Razor is offline Banned
    Its not a steroid that keeps your gains its your pct and diet and training after your off gear that keeps your gains. Growth will help you keep your gains though but you need to run it on cycle as well and run it for at least 6-8 months.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    growth is not a steroid .
    And as d-bol it outs on alot of water weight, So you will loose that. I dont consider that gains.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor
    Its not a steroid that keeps your gains its your pct and diet and training after your off gear that keeps your gains. Growth will help you keep your gains though but you need to run it on cycle as well and run it for at least 6-8 months.
    Razor's correct. If you don't have a fantastic nutrition plan, kiss most of your size and strength gains good bye. Nothing replaces proper nutrition. The mistake a lot of people make is that they look at the pro BBs and assume sticking yourself with junk makes you the next Mr. Olympia. No way! The pros are meticulous in their diet. Every gram of food is planned, measured, and recorded. Sure, gear will facilitate gains in lean muscle and strength but until you have the discipline to plan, perfect, and follow the proper nutrition, your gains will be short lived and you will be disappointed.

The pros make a career out of diet and exercise. It's not a hobby like it is for most of us. If you're not tracking every gram of food and planning your macros with your tdee, you are setting yourself up for short term success and long term disappointment. Diet, IMO is THE most challenging aspect of body building and takes the most discipline and commitment.

ChosenGenetics is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Diet, IMO is THE most challenging aspect of body building and takes the most discipline and commitment.
    Agreed! ^

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Your 6-3 222lbs @ 7% bf ? Where are you wanting to go? Food will be the best anabolic substance to put in your body to keep gains. And please tell us you are not looking at a dbol only cycle?

Popeye's is offline Junior Member
    "Every gram of food is planned, measured, and recorded."
    Hardest part of bodybuilding!
    I plan much of my meals, mesure the protein/carb/fat intake, well I would say estimate and I don't really record anything, as long as I have enough of everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye's
    "Every gram of food is planned, measured, and recorded."
    Hardest part of bodybuilding!
    I plan much of my meals, mesure the protein/carb/fat intake, well I would say estimate and I don't really record anything, as long as I have enough of everything!
    I used to be that way but realized if I wasn't recording my intake daily there was too much variance. Now, everything I eat is measured and recorded. I also have a few phone apps that scan UPC codes and uploads all nutritional values including serving size so I capture macros more effectively. The only piece I don't track efficiently is tdee.

mzaafrani is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

I used to be that way but realized if I wasn't recording my intake daily there was too much variance. Now, everything I eat is measured and recorded. I also have a few phone apps that scan UPC codes and uploads all nutritional values including serving size so I capture macros more effectively. The only piece I don't track efficiently is tdee.
    Do you happened to know what the app is called please

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by mzaafrani View Post
    I think the one i use is called fatsecret, thats the name that emailed me after i registereid. but shows up as calorie counter on my phone. Its great does everything. Har restaurants, bar code scanner
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mzaafrani
    There are a few I use and they generate intake reports:
    - Food scanner
    - My Net Diary

I stumbled upon Heart Fitness yesterday. It uses your camera as a plethsmograph to read BP in your finger tip. Seems to be pretty accurate so far and a good quick estimate of your BP if you feel the need to check it.

I also like iFitness. Tracks training and has a nice collection of training programs and videos if you're looking for some iterations in your workouts.

technodrome is offline Junior Member
    Keeping track of each and every gram you eat, tdee, and macros only takes me 5 minutes at the end of everyday on my computer. And an extra 10 seconds every meal to weigh the food before i put it on my plate. Everything from restaurants can be estimated and popular chain restaurants offer exact nutritional data online.

Anyone who says its the hardest part of bodybuilding needs to learn some microsoft excel spreedsheet skills. Its easy once you have the rite spreedsheet.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    "Myfitnesspal"is is a good app also to track food, water, cardio and weight training. It even has a bar code scanner set up for food that isnt already in the data base.

Quote Originally Posted by technodrome
    Keeping track of each and every gram you eat, tdee, and macros only takes me 5 minutes at the end of everyday on my computer. And an extra 10 seconds every meal to weigh the food before i put it on my plate. Everything from restaurants can be estimated and popular chain restaurants offer exact nutritional data online.

Anyone who says its the hardest part of bodybuilding needs to learn some microsoft excel spreedsheet skills. Its easy once you have the rite spreedsheet.
    I still suggest its the hardest component because it requires a higher level of commitment. Going to the gym and sticking needles in your ass (or elsewhere) takes less effort IMO.

In my early years, I put on a lot of size. My caloric intake was high but my macros were all over the place because I didn't track anything. I just ate, ate, ate to gain size. I had thickness but very little definition or muscle tone. Once I put the effort into it, I had superior lean gains and looked and felt better.

Yes it's easy once you develop the right habit. Planning your nutrition isn't rocket science BUT developing the right habit takes about 30 days of repetitive behaviors before behaviors become habitual. Many people don't commit to nutritional plans long enough to develop the right eating habits, hence my supposition that it's the hardest piece to get nailed down and truly committed to.

technodrome is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I still suggest its the hardest component because it requires a higher level of commitment. Going to the gym and sticking needles in your ass (or elsewhere) takes less effort IMO.

In my early years, I put on a lot of size. My caloric intake was high but my macros were all over the place because I didn't track anything. I just ate, ate, ate to gain size. I had thickness but very little definition or muscle tone. Once I put the effort into it, I had superior lean gains and looked and felt better.

Yes it's easy once you develop the right habit. Planning your nutrition isn't rocket science BUT developing the right habit takes about 30 days of repetitive behaviors before behaviors become habitual. Many people don't commit to nutritional plans long enough to develop the right eating habits, hence my supposition that it's the hardest piece to get nailed down and truly committed to.
    I'll give you that, For me keeping my macro's in line with the 40/40/20 or otherwise is easy. But then making sure they are the rite kind of carbs, the rite kind of fats, and keeping sugars/salts down. That's whats hard. Like you said, The commitment is where it gets hard.

"Anyone who says its the hardest part of bodybuilding needs to learn some microsoft excel spreedsheet skills. Its easy once you have the rite spreedsheet."
    I did not mean that writing doing what we eat during the day is hard, but staying in the proper levels of intake, basically nutrition, is the hardest part!

"Seriously!?! I have this conversation weekly with younger guys who THINK they have their diet dialed in. It's the hardest part." Post my MuscleInk!

I will def start recording my daily intake - I will also download some apps for my Blackberry!
    Last edited by Popeye's; 07-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Thread Information