bradhore is offline Member

Less water retention with test prop?

Im in my 4th weekof running 700mg per week of test prop.
    Ive only gained about 5lbs, but im putting that down to an increased diet, plus running insulin may have caused me to gain a few lbs of fat, although ive consumed only 40g carbs within the 5 hours on insulin.
    Anyway, usually i tend to put on around 20lbs by the 5th week from running a long ester ie test enan or cyp, is it that with test prop it gives you little or no water retention??
    My gear is def legit.. Although no massive strength gains, again, water retention can give you extra strength ive read.. Any input?????

Atomini is offline Banned
    Prop does tend to give less water retention. But all this stuff varies from person to person as well.

anyone else know???

mwilkinson is offline Associate Member
    first time running test p currently. i find i'm less blown up especially in the face and neck and have more lean gains compared to test 400 or sust. i'm not sure if it's the prop or the combination of also being on tren for 8 weeks too. but i'm liking my cycle so far. up a clean 12 and lowered 1.5% body fat. don't have

PowerHouse1900 is offline Associate Member
    Test is test. Ester makes zero difference. as far as side effects. If you want less water up your AI and watch your diet.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Above. Exactly right. Ai and diet. I was amazed first time with an ai. No moon face.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I run 12.5 each day with a AI. So increasing it more will give me less water retention? Is there any sides/drawbacks to that?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Draw back is you could crash your estrogen.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Draw back is you could crash your estrogen.
    Yeah not good. Ill stay at 12.5 then.

A a a a a

Untrue, I did actually read under steroid profiles that with test prop there's less water retention. I'm doing test prop on its own too.. No great gains, I'll do teen with it next time I think! So why no strength gains?? Also, my diet hasn't been brilliant, alot of unnessasary car a, so surely that would increase water retention,, plus the fact im NOT I taking alot of water should also increase water retention. Don't get it. Might just be due to a crappy test only cycle which I've only sone a couple times before.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OP, it is impossible NOT to make gains (muscle & strength) on 700mg of legit Test Prop EW as long as your protein intake per pound of LBM is sufficient.

There is something wrong here, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 06-21-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Flacco is offline Member
    Thread: Less water retention with test prop?

[QUOTE=bradhore;6048639] I did actually read under steroid profiles that with test prop there's less water retention. QUOTE]

So you knew the answer to your own thread? If you're not seeing gains at 700mg a week of prop either gear is fake, diet is off, or you only go to the gym never times a week. Test only cycles are awesome imo. Of course more compounds=more effects, but people underestimate what just plane Test and good diet/training/disciplin can do.

^^^ Exactly.

Just 5lbs in 4 weeks is not good, and not what I normally achieve on long ester test cycles. I go gym 4 days a week. Only change in my diet is within the 5 hours after I enject insulin , I intake nearlly zero carbs or fats. So maybe its the fats im missing out on to build the muscle. I'm I taking around 300g protein per day though.

Flacco is offline Member
    Hmmm... I've never done slin b4, but I know if I go more than a couple hours without at least some carbs or fats while on cycle, I feel like I'm not gaining anything. Maybe you're just putting on lean mass and burning fat at the same time. I don't know how that sh1t works... even so 5 lbs in 4 weeks seems light.

Quote Originally Posted by bradhore View Post
    I intake nearlly zero carbs or fats. So maybe its the fats im missing out on to build the muscle. I'm I taking around 300g protein per day though.
    Horrible nutritional regimen, with or without AAS.

Yea well that's what U gotta do with insulin ... Else U get fat

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are eating low carbs as well as fats then you are not giving your body what it needs. Therefore it turns to protein for energy which results in less muscle.

Assuming you are bulking due to your test dose and running slin, why would you hinder your gains through diet with the fear of putting on fat. Fat can be avoided on slin but it is much easier to put it on. This is why most use it while bulking as they are not as worried about fat

So you're intaking nearly zero carbs while running insulin ?

Your body prefers carbs as an energy source and they're key in building new muscle tissue.

I intake a max of 30g of carbs after I inject me insulin and that's it until I wake up the next day. I handful of cashew nuts after my chicken should be good then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    So you're intaking nearly zero carbs while running insulin ?

Your body prefers carbs as an energy source and they're key in building new muscle tissue.
    Yep as is protein as well. And when your body cant find those carbs it turns to what it has ie. protein.

OP What is your current diet and goals?

After my workout at 6pm I do nothin' physical that requires carbs for energy. Pre workout I have 30g carbs, as throughout the day I consume carbs and fats, just not after my workout from 5pm... Goals Are to gain lean muscle but I doubt I will whilse taking slin

Didn't know carbs built muscle, I always thought protein and fat did that, and carbs was an energy source

Carbohydrates help to transport the the proteins to the muscle. This is why high carb/high protein diets are used when bulking. Too many carbs will cause some to be stored as fats.

This is why people cut carbs when cutting. THey are not intending to put on muscle mass but rather preserve it by eating lower carbs.

But whilse on the insulin surely not gain many carbs won't matter cus the insulin will be doing the work of transporting the protein and fats to muscle

Quote Originally Posted by bradhore View Post
    But whilse on the insulin surely not gain many carbs won't matter cus the insulin will be doing the work of transporting the protein and fats to muscle
    Insulin does control the protein synthesis as well as transportation of glucose. It helps to give the cell many more nutrients than it would usually obtain.

THis is why many get fat. The glucose is taken in and they eat way too many carbs while on. BUt not enough carbs can still have an effect on muscle building. Even while on slin.

If there is not enough glucose available the body will need to find energy elsewhere. SO carbohydrates are dependent upon dosage.

What is your current dosage?

10iu instantly after workout. Even when I only consume 20g carbs after, I feel fine, I don't feel like im gonna go hypo. Maybe its the fact all the slow.release carbs are still in my system from throughout the day...

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Carbohydrates help to transport the the proteins to the muscle. This is why high carb/high protein diets are used when bulking. Too many carbs will cause some to be stored as fats.

This is why people cut carbs when cutting. THey are not intending to put on muscle mass but rather preserve it by eating lower carbs.
    Exactly.. well said bro...

Thread Information