BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Post Cycle Crash

So I woke up yesterday and I felt "normal" again for the first time in like 6 weeks. My feeling like a superhuman beast has vanished!! I read about this period and was ready for it but man what a bitch!! I literally had to kick myself in the ass to get to the gym and my workout felt like a waste even though I trained hard for the 45 min.

My question is, when you take stronger compounds like Tren is this crash even worse or is it pretty much the same no matter the compound?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    The higher you go, the farther you fall.

Agree. Going to the gym becomes less interesting post cycle. But you have to do it, else you will lose your gains, and then what would be the ppoint of your cycle?

Atomini is offline Banned
    The higher you go, the farther you can potentially fall.

I think that the majority of it is definitely psychological - just that lack of feeling augmented beyond your normal capabilities. When coming off cycle and even long after PCT is over, training in the gym does become a mundane thing for me. You need to learn to make it interesting and teach yourself that its not all about being 'ON'. I personally have never had a post-cycle crash. The only thing that happens is I just feel a bit dissapointed that my cycle (like all great things) had to come to its scheduled end, and that I know i'd no longer be able to make the vast leaps in progress until my next cycle down the road. I never found the coming-off period any worse between when I use things like test or a cycle that has tren .

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post

I think that the majority of it is definitely psychological - just that lack of feeling augmented beyond your normal capabilities. When coming off cycle and even long after PCT is over, training in the gym does become a mundane thing for me. You need to learn to make it interesting and teach yourself that its not all about being 'ON'. I personally have never had a post-cycle crash. The only thing that happens is I just feel a bit dissapointed that my cycle (like all great things) had to come to its scheduled end, and that I know i'd no longer be able to make the vast leaps in progress until my next cycle down the road. I never found the coming-off period any worse between when I use things like test or a cycle that has tren.
    Agree with the edit.

for me, it is a time of healing, low weight and high reps. While on, i'm more about strength, and off with higher reps and lower weight, since this is the "growth zone" it helps maintian some gains.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    The higher you go, the farther you fall.

Agree. Going to the gym becomes less interesting post cycle. But you have to do it, else you will lose your gains, and then what would be the ppoint of your cycle?
    Yeah I am determined to get in there and work as hard as I can. Getting there is most the battle!!

I think that the majority of it is definitely psychological - just that lack of feeling augmented beyond your normal capabilities. When coming off cycle and even long after PCT is over, training in the gym does become a mundane thing for me. You need to learn to make it interesting and teach yourself that its not all about being 'ON'. I personally have never had a post-cycle crash. The only thing that happens is I just feel a bit dissapointed that my cycle (like all great things) had to come to its scheduled end, and that I know i'd no longer be able to make the vast leaps in progress until my next cycle down the road. I never found the coming-off period any worse between when I use things like test or a cycle that has tren.
    I guess "crash" is the wrong word to use here but it is a total mental issue for me. The feeling was so great, I felt like I was 18 again. I've been in the gym so long that it's more of a job for me, I get in and get it done. I've never had the issue of workouts becoming uninteresting and I think this is because it's just what I do. It's not really fun for me, I'm going in to get results. I'm staying positive and looking for a better week coming up.

Agree with the edit.

for me, it is a time of healing, low weight and high reps. While on, i'm more about strength, and off with higher reps and lower weight, since this is the "growth zone" it helps maintian some gains.
    You switch to low weight and high reps? Only during PCT or when you're off-cycle? And how has that worked out for you in terms of maintaining gains, strength, size, etc.?

I have only ever kept going hard and to failure. Never attempted changing it to high reps with low weight during the post-cycle period.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I have only ever kept going hard and to failure. Never attempted changing it to high reps with low weight during the post-cycle period.

Same here so far, I do add a set or two of higher reps to my workouts.

As far as the OP's question. . . Personally my crash was not bad, the feeling of bad assness of course is a goner. But, straight up my lifts are what kept me going strong. My weight lifting ability never dropped, it actually improved - No BS.

Just last week I hit my all time max on DB press of 90x4(for me it's great) on cycle I got to 85x6 I believe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Same here so far, I do add a set or two of higher reps to my workouts.

As far as the OP's question. . . Personally my crash was not bad, the feeling of bad assness of course is a goner. But, straight up my lifts are what kept me going strong. My weight lifting ability never dropped, it actually improved - No BS.

Just last week I hit my all time max on DB press of 90x4(for me it's great) on cycle I got to 85x6 I believe.
    I see how that could keep you pumped and going but I've always been oddly strong. My dad and my brother both ahave a freaky strength and I got it too. That leaves me with the mental aspect and I loved feeling young and cocky again!!

