Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How I see recreational using of AAS, in chart form!!

thex95 is offline Senior Member

How I see recreational using of AAS, in chart form!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBm chart.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	125049

This is sort of how I see it in chart form. Bottom axes representing weeks, and the blue line representing a persons LBM, the red line indicating genetic max. So over prolonged non usage the LBM returns to the individuals genetic max. Would anyone agree with this chart with regards to AAS usage?

NOTE: THE NUMBERS IN THIS CHART HAVE BEEN CREATED MERELY TO REPRESENT A VISUAL EXAMPLE OF WHAT I BELEIVE TO BE THE RESULT OF STOPPING THE USE OF AAS. THE PURPOSE WAS TO SHOW THE INDIVIDUAL RETURNING TO THEIR GENETIC MAX AFTER PROLONGED NON USE OF AAS
    Last edited by thex95; 07-31-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Where did you get this chart from and where did the data come from that this chart is based upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Where did you get this chart from and where did the data come from that this chart is based upon?
    100% MADE UP

My apologies I should have specified that. I do not in any way want to deceive anyone. These figures were simply created to illustrate what I beleive to be long term effects of not using AAS for a long time. These figures come from research I have ben doing on this forum, stating that when you go off you will eventually return to your genetic max.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's fairly accurate, IMO. But few guys will ever achieve their genetic max naturally, so they could still end up bigger and stronger than before. Strength being the key point here, as the strength gains from AAS can stick around much better than the mass gains (since much of that is CNS-based). AAS use can also cause certain visual changes in the muscle that one may not have been able to achieve naturally (striations, etc).

What is the conclusion you're arriving at?
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 07-31-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    That's fairly accurate, IMO. But few guys will ever achieve their genetic max naturally, so they could still end up bigger and stronger than before. Strength being the key point here, as the strength gains from AAS can stick around much better than the mass gains (since much of that is CNS-based).

the more and more I think about cycling again the more I think its just not for me. I would really love to add some more solid pounds of muscle, but if its just going to go away after a while then whats the point you know? I honestly dont plan on staying on and I would like to avoid TRT so maybe another cycle just isnt in the future for me.

My main conclusion being if you dont plan on staying on, then why start?

Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    the more and more I think about cycling again the more I think its just not for me. I would really love to add some more solid pounds of muscle, but if its just going to go away after a while then whats the point you know? I honestly dont plan on staying on and I would like to avoid TRT so maybe another cycle just isnt in the future for me.

If you don't feel psychologically driven to get bigger and stronger than naturally possible, then you're correct. There is no good point in the long term. If you're satisfied with what you can naturally achieve and maintain, save yourself from a lot of money, headache, and risk.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 07-31-2012 at 09:42 PM.

If you don't feel psychologically driven to get bigger and stronger than naturally possible, then you're correct. There is no good point in the long term. If you're satisfied with what you can naturally achieve and maintain, save yourself from a lot of money, headache, and risk.
    oh I am definetley not satisfied I fricking hate how i look. But ya long term their is not point if you just do a few cycles and stop.

It seems one would have to cycle forever or get on TRT to have success exeeding genetic limits in the long term

thelib is offline New Member
    Once you reach your genetic max, you can't maintain that extra muscle at a low bodyfat. Therefore you have to stay on gear and/or gh.

Test pilot is offline Junior Member
    I just had to reply as I would class myself as a recreational user and I have several friends who probably fit that bill as well. I am not competitive as an athlete, I have used and will continue to use AAS purely for fun and/or to shortcut nature. I don't eat particularly well, besides the fact that I genuinely like meat and vegetables and I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I was probably pushing 30% BF when I did my first cycle - I'm prolly still around 20%, give or take a couple. Just illustrating why I call myself "recreational"
    Anyway, all I wanted to say here is that after each of the 2 cycles I have done (separated by 2 years, the last one about 6 months ago) I have seen positive changes in my body that have remained even after going off cycle, even after losing focus or getting busy with work and home and falling off the wagon at the gym. I am now 30, I still eat like I'm 20, and while my friends are getting softer with age, I keep getting a little bit closer to the build I have wanted since I was 16. One of my best friends has a similar experience. I haven't experienced any acute sides from the gear itself (no gyno, no acne, and I think any hair loss was my imagination). So from my perspective, based on extremely limited experience, recreational use is not without its benefits.
    On the downside: I failed miserably at PCT my first cycle and spent 6 months feeling like a whipped bitch - I almost lost my job because I suddenly wasn't dominant enough to manage my department effectively. My soon-to-be ex almost caught me the last time, that probably would have cost me my kids. They're kind of an expensive hobby for what amounts to masturbation. I also do not claim that they are harmless - make sure you can make an educated decision regarding cost/benefit. In other words, is the juice worth the squeeze?
    for me personally, Imma keep going. There are lots of unhealthy and dangerous things you can do to yourself. Im going with the one that makes me look good and feel good about myself.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thex95

