Cronos1247 is offline New Member

Looking for input on first cycle or recommended reading material

I've been training steadily for 4-5 years now, will be turning 28 this year and have strongly been considering running the most basic cycle.

Currently:

Weight: 225lb
    BF: 12%
    Height: 6'4"
    Intake: 3785K (400/400/65)

From what I've read, the most basic cycle is a simple Test E one.

Weeks 1-12: Test 500mg Weekly divided up Mon/Thur @ 250mg / 250mg.
    Weeks 1-12: AI Daily at 12.5mg
    Weeks 15-19:PCT with Nolva 40/40/20/20

Things I've been considering:
    -Run Clomid with my PCT? I've read that Clomid enhances hair thinning/loss, this could be complete bullshit but being that I have no said experience with this, I can't argue that statement. Was hoping someone here could elaborate on that.

-Adding HCG to this? I never wanted to get too wrapped up in adding compounds that weren't necessary, but would definitely want to make this cycle as safe as possible. Running HCG through the full cycle/PCT, would you advise it?

-Back / Shin pumps? A while back I had put together a complete H-Drol cycle and from what I had read, back and shin pumps were very common and very painful. I was going to be supplementing with Milk Thistle on that particular cycle, are pumps on Test E just the same and do you ever take anything to prevent it?

-I've read to start @ 2x your bodyweight for MG dosing on Test E, which would put me at 450mg. Should I run it at 450 or 500?

Regarding reading material, I was looking into picking up a few books to better educate myself in general. I never want to get too deep into it with stacking compounds etc (I'm sure everyone said that their first cycle) but would definitely like to know all aspects of preventing any unwanted side effects and what not. I was planning on picking up "Anabolics 10th Edition".

Any input / criticism greatly apprecated!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    Weeks 1-12: Test 500mg Weekly divided up Mon/Thur @ 250mg / 250mg.
    500mg of Test on a first cycle is not necessary. That's just parroted advice. You can make solid gains on 300-400mg especially being this is the first time this compound is being introduced to your body.
    Weeks 1-12: AI Daily at 12.5mg
    Weeks 15-19:PCT with Nolva 40/40/20/20

Things I've been considering:
    -Run Clomid with my PCT? I've read that Clomid enhances hair thinning/loss, this could be complete bullshit but being that I have no said experience with this, I can't argue that statement. Was hoping someone here could elaborate on that.
    Depends. Some get make it through recovery with 2 SERMS better than 1. With Test by itself, you should be fine with Nolva by itself. This SERM increases endogenous Test higher than Clomid in a head to head comparison anyway. Never heard of hair issues, however it does secrete chemicals that may influence emotion on doses typically higher than what we use for PCT.

-Adding HCG to this? I never wanted to get too wrapped up in adding compounds that weren't necessary, but would definitely want to make this cycle as safe as possible. Running HCG through the full cycle/PCT, would you advise it?
    Personally I'd use it in a more suppressive cycle. We use HCG to stimulate the testes and provide adequate natural endocrine response thus promoting the return of natty T. In other words it assists in what the SERMS are doing in a sense, also brings size back to the testes. This one's up to you, although it's not a necessity.

-Back / Shin pumps? A while back I had put together a complete H-Drol cycle and from what I had read, back and shin pumps were very common and very painful. I was going to be supplementing with Milk Thistle on that particular cycle, are pumps on Test E just the same and do you ever take anything to prevent it?
    I've never heard of these problems with test, only certain orals. Increase H20/taurine/potassium/and stretch regularly.

-I've read to start @ 2x your bodyweight for MG dosing on Test E, which would put me at 450mg. Should I run it at 450 or 500?
    above^

Regarding reading material, I was looking into picking up a few books to better educate myself in general. I never want to get too deep into it with stacking compounds etc (I'm sure everyone said that their first cycle) but would definitely like to know all aspects of preventing any unwanted side effects and what not. I was planning on picking up "Anabolics 10th Edition".
    That's a good book to start. I have 5th-9th editions. Each year he provides new material and explains why he's come up with it. Also, check out 'Underground Anabolics' by Llewellyn & Tober.

Any input / criticism greatly apprecated!
    There you go*

Cronos1247 is offline New Member
    Awesome HP, thanks very much for the solid advice.

So I should be good to go with just Test E / AI / Nolva then being that it's just a basic Test E cycle & will reduce to between 300-400.

I'm sure it's very much user dependent but do you think that since I'm running only Test, the Testes shrinkage shouldn't be an issue being that it's such a mild run?

I know I'm regurgitating some of your answers in my own words, I just feel more confident reiterating them to make sure that I understand correctly lol

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Exe/Nolva/HCG is optional although if you have the extra money there's no harm in adding it, you'll only benefit from it. By keeping it though, you'll prevent shrinkage. Test dose looks good. Get blood work pre-cycle & post-PCT and compare values.

Thread Information