You switch to low weight and high reps? Only during PCT or when you're off-cycle? And how has that worked out for you in terms of maintaining gains, strength, size, etc.?

I have to mate. Body protests too much, and need time to heal. Last time i was one arm seated curling 80lbs, and heard this crunching noise coming from my right arm in the elbow area. Yes, i warm up, and pyramid up to heavy. But the reality is, i've bbeen lifting longer than you've bbeen around, and my connective tissue starts breaking down if I stay heavy too long.

....sucks getting older!

btw, i don't pct, just trt, and yes, i do lose some gains with this strategy. But this strategy is better than the one i had before, which was the same strategy you have now. Now, I assume I will become injured if I do not slow down and go light for awhile. Last two or three times, rehab took almost 6 months. And we all know there is NO growth during rehab.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 08-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    I see how that could keep you pumped and going but I've always been oddly strong. My dad and my brother both ahave a freaky strength and I got it too. That leaves me with the mental aspect and I loved feeling young and cocky again!!
    Wait 20 years mate and let's see if you still have the same attitude about going balls out 100% of the time.

....my dollar says you'll do a rethink somewhere along the way and adopt a more conservative approach. Assuming you are still lifting, that is.

Blog Entries
    Wait 20 years mate and let's see if you still have the same attitude about going balls out 100% of the time.

....my dollar says you'll do a rethink somewhere along the way and adopt a more conservative approach. Assuming you are still lifting, that is.
    Trust me I'm already there!! My joints are always killing me but when I go in and lift light by the end of the workout I'm back heavy. I can't help it!!

Trust me I'm already there!! My joints are always killing me but when I go in and lift light by the end of the workout I'm back heavy. I can't help it!!
    oh, i totally understand. I'm there, feeling good, feeling strong, so against my better judgement, i add more weight. I usually get away with it. but sometimes i don't. and even if i get caught once a year, that's a HUGE mistake.

Who knows? maybe this TB500 that i'm taking will give me a little more room to maneuver? we'll see....

noon is offline Senior Member
    Finding the mental fortitude to fight thru the days where you feel like shite deal will make all the difference in the end
    Last edited by noon; 08-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Update

Been going hard in the gym!! I caught myself crying during the olympics so I dropped the Clomid dose down to 50mg a day, I'm pretty emotional lately!!

Update

Been going hard in the gym!! I caught myself crying during the olympics so I dropped the Clomid dose down to 50mg a day, I'm pretty emotional lately!!
    Pshht! Drop the clomid completely! You know my stance on that compound.

I aint ever going to cry over the olympics, and i'm damn well going to make sure no compound is going to make me either!

Blog Entries

I aint ever going to cry over the olympics, and i'm damn well going to make sure no compound is going to make me either!
    Yeah I know man but I already bought it so I couldn't just throw it away, I figured I would run it this time!!

And it was during the medal ceremony for that swimmer chick, she was starting to cry and I couldn't help myself!! Actually once I realized what I was doing I started cracking up!!

Yeah I know man but I already bought it so I couldn't just throw it away, I figured I would run it this time!!

And it was during the medal ceremony for that swimmer chick, she was starting to cry and I couldn't help myself!! Actually once I realized what I was doing I started cracking up!!
    Ahahah! Clomid turns you into a woman! Just another reason why I dislike it! Everyone who has ever used it has reported crying in movie theatres during movies and stuff.

I don't need to suddenly find myself fancying soap operas instead of Arnold movies, and crying while eating a box of chocolates while I watch them. And then going upstairs to my room to begin writing love letters and poems afterwards. Screw that.

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Hey Times, what do you use for your joints? My dad is in the same catagory as you and he suffers from his joints his 47 been lifting since he was 16 stopped when he hit 40 due to joint pains, fish oil doesnt help and MSG isnt doing much any ideas,,, sorry for the hijack OP!

JAB1 is offline Member

Dont mean to highjack but this comment got my attention...No Clomid??.. I dont mind crying, lol, I just want best pct, do you have a thread on this, I have read some of you others and like your advice

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    Dont mean to highjack but this comment got my attention...No Clomid??.. I dont mind crying, lol, I just want best pct, do you have a thread on this, I have read some of you others and like your advice
    Please see my posts in this thread: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...prefer-for-pct and this thread: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...d-during-cycle to see my opinions on clomid backed up with research and references.

Thread Information