digsy1983 is offline Member

anabolic vs catabolic??

Hi guys, I was watching a video on utube that was made by national discovery channel (I think) and it said that anabolic steroids actually block the cortizol chemical in your body and that intern stops you going catabolic. (Almost sure it said cortizol). Do you guys agree with that?

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    yes lol.

hence a cutting cycle

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if you search under Cortisol on wiki, you'll find a great write-up. it is a crucial hormone for normal daily function, mainly involved in breaking down of glycogen/fat/protein stores in the body to produce energy.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, all AAS lower cortisol.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Well maybe you guys can clear something up for me. A couple of members were bickering the other day about the "anabolic window" post workout. Is that a hoax or is it a real thing? Or is it maybe something that is more important off cycle? I always mix up WPI and WPH with pixi stix after a workout because I though it was best to do to recover your muscles. Are all of the magazines and internet articles wrong?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is some validity to the importance of quickly replenishing glycogen stores after a workout to prevent catabolism, but it is usually exaggerated.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Cheers guys. Was laying in bed thinking about that last night, mind racing cudnt sleep sort of thing. Ill set about reading the wiki link asaindude asap. Got a bit of fasted cardio to do then some eating first tho!

Thread Information