"but if its just going to go away after a while then whats the point you know? "

Is this another way of saying "getting old" lol. Everything is lost in old age, eventually your heart stops beating lol. You can't even keep the hair on your head forever. So I think the answer is less specific than your making it. While your body can maintain it, what build do you want to achieve before your body can no longer hold on to it?

Judah is offline Member

oh I am definetley not satisfied I fricking hate how i look. But ya long term their is not point if you just do a few cycles and stop.

It seems one would have to cycle forever or get on TRT to have success exeeding genetic limits in the long term
    I really really feel your not grasping this fully. There are plenty of reasons to do "a few" cycles and stop. You can use AS and still not reach your max potential and maintain a lot of the gains you achieved from those cycles. Your mind fuc-king your self brother. Cut yourself some slack lol.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Well imo thats also going off getting older also. They made a saying long ago "if you dont use it, you lose it". I mean that chart could be for anything with the body without aas. You dont workout, diet, lift, live well you lose good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah View Post
    I really really feel your not grasping this fully. There are plenty of reasons to do "a few" cycles and stop. You can use AS and still not reach your max potential and maintain a lot of the gains you achieved from those cycles. Your mind fuc-king your self brother. Cut yourself some slack lol.
    Steroids and the accompanying lifestyle of crime aren't for everyone, so I don't see why you're trying to sell him on the idea.

Steroids and the accompanying lifestyle of crime aren't for everyone, so I don't see why you're trying to sell him on the idea.

Edited.
    Last edited by t-dogg; 08-01-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Razor is offline Banned
    I started at 160 and am now 200lbs. My father is 150lbs, I have surpassed my genetic limit and I dont ever see myself shrinking back down to 160 even if I never ran another cycle. Maintaining nutrion and exercise you can keep your gains, even without gear. I dont know about upper limits say above 225, but since that is my goal time will tell. With all the growth I have run its made a permanent change in my structure. And I can maintain 200lbs very easy now, even without eating 5-6 times a day.

Judah is offline Member
    Selling? If I was selling him on the idea, I would have already talked him in to it. Next subject...

If you want to call it "selling" than what I am doing is selling him on the idea that he should be making his decision for the right reasons not the wrong ones. He needs to make a decision based on accurate information. So please don't accuse me of trying talk somebody in to gear, that's a gross error on your part.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    LOL, maybe Judah is his supplier. Repeat customers are key in this economy.
    Brother, I'm going to let that go and assume your just really bad at telling jokes. But I will say this once very politely. Do not ever make that sort of reference about me again. I would also greatly appreciate if you removed or edited that post.

Brother, I'm going to let that go and assume your just really bad at telling jokes. But I will say this once very politely. Do not ever make that sort of reference about me again. I would also greatly appreciate if you removed or edited that post.

It was a joke...

BTW, even tho I edited it, it still shows up since you decided to quote it.

Razor is offline Banned

Don't be so hard on yourself man, train hard eat right, you can overcome anything you set your mind too.

Judah is offline Member
    It was a joke...

BTW, even tho I edited it, it still shows up since you decided to quote it.
    I think your confusing being an inappropriate smart-ass with being funny.

I think your confusing being an inappropriate smart-ass with being funny.

A simple thanks for deleting it will do. Thanks.

Judah is offline Member
    A simple thanks for deleting it will do. Thanks.
    On what planet does it make sense to thank someone for removing a post that clearly never should have been posted? You suggested I'm involved in the illegal sale of AS. I thank people for helping me, you have not helped me in any way.
    Last edited by Judah; 08-01-2012 at 01:19 AM.

On what planet does it make sense to thank someone for removing a post that clearly never should have been posted? You suggested I'm involved in the illegal sale of AS. I thank people for helping me, you have not helped me any way.

1) You ask me to.

2) If you and/or anyone else couldnt tell it was in no way shape or form serious, then I really dont know what to say...

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    Genetic Mass Limitation is the key point to concentrate on. People dont realize that reaching ur GML before cycle is key to retaining the gains made during cycle. Nice post OP.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112 View Post
    Genetic Mass Limitation is the key point to concentrate on. People dont realize that reaching ur GML before cycle is key to retaining the gains made during cycle. Nice post OP.
    I disagree, but would love to hear your opinion. Maybe you can change mine.

noon is offline Senior Member
    The way he is looking at it seems to me that he is simply worried that it will be a waste of time
    I feel that the best way to go bout it is find something that you are comfortable with. give it a solid effort and see what stays with you that's going to be the best way and the only way to know what will work for you
    stay inside your comfort zone at the end of the day its your body. best of luck

"but if its just going to go away after a while then whats the point you know? "

Is this another way of saying "getting old" lol. Everything is lost in old age, eventually your heart stops beating lol. You can't even keep the hair on your head forever. So I think the answer is less specific than your making it. While your body can maintain it, what build do you want to achieve before your body can no longer hold on to it?
    No man I am fully grasping all this, i am just weighing the pros and cons to come to a well thought out conclusion.

Also I feel the point your making is not comparable in terms of logic of what I am talking about. I realize everything is lost in old age, however I am talking about losing gains in a matter of many weeks. Losing everything with old age is a matter of many many years.

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    I'm gonna stop spiking up my hair when I go out, It's just gonna get fu**ed up when I shower anyway - said the wise man, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyg419 View Post
    I'm gonna stop spiking up my hair when I go out, It's just gonna get fu**ed up when I shower anyway - said the wise man, haha
    Lol funny comparison. Too bad you don't risk fines, damaging hpta, and gyno by spiking up your hair so the metaphor sort of falls through

JAB1 is offline Member
    thex95, I think youre right about yourself, you should not do aas. At 20-30% bf you dont even train recreational. You say your friends are getting soft, what do you call 20 plus % bf, lol... Not to be harshe but your clearly not dedicated enough to even think about aas, let alone do it. Hit the nutrition/workout sections and get some info there, that will get you going in the right direction. You say you are not happy with how you look, then change it, you are way off from needing aas to improve. I guarantee you you can genetically hold WAY more muscle than you have. I recomend cutting to atleast 12%bf and then doing a natural clean bulk from there, I tend to take isssue with the generalization of"genetic limit", as I think most people have no idea where that is for themselves, and use that term as an excuse for their subpar habits . Diet/training/rest/supplimentation/ etc can be tweaked changed etc to continue to grow and change well beyond what 99% of peope(yes myself incuded) consider to be there genetic max. In my opinion anything short of being hooked up to monitors for every possible reading and monitoring by the best docs in the world in all said fields for years of research is just a guess as to if your it the elusive genetic max plateau. Good luck man, do some reading here and you should start learning how to move forward and make some real progress, the biggest thing is actaully geting of your ass and doing it, day in and day out

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    thex95, I think youre right about yourself, you should not do aas. At 20-30% bf you dont even train recreational. You say your friends are getting soft, what do you call 20 plus % bf, lol... Not to be harshe but your clearly not dedicated enough to even think about aas, let alone do it. Hit the nutrition/workout sections and get some info there, that will get you going in the right direction. You say you are not happy with how you look, then change it, you are way off from needing aas to improve. I guarantee you you can genetically hold WAY more muscle than you have. I recomend cutting to atleast 12%bf and then doing a natural clean bulk from there, I tend to take isssue with the generalization of"genetic limit", as I think most people have no idea where that is for themselves, and use that term as an excuse for their subpar habits . Diet/training/rest/supplimentation/ etc can be tweaked changed etc to continue to grow and change well beyond what 99% of peope(yes myself incuded) consider to be there genetic max. In my opinion anything short of being hooked up to monitors for every possible reading and monitoring by the best docs in the world in all said fields for years of research is just a guess as to if your it the elusive genetic max plateau. Good luck man, do some reading here and you should start learning how to move forward and make some real progress, the biggest thing is actaully geting of your ass and doing it, day in and day out
    LOL WHAT!?! Where are you getting these stats from man? I am currently hovering around 11-12% bf and working on a lean bulk. Heres my most recent pic take a look for yourself.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...cs)&highlight=

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    LOL WHAT!?! Where are you getting these stats from man? I am currently hovering around 11-12% bf and working on a lean bulk. Heres my most recent pic take a look for yourself.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...cs)&highlight=
    He confused you with Test Pilot!!

Shadowmaker is offline Banned
    steroids are a lifestyle choice... those who make it a part of their life, sooner or later will cycle again...

also, being on roids for many years kinda changes your body so when you get off them, it will never be the way it was - your body adopts to things... dont think that if you are 200lbs natural and gain 250lbs on roids, that you will take a year or two off roids and lose 50lbs during that time - if your diet is good and your training is ok, and if you have been 250lbs for a long time, its not goin anywhere soon... a few lbs here or there - yes, but not all of it...

and also, if we speak about far future and drug use... i think, many guys will want to use at least some test at 50 years of age or later on, just because of health and anti-aging benefits - look at Sly Stallone - the guy is 65...
    everyone should use some test at older age, so you can just stack on some muscle now, and later on - if you want to have some sex drive and strenght to get out of bed, youll be doin roids anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    He confused you with Test Pilot!!
    hahahaha frick!

JAB1 is offline Member
    hahahaha frick!
    My appologies thex95, yeah I definately confused you with testpilot... My bad. Youre pics look great man good work

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    That's fairly accurate, IMO. But few guys will ever achieve their genetic max naturally, so they could still end up bigger and stronger than before. Strength being the key point here, as the strength gains from AAS can stick around much better than the mass gains (since much of that is CNS-based). AAS use can also cause certain visual changes in the muscle that one may not have been able to achieve naturally (striations, etc).

exactly. Most guys think because that Plataead at what they were doing they are at their genetic max. If most realized making changes and gaining a couple lbs a year is still growing. They are not at their max.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Judah is offline Member

No man I am fully grasping all this, i am just weighing the pros and cons to come to a well thought out conclusion.

Also I feel the point your making is not comparable in terms of logic of what I am talking about. I realize everything is lost in old age, however I am talking about losing gains in a matter of many weeks. Losing everything with old age is a matter of many many years.
    Maybe I'm not grasping what your saying lol. Hmmmm. Well let me answer this and see if we can get through this as simple as possible. I think I'm repeating myself here but here we go.

"losing gains in a matter of weeks"

If this is happening to someone after a cycle it's most likely due to incorrect diet and incorrect training, specifically in that order.

Exception:
    - Your at your genetic max prior the the cycle.
    - You have terrible genetics or some kind of auto immune disease or health issues in general.
    - Your doing a cycle that makes you hold a lot of water and even then you can still hold on to some gains on those cycles.

Do you disagree with this or have any question?

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyg419
    Hah lmao, funny shit dude.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmaker
    steroids are a lifestyle choice... those who make it a part of their life, sooner or later will cycle again...

also, being on roids for many years kinda changes your body so when you get off them, it will never be the way it was - your body adopts to things... dont think that if you are 200lbs natural and gain 250lbs on roids, that you will take a year or two off roids and lose 50lbs during that time - if your diet is good and your training is ok, and if you have been 250lbs for a long time, its not goin anywhere soon... a few lbs here or there - yes, but not all of it...

and also, if we speak about far future and drug use... i think, many guys will want to use at least some test at 50 years of age or later on, just because of health and anti-aging benefits - look at Sly Stallone - the guy is 65...
    everyone should use some test at older age, so you can just stack on some muscle now, and later on - if you want to have some sex drive and strenght to get out of bed, youll be doin roids anyway.
    Some very good truths here.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Very interesting, good post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information