x_SANDMAN_x is offline Associate Member

I lose so much weight so fast!

This is something thats very frustrating and even depressing!
    It would literally take less than a month to loose everything that i gain in a year! Ive been out of the gym for 3 months now and ive lost 32lb! A big chuck of it from muscle!
    Everything i gained in more than 2 years, gone in only 3 months!

So basically, i went from 234lb @ %12bf to 202lb @ %18bf
    So not only did i loose a huge amount of lbm but i gained a huge amount of bf as a bonus!
    Yes, my diet has been awful too, but thats only compared to how it used to be 3 months ago. Which means even thou its been bad, it is still better than the average person's! Whole wheat only and hardly any food thats fried and every meal predominantly consists of proteins! And i also my tdee is only slightly below my maintenance level! Cz i know if i eat more, since im not working out, i will just gain more fat!

The only explanation is very lousy genetics! I understand that and somehow i accept it! Got no choice anyway!

My question is, how can i stop losing so much weight at a ridiculous pace when, due to certain circumstance, i am not able to work out for an extended period of time? I ask this question here in case there is a certain cycle i could run when i am not working that would serve this purpose.

Ps. Been "seriously" working out 17 years! The total amount of breaks i took during these 17 years was no more than 2 years! 3 months being the longest ive been out of the gym.
    Last edited by x_SANDMAN_x; 07-19-2012 at 09:32 AM.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    If your body does not need muscle it will do everything in its power to loose it, if you want it bad enough you've got to work for it. Simple

DanB is offline Banned
    The increase of b/f and loss of LBM was far more attribuited to diet then the absence from the gym

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    The increase of b/f and loss of LBM was far more attribuited to diet then the absence from the gym
    well, according to my body, yes and no.

I tried it before when i was on a trip for 2 months and i couldnt work out!
    I was on a custom made clean diet eating at my maintenance level. I lost almost the same amount of LBM but gained way more bf. I couldnt understand it! The last 3 meals had no carbs, and then i tried little carbs, and then i adjusted the fat a couple of times...but still i was gaining fat! So i figured i should eat below my maintenance level! So now im not gaining "as much" bf but but still losing LBM at the same rate!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    May be a longshot, but have you had your testosterone levels tested? Maybe you didn't recover from a previous cycle or have naturally low levels? Not knowing anything about you, this is purely a guess, but it could help explain why your body can't support lbm very well n u gain fat easily. Or maybe you're just over your genetic potential? again, purely speculation

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    May be a longshot, but have you had your testosterone levels tested? Maybe you didn't recover from a previous cycle or have naturally low levels? Not knowing anything about you, this is purely a guess, but it could help explain why your body can't support lbm very well n u gain fat easily. Or maybe you're just over your genetic potential? again, purely speculation
    Very possible and very possible. . . .

Get some blood work and if you want the size you need the gym. But, when I stopped for 6 months I did not lose LBM just lost all my definition. But, your previous weight was pretty high. 234@ 12%Bf is damn big, I say you are pushing your body's limit.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Very possible and very possible. . . .

Get some blood work and if you want the size you need the gym.
    I just want to be able to maintain my size on a lay off! Or keep the lose to a minimum! And if i get blood work done and i find out i got naturally low test! What could i do about it? Am a going to permanently be on a cycle?

But, when I stopped for 6 months I did not lose LBM just lost all my definition.
    Damn six months out of the gym, i would be only fat, bone and skin!

But, your previous weight was pretty high. 234@ 12%Bf is damn big
    Ahhh... Not @ 6'5.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I didn't see the height.

If your natural test is too low you might want to consider TRT. But, check first and go from there.

That really sucks though

Thread Information