View Poll Results: What is Your Nolvadex Dosing Strategy?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80mg first day, 40mg/day until symptoms subside, then 20mg/day for rest of cycle.

7 31.82%
  • 40mg first day, 20mg/day until symptoms subside, then 10mg/day for rest of cycle.

10 45.45%
  • It varies, it depends on the type/total quantity of steroids I use. (Please explain below!)

2 9.09%
  • Other (Please explain below!)

3 13.64%
    Ajax is offline Senior Member

Dosing Nolvadex: What's your preferred dosing strategy?

OK, I have seen two different dosing strategies for Nolvadex posted on this board and it's leading a lot of people to get confused as to how to use Nolvadex effectively. Let's get a consensus on this issue!

If you have a strategy that's not listed above, please post it! Also give up some rationale for why you think that's an effective strategy.

PLEASE: only post if you jave used Nolvadex effectively to treat gyno! Don't post something that is just hearsay!

bigtraps is offline Member
    I have only used Nolvadex once.. For puffy sensitive Nips.

I started with 40mg ED until the sesitivity went down. (it took about a week).

Then i used 20mg ED for the remainder of the cycle.. If i were to drop below 20mg ED(which i tryied) the sesitivity would come back.

I know that nolvadex is supposed to hinder gains, but it is better to be safe.IMO

Tedmax195 is offline Member

Re: Dosing Nolvadex: What's your preferred dosing strategy?

Originally posted by Ajax
    OK, I have seen two different dosing strategies for Nolvadex posted on this board and it's leading a lot of people to get confused as to how to use Nolvadex effectively. Let's get a consensus on this issue!

If you have a strategy that's not listed above, please post it! Also give up some rationale for why you think that's an effective strategy.

PLEASE: only post if you jave used Nolvadex effectively to treat gyno! Don't post something that is just hearsay!
    thanks Ajax i wish i would have thought of this way to figure out the dosage for nolvadex.

Bump

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Bump

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ajax,
    i voted for the 40mg on day one and 20mg until symptoms subside....etc,etc. but once i do the 40mg dose and run the 20mg until the symptoms fade, i then quit altogether. i know this isnt proven, at least anywhere i can find, but i believe that nolva DOES hinder my gains. so i get off it asap. when i feel its safe of course. the previous dosing schedule seems to keep symptoms to minimum until the end of my cycle.
    i only had one instance where it didnt, and i simply went back on at 20mg ed until symptoms passed again. not very scientific, but highly effective, at least for me............

peace bb79

Cmon boys! I am complining this information for a FAQ for Newbies at AR. You have to have some opinions on this... I know most of you have used Nolvadex before...

Bump one more time...

Okay my man here ya go bro.

I use Nov in every cycle I do no matter what !!!!!

20-40mg I feel is a reasonable dosage and should not hurt your IGF production.

However when I use HGH in my cycles I tend to use a higher dosage or androgens and NOV due to I do not worry as much about NOV hurting my IGF levels as HGH raises them.

Now the only bad thing I find with Nov is that by blocking the receptors you have all this free-floating estrogen.

So I always recommend arimidex or NOV in conjunction with proviron .

As for front-loading it I do not do that.
    Why?
    I feel that you should not wait until you get sore nipples to do something about it.

I run it from the start at the same dosage all throughout my cycle. Unless I find it is not working then I raise the amount.

I guess I would compare it to if you wait until you are hungry to eat then you should have eaten sooner. Or waiting until you are thirsty before you consume water.

When the body gives off these signals it means it is already deprived of what it needs. Follow me?

I have done enough cycles to know at what levels I will need it and how much to run it.

Anyway Ajax hope I helped am at work so I am typing 90 miles an hour! 1

later..PA
    Last edited by PURE ADRENALINE; 06-07-2002 at 06:36 PM.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    anyone use nolva post cycle to help bring test levels back up??

if so, how?

4plates is offline Banned
    ajax if you changed the title of your thread to "everyone read" or "lookie here" you probably would get some more responces

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by 4plates
    ajax if you changed the title of your thread to "everyone read" or "lookie here" you probably would get some more responces

man he got you there bro........... sad thing is, he's probably right......

peace bb79

Shit I guess he did not like my reply ???

Originally posted by PURE ADRENALINE
    So I always recommend arimidex or NOV in conjunction with proviron .
    Excellent response PA! Thanks a lot.

Did you mean "I always recommend arimidex or Proviron in conjunction with Nolvadex ?" (As in, "take some aromatase inhibitor along with Nolvadex." You said you were typing fast--just trying ot clarify...

I guess I had that coming, didn't I! ROTFLMFAO!

OK, so the consensus I am getting is:

[list=1][*]Agreed: No need to frontload 80mg of Nolvadex--that's just overkill.[*]Not challenged: If you do feel that there is benefit to frontloading Nolvadex to stop gyno fast, 40mg should do the job.[*]Consensus: The normal dosage is 20-40mg a day until symptoms subside. (How would a person chose between 20mg and 40mg? Is the dosage of Nolvadex based