PHATCAT is offline Associate Member

WHATS going ON with this site ????

Anybody noticing this site being VERY VERY slow to respond? IS it the updates being added? Many times I can not even get On the board! And moving from page to page takes for ever!!!!!!!!! AND posting replies........GOD its like is thing even working! Its NOT my computer its (Spankin NEW) and its not my connection (HIGH SPEED CABLE ACCESS) Every other site/ web page is accessible INSTANTLY!!!!!!
    With NO wait!!! ANYONE know whats up?????????

Red5 is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem, but its been that way forever.My computer is so old and slow, it belongs in a museum.

jason864 is offline New Member
    new comp here to bro an the site is runnin really SLOW

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Bros,

Last night around 9 the site was totlay down, I couldnt login or anything, then it started picking up, but it was slow as hell, and no one was here on the boards. Dont worry, everything is fine. The site is going through some changes, I will have to ask Jason about it though.

Please do! WHAT IM I TO DO WITH OUT MY Anabolic RevieW ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel LOST with out you bros!!!!!!!!! ............ LOL

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    well, I asked Jason, dont worry people, dont panic, but no one knows what wrong, I think its the whole net not just this site, I had some problems with another forum too, probably the chinese hackers fucking around again...

m0n
    m0n is offline New Member
    weird here too, this morning it seemd my ** was completly blocked coz i used a proxy and connection worked fine..

NO its Definately THIS SITE well and the MAIN PAGE for Anaboilc Review! No other web site that I vist and thats NO OTHER takes so long to access. Hell I cant even get on here alot of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! !! JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least give us an up date Notice Explaining the situation! I did read you are now on this FULTIME!!!! I need my daily dose of AR!!! p.s. just stiring up some shit Jason!!! I love AR!

WHAT the FUCK TOnight I couldnt get On for 4 2 HRS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCK

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I got that too... BTW... Mac O/S 9.1 w/ IE 5.1

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Alright, I do not know what you guys are experiencing there, but I'm pretty sure it is just a temporary thing. I'm usually on AR about 6 hours a day at least, and so far I have never had any problems. The speed is DAMN fast, whether I am surfing the board or making replies, just like this one

Problem might also be on your own end, check out some other websites to make sure your isp isn't lagging. And most importantly ... BE PATIENT

Originally posted by Warrior
    I got that too... BTW... Mac O/S 9.1 w/ IE 5.1
    I have no IDEA what you just said WarriorBUT RIGHT ON!!!!!!
    IM no computer GEEK!

OH Terinox Ive surfed AND its DEFINATLEY this SITE !!!!!!!!!!

No... my ISP is pretty damn fast and did not have problems on other sites. Already troubleshooted it.

Part of it is the features you get at AR can become overwhelming on the server load when a lot of people are logged on. There is a lot of database call ups that increases the usability of AR. PM's, Subscribed threads, ect... I wouldn't want to even suggest getting rid of any of them - but maybe down the line AR can be hosted on a faster connection. The fact is, no one really pays to be on here - except by supporting affiliate site's like AllSportsNutrition.com - so few can really "expect" anything.

Originally posted by PHATCAT
    OH Terinox Ive surfed AND its DEFINATLEY this SITE !!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm.....In that case, all I can say is be patient, and give it some more time, I'm sure things will pick up bro. If it's still bad after a couple days, ask a MOD for some input. Might be problem with your account who knows

OK , BUT Ive heard the same thing from alot of BROS here!!!!!!!!!

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm with Terinox...site works perfectly for me.

BTW, this is THE best site out there, and it's worth the wait! Patience, PHATCAT!

-moto

Ive got HIGH speed conection so it should be MUCH faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no IDEA what you just said WarriorBUT RIGHT ON!!!!!!
    IM no computer GEEK!
    So why I gots to be a frickin' GEEK now?

Basically what I said was MACINTOSH 9.1 OPERATING SYSTEM (yes, I know it needs to be updated but I would have to upgrade a few graphics programs too) RUNNING INTERNET EXPLORER 5.1 (probably also old)...

motoxxxguy , LOL you Guys kill me I cant beleive I have SO MUCH FUN here!!!!!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Jason has been working on several upgrades so be patient.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    sites running pretty good for me....just my opinion..

BIG-G is offline Banned
    Brand new dell here with roadrunner. A FEW TIMES it has definately been slow to put in a reply or go from page to page, almost like being overloaded, but not all the time. Have been able to log on everytime, my p.c. is set on cookies so it automatically logs me in with the computer being on. (cookies is what your comp saves everytime you hit a key or however you set it, if you have it set on cookies for 'ar' then it remembers the site, and ur user name and password, and ur comp now stores it and walla, ur on 'ar' automatically)

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Jason has been working on several upgrades so be patient.
    Yes sometimes when Jason applies patches and upgrades, it may bog the site down or sometimes completely make it go down. Better that than getting hacked again, I say. Hell how else do you think he makes this site look so good? LOL..

HONESTLY ARE YOU BROS ALL GETTING THIS PROBLEM STILL ?
    I AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Weird.............

I'm still doing fine PHATCAT, dunno what the prob. you're having could be, odd. Msgs a MOD and ask them, not sure.

Do you think that Anti virus ware or Pop up blockers could cause a problem??? But there are alot of guys having this slow and no connect Problem and unless they all have the same Anti virus and pop up stoppers as I do I dont think thats it! This is still the only site I have this problem with! I visit other sites / Boards and its just this one I wish I knew why ???? I Love it here and this is SO......... Fustrating !!!!!!!!!

That's not good bro

I'm pretty sure it's NOT the anti virus program or the spyware programs u got, cuz I got those too.

I'm thinking it must be something with your browser. Try fooling around with some of the features, you might have accidently changed before. Check to make sure cookies are activated (this speeds up you connection because it remembers everything from before). Also, some of the pictures, links and stuff can be stored on the computer as saved html files (i think) which help the page load faster too, because it recalls it from harddrive and not just all straight from the web each time you log on. Also try different browsers. If you are using Internet Explorer, try Netscape instead.

Good luck

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Shit, AR ain't near as bad as elite......elite is always slow as hell

Cookies On! NETSCAPE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried it, way to complicated compared to Explorer!!!!!!!!! Ive got there newest versions! Both Net. and Expl.

Cookies On! NETSCAPE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried it, way to complicated compared to Explorer!!!!!!!!! Ive got there newest versions! Both Net. and Expl.
    I am truly BAFFLED! I got no idea wuz going on bro, sorry for your speed But just be patient and stick around AR, don't leave

Ok tell me you guys didnt have the system just shut down This is what it just told me ............ I sent the message to tech support !!!!

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/steroid /ar/vbulletin/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    SOMETHINS GOIN ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PHATCAT; 04-22-2003 at 07:13 PM.

I think you're in the Twilight Zone bro

Thread Information