Thread: Cycle on TRT?

beeasy1689 is offline Junior Member

Cycle on TRT?

Hello, I have just recently started a TRT program, and take one tube of Testim a day (50mg test, i think its about 10% or so actually gets absorbed so around 5mg of test a day) and I am thinking about doing a cycle (which would be my first). Now would this be something completely effing insane to do or is this a fairly common thing to do? Also I was wondering what to do for a PCT (if any) because wouldnt the point of it be to get your test levels normal again? as my test levels would be being controlled by the amount of test I take daily. Anyways, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, I am obviously very new to this and am trying to read read read as much as possible. If im going to do this I want to do it right...if i can avoid any rookie mistakes that would be awesome. Oh, and a little background...I have been training seriously for about 4 years now but i did do some training when i was a kid for football gut camp. i am 23 years old, im taking classes on personal training as this is what i want to do for a living. Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing and able to help out.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    no you would not run a pct
    You stated you just started trt. So i would hold off for a little while. Being on trt will help you. Also when you begin trt you dont know if your dosages are correct. So your gonig to need follow bloodwork to make sure everything is right. You will throw that off with running a cycle. Get your trt ironed out for a while and then cycle
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

yeah that does sound like a good idea. if the general consensus would be for me to not cycle at all i wouldnt be completely adverse to it, but if it is possible for me to do it in a safe and effective way i would really like to jump on it down the line. i have got 2 sets of BW done so far but im going for some more in a couple months, ill post it up here when i get it done and take it from there i guess. now, say when i get it done...what would i look for to tell me that it would be a good/bad idea for me to cycle? or would i just be waiting for my TRT dose to be stable, and then id be all set? and would i do anything different (cycle wise) because im on TRT, or could i just go off one of the "cycles for newbies". maybe just do a larger dose of injection test? oh and thank you for getting back to me so quickly

for a first cycle and on trt you best bet is just taking more test for 10 or 12 weeks then going back to your trt dose. You will still need an ai on cycle but you do not need pct.
    Your stats would help to determine when you are ready too. post your stats

ok. stats like height/weight/BF/arm,leg measurements? anything else? i apologize im still learning

weight
    bf%
    years training

Im 23 years old (24 in Jan. 2013), 6'2'', around 188lbs (give or take), im not 100% positive of my BF but id say its somewhere around the 10-12% range. if i flex me abs , you can see all six although the bottom 2 dont stick out as much. As for training, I have been steadily training and really paying attention to my diet and taking the right supplements for the past 4 years. But i was working out when i was younger, doing Gut Camp for football and going to the gym for fun with no idea what i was doing but it was not too serious. I want to do something fitness related for a career, and I am now taking classes for personal training. If there is anything you would like to know i'd be happy to answer

pinoyboyz is offline New Member
    i too am a rookie,im 52 yrs old bin bck at da gym for 4 months now my personal best on da bench is at 300 lbs,weight is 182. had lab wrk dun,& diag w/ low -t. so,doc put me on 200ml injections per month. i am so ovrwhelm w/ all these cycles etc. i had read sum info on sum of doz steroid retailers bout goin w/ deca durabolin coz its da steroid of choice due to its low aromatase affct followed by sustanon to keep my test levels normalize. then take nolvadex aftr my cycle. i dont know,am frustrated on how to do this safe and right.....jst wnt to get big and strong for my confidence. could any experience knowledgable person point me in da right direction plz. id like to keep it simple and less confusing and defin dont wnt da side affects of dat gynomastia( female characteristics) thx

id make your own post dude, youd get more luck with your question and im trying to get info for myself here.

haterade is offline Associate Member
    trt at 23??

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I started TRT topical 120mgs ED roll on about 8months ago. It never did too much, but for the brand, it was the maximum dose a person is supposed to take. I can tell you not to use it if you are going to cycle and keep getting the refills to start up after the cycle(IF you choose to do so). I wouldnt cycle for a good while just to see how your body, energy and sex drive respond. I stopped my first cycle early because some members on here made me feel dumb, but I am glad they did as I was going about it wrong. I do think though that if you decide to cycle, once it is over, double the TRT does X2 for the first week or 2 then taper back down to prescribed dose. Being that you and I are unfortunate to be on TRT so early, we dont have the luxury of running a proper PCT and if you only run the prescribed dose right after a cycle, you will feel like pure crap, as I have the past couple of days. I know its mostly psycological andnot physical, but it isnt fun. Good luck and run that TRT for a bit.

first off, thank you for the response and i think im at least going to wait a while if not completely junk the idea of a cycle for now. i really dont want to do it if i cant do it safely and efficiently, however i have heard it can be done but...either there will be side effects or it screwed them up completely. it is unfortunate that im on TRT so young...it does suck. but at least i now know what the issue is and i can take care of it accordingly, and the last thing i want to do i f*ck it up, ya know? if i get enough feed back from senior members (or people who have done it with GOOD results) ill consider it again. but until then i just want to soak up as much info as possible and it would be great to get some more opinions on this issue.

also, what did you do for a cycle? and whats the diff between like a topical and a gel, like what i use? have you tried injections as well or is this the only form of TRT you have had? sorry for all the questions i literally got some BW done, went to the doctor's, got referred to a urologist and got TRT...so its been kindof a whirl wind of shit coming at me. and i ended up with test gel that i barely know anything about. ive done some research here and ther before, actually on this site but nothing major.

Thread Information