castiron is offline Associate Member

why nolva vs clomid

why do some people prefer one over the other?

Smart-tony is offline Member
    I use Nolva for anti-estrogen purpose. Clomid is best when you come off.

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i believe both should be used during pct

well then what about arimidex as an ai?

WHY? I need an in depth explanation please. I know someone knows and has an essay saved on it.

DanB is offline Banned
    What you mean why armidex? read swifto sticky at top of q&a it explains why an a.i is necessary, but to sum it up, why would you want that much estrogen in your body and the possible side effects it can cause?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by castiron View Post
    well then what about arimidex as an ai?

WHY? I need an in depth explanation please. I know someone knows and has an essay saved on it.
    ask a more specific question. You want an in depth answer but a vague question.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I thought smarttony was saying to use nolva instead of arimidex as an AI? didnt make sense. my original question still hasnt been answered, why clomid vs nolva on pct? Is one better than the other? or more effective with one aas vs another?

DanB is offline Banned
    nolva is a serm and dosnt lower estrogen

you should always use both for pct IMO unless the sides from clomid prevent you from using it,

people dont mind spending extra money on AAS but when it comes to a couple of dollars for a strong pct they dont want to spend it, even though the short and long term benefits may be alot greater then they realise

The only thing i have ever used is clomid during pct. I never used an AI during cycle as I didnt have any sides other than bloating while using test c 500mg/week. I was emotional though, in retrospect it may have been due to the lack of an ai???

The only thing i have ever used is clomid during pct. I never used an AI during cycle as I didnt have any sides other than bloating while using test c 500mg/week. I was emotional though, in retrospect it may have been due to the lack of an ai???
    read swifto's thread. You had high estrogen.I dont get why people think its a non issue unless they get gyno

DanB is offline Banned
    yes bloating and ''emotional'' is down to excess estrogen whuch an a.i would of rectified

just because you got away without using an a.i last time, dosnt necessiarily mean that you wont experience more severe side effects in the future, even if running the same dose, it has been known to happen

EDIT

bored in work today gix? you typing very fast again

I dont mind spending the $. Ill spend whatever it takes. So next cycle will be test 500mg/week. Any suggestion on ester? ive only ever used e and c... what should my ai/serm/pct look like?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Nolva has been shown to be more effective than clomid in literally everything it does. Nolvadex at a dose of 20mg a day has been shown in studies to raise testosterone levels by 150%(1). In comparison, you'd need 150mg of clomid to achieve that. In addition, nolvadex acts as a much stronger and better estrogen receptor agonist than clomid does, making it more effective on a mg per mg basis for blocking gyno. Clomid and nolva are like brothers and sisters, and nolvadex has shown to do everything far better than clomid. It should be everyone's #1 choice over clomid for PCT to recover endogenous test production, as well as gyno control.

I would also like to mention that clomid has been known to come with some nasty side effects a lot of people seem to get, that is not anywhere near as commonly reported as nolvadex. These include things like hot flashes, extreme mood swings, and vision problems(!!!). Vision problems!? No thanks, not for me.

References:

1. Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7.

DanB is offline Banned
    the ester is pretty irrelevant, it comes down to how often you want to pin, ed or eod then prop, 2x's a week then test e,c or a blend

armidex or aromasin for an a.i

4week pct using nolva and clomid and start time depends on what ester you run

all the info is out there and very very easy to find, 10mins would do it, and since you took the time to write a thread telling newbies what to do, you should really know these basic's already

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    the ester is pretty irrelevant, it comes down to how often you want to pin, ed or eod then prop, 2x's a week then test e,c or a blend

armidex or aromasin for an a.i

4week pct using nolva and clomid and start time depends on what ester you run

all the info is out there and very very easy to find, 10mins would do it, and since you took the time to write a thread telling newbies what to do, you should really know these basic's already
    lol, i forgot that thread,

these arent basics. I want to know why nolva is better than clomid or vice versa. Detailed analysis. It has been answered via PM and Atomini. Your constant sarcasm/negativity is not appreciated Dan. I appreciate your opinion but not attacks.
    Last edited by castiron; 07-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    its the truth, and how to use an a.i and pct is as basic as you get, you give wrong info and try preach to people when you dont even know the basics yourself, not trying to get into a pissing match, just saying.......

I dont mind spending the $. Ill spend whatever it takes. So next cycle will be test 500mg/week. Any suggestion on ester? ive only ever used e and c... what should my ai/serm/pct look like?
    these arent basics. I want to know why nolva is better than clomid or vice versa. Detailed analysis. It has been answered via PM and Atomini. Your constant sarcasm/negativity is not appreciated Dan. I appreciate your opinion but not attacks.
    that is very basic

that wasnt the original question. As far as the bolds, I just wanted an opinion. I know what they are...

BobTheBodyBuilder is offline Associate Member
    lots of stickies out there for what your looking for

Thread Information