dylan111557 is offline Associate Member

Need help please!

Need help with my current routine, no one ever answers in the workout thread...

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...76#post6059176

papa-g is offline Member
    Squats???? Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by papa-g View Post
    Squats???? Where are they?
    I can do way more weight and put more strain on my muscles doing leg press instead of squat, traps aren't developed enough to do a high enough weight.

papa-g is offline Member
    That's bull. Squats are one of the best movements for overall growth. But that may not be your goal. So what is the main question you have?

That's bull. Squats are one of the best movements for overall growth. But that may not be your goal. So what is the main question you have?
    Are you actually going to start a debate over what's better squats or leg press? And that's not bull. My legs have been used everyday for the past 15 years of my life, I've played hockey soccer and volleyball. They are WAY more developed than my upper. Sorry but the fact is I can't hold up 300+lbs, but I could squat it I'm sure.

And the main question is , what needs to be changed in my routine, or should I start a different split? Not feeling any soreness AT ALL from the upper workout anymore.

papa-g is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan111557
    And the main question is , what needs to be changed in my routine, or should I start a different split? Not feeling any soreness AT ALL from the upper workout anymore.
    No I'm not gonna start a debate over it but running around for 15 years is not the best way to build solid legs. Also squats build core along with every muscle in your legs where leg presses don't. And I don't squat 300+ either in fact when I started I was at 135 and you'd be amazed at how much that helps. Try it for 3 set of 15 But ok on to your question. I change up my routine every 6 weeks or so , so yes it's time to do some thing different. What are your main goals and I tell you what I think might be a good routine. Take it or leave it. I may not be right but I'll give you my 2¢ if you want?

No I'm not gonna start a debate over it but running around for 15 years is not the best way to build solid legs. Also squats build core along with every muscle in your legs where leg presses don't. And I don't squat 300+ either in fact when I started I was at 135 and you'd be amazed at how much that helps. Try it for 3 set of 15 But ok on to your question. I change up my routine every 6 weeks or so , so yes it's time to do some thing different. What are your main goals and I tell you what I think might be a good routine. Take it or leave it. I may not be right but I'll give you my 2¢ if you want?
    Main goal is to build muscle. I'd like to be 185-190lbs at 10% body fat. Not a final goal, but something I'd like to achieve.,

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Main goal to build muscle. Squats /Deads/Bench. Squats aren't just for legs. Squats create an overall anabolic environment in the body that maximizes gains from other exercises [in your workout],. Because squats involve a large muscle group and require a tremendous amount of energy, they trigger the release of extra testosterone and growth hormone in the bloodstream. And that'll help you build your upper body, too.

papa-g is offline Member
    Ok well IMO the nest way to build solid mass is to eat and train hard. I like to hit each muscle from various angles with different exercises to get the optimal result. Take for example biceps. Most guys it up the preacher curl and blast out a few sets of ten. Ok that's fine to increase size but in order to fully develop a quality bicep you need to hit it from other angles. I.e. standing straight bar, dumbell concentration, seated hammers, cable....... No I don't do these everyday all the time but I do incorporate different movements in at different time over about a 6 week period. I also don't like the idea of doing an entire day of upper. I like a 6 day split with back and bi's, chest and tri's and legs/core. Shoulders get added in on chest days and my exercises change from day to day.

My basic workout was Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Off Wednesday and then thursday, Friday, Saturday. On the first chest day I'd do dumbell bench, chest dips and cable flies. Then the second chest day I'd do incline and decline. And dumbell flies.

This is one example of how I hit the same group twice a week but with different exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Main goal to build muscle. Squats /Deads/Bench. Squats aren't just for legs. Squats create an overall anabolic environment in the body that maximizes gains from other exercises [in your workout],. Because squats involve a large muscle group and require a tremendous amount of energy, they trigger the release of extra testosterone and growth hormone in the bloodstream. And that'll help you build your upper body, too.
    Thanks for the info! trying to set up a new routine, do you think i should stick to upper/lower?

castiron is offline Associate Member
    Mthurs squat, T Fdead, W S bench, 5x5. sun off

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I train 1 body part per day quads/hams, chest/calf, back, shoulders ,bi/tri 4 working sets of each. 6-8 reps. Unless deloading then 12-15

papa-g is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    I train 1 body part per day quads/hams, chest/calf, back, shoulders ,bi/tri 4 working sets of each. 6-8 reps. Unless deloading then 12-15
    Good point. I forgot to add that I do 5 sets of 6-10 for the muscle one day and the 3 sets of 12-15 on the other. I feel it gives the best of strength and mass.

Thread Information