Thread: pin question

haterade is offline Associate Member

pin question

When i pin my delt it gets a little swollen nothing crazy i assume.. the next day the swelling moves to my arm.. then the next a little lower on my arm and it goes away after a few days.. I would imagine that this is prob no big deal just curious as i am fresh and only have taken a few pins.. Any of you guys experience anythin similar?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Sounds like the oil is not absorbing and gravity is pulling down. Are you injecting deep into the muscle?

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    If it's painful to the touch and red it could indicate an infection, so look out for that. Are you using UGL gear or HG?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    a little unlikely to be infection, since it moves with gravity. could be subQ leakage, like Cape said. if you got it all into the delts, at the most it may flow to the lower limit of the delt insertion, not to your arm...

Quote Originally Posted by SK1Viking View Post
    If it's painful to the touch and red it could indicate an infection, so look out for that. Are you using UGL gear or HG?
    def not infection..

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    a little unlikely to be infection, since it moves with gravity. could be subQ leakage, like Cape said. if you got it all into the delts, at the most it may flow to the lower limit of the delt insertion, not to your arm...
    thanks for the replies.. i would imagine that this is what it was .. prob i guess from rubbing it and making it leak subq .. my last pin yesterday didnt do this at all.. i didnt rub it.. and less pain than the first inj.. i guess the body gets used to this pretty quickly or mine at least..
    Last edited by haterade; 07-24-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade View Post
    def not infection..

Im glad its not. Keep us posted on any negative changes.

juice work is offline Banned
    i find that pinning in the glutes is so much more painless and no bruising and no pain from daily motion. if i pin prop in my arm shit hurts for 5 days and totally not worth it. i have my girl poke my ass cheek at the upper outside and no pain just a small knot/lump until it absorbs
    lol side note
    if you wear pants with elastic or pull tie covering the lump it will split in 2 from the pressure haha

I'm still trying to figure out how to pin the glutes solo. I could just see myself cramping up from trying to look and pin..

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to pin the glutes solo. I could just see myself cramping up from trying to look and pin..
    just curious how you decided to start pinning there first?

I think most focus on the big muscles liike the quad or the glute?

bigger muscles handle pinning better

i just kinda figured it would be easiest and i have heard horror stories about quad pain.. i dont have 1.5" pins so unless i order some i wont be trying glutes.. im not a flexable person in the first place so i just think it would be a pain in the ass to try to pin my glutes. no pun intended.. im really not in any real pain or anything just curious about it a few days ago .. everything has since gone away.. maybe ill try my quad next pin and see how i react.. what do u think tr??

Shoulder was my first.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade
    i just kinda figured it would be easiest and i have heard horror stories about quad pain.. i dont have 1.5" pins so unless i order some i wont be trying glutes.. im not a flexable person in the first place so i just think it would be a pain in the ass to try to pin my glutes. no pun intended.. im really not in any real pain or anything just curious about it a few days ago .. everything has since gone away.. maybe ill try my quad next pin and see how i react.. what do u think tr??
    Sounds like transdermal or subQ injection.

I rarely do glutes myself because I don't have enough flexibility to reach back there (I've had my lats go into spasm once.....no bueno!!!!). My gf pins my glutes and she's getting pretty good.

I usually pin my delts or quads myself. 1 inch for my quads but 1/2 inch is fine for my delts. I've also tried biceps, triceps, and calves but that's some serious pain I'd prefer not to revisit. Thought about my traps but there are a lot of nerve bundles up there and I'm sure that's gonna hurt!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Sounds like transdermal or subQ injection.

I rarely do glutes myself because I don't have enough flexibility to reach back there (I've had my lats go into spasm once.....no bueno!!!!). My gf pins my glutes and she's getting pretty good.

I usually pin my delts or quads myself. 1 inch for my quads but 1/2 inch is fine for my delts. I've also tried biceps, triceps, and calves but that's some serious pain I'd prefer not to revisit. Thought about my traps but there are a lot of nerve bundles up there and I'm sure that's gonna hurt!!!!!
    Going to sound weird. It if you lay chest down flat on the bed it is easier to reach back for glutes. I love pecs and lats. Calf hell no never again.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

Going to sound weird. It if you lay chest down flat on the bed it is easier to reach back for glutes. I love pecs and lats. Calf hell no never again.
    If my girl walks in and sees me chest down naked on the bed reaching around and trying to stick a pin in my arse, I may have some 'splaining to do!

Pecs and lats!?! Cape you are a beast!

asquarecan is offline Associate Member
    Cape,

How was your chest? Painful? I am going to be pinning solo so I am trying to find some easy spots, planning on glutes (if I can reach) or quads.

Thanks
    Keith

Thread Information