signals.lahoud is offline Junior Member

How do you change your weightlifting routine on cycle?

How do you change your workout on cycle?
    Just curious, about this, when i was working out naturally (no steroids ) I only work out 2 days in a row, then 1 day off, splitting my body into 4 different workouts (around 15 working sets per day) . so it takes me 6 days including resting days to do every muscle group. But when on roids, i imagine your body recovers much faster, can recover from a more intense workout, doesnt need need as much rest, etc. etc.

So how woruld you take advantage of this in the gym? Do most of you guys just keep the same routine on or off cycle, and get more gains? or do you change your routine, and if so how?

Kidengland22 is offline New Member
    It is still very possible to over train when on cycle, so reducing rest days will only increase the chance of injury and decrease gains, as the damage done in the gym can only be turned into muscle while resting. Just because you can do what you are currently doing easier doesn't mean do more of it, just do it harder. Increase the weight of your exercises, but equally increase protein intake to equate for the increase in muscular tearing.

It is always a good idea to change your exercise groups every few months as well, helps muscle confusion. If all you do is flat bench for 6 months and hit a wall, switch it up.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Listen up, the most ridiculous thing you can do is change your training frequency or change ANYTHING just for an AAS cycle aside from the usual routine periodization and regular changes you make. And those changes should never be drastic!

When using AAS, you should already by this point in your training career to have enough experience to know how your body responds to certain exercises, set/rep schemes, and training programs. This is one of the many important reasons why we advocate training naturally for as long as you can prior to using anabolic steroids ! So in short, do what has been giving you results your whole bodybuilding journy so far. Anabolic steroids do not create - they only ENHANCE what you have already been doing. If you've been putting on muscle well so far naturally, then anabolic steroids should enhance that by far even more. But what will determine your results is proper rest and diet.

I've seen alot of guys who use juice as an excuse to start training each muscle group even more frequently, and surprise surprise: they don't see the results as expected because they still overtrain. Though steroids reduce the likelihood of overtraining, they don't remove it. It's a big, BIG, BIG misconception. AAS will decrease your recovery time, yes... but it doesn't make you king. The general idea I am getting at here is this: Keep doing the same frequency and routine you've been doing so far (as long as that has been working) and the gear will help you put on even more size. The way I personally train on cycle is the exact same way I train when off-cycle! Remember, steroids don't create, they only enhance.

What put the muscle on you in the first place will help keep it there, and with AAS it will enhance your gains even more.

Ok thanks alot, and what about your diet? im sure you would aat least up your protean and total calories on cycle right?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Yes, diet is the one thing that should have a lot of freeplay to be changed, all depending on goals of course. It's always back to the basics with that: increase total overall calories and protein in order to gain muscle mass. This is especially important when on a cycle, as the increased levels of AAS will enable your body to utilize more of the food you eat for building muscle compared to being off-cycle.

cool thanks for the help

Thread Information