude?? If she's having serious issues, then sure. But as a blanket statement, that is absurd.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    maybe you should consider a slower/longer acting diuretic instead of lasix. hydrochlorothiazide or indapamide

Thread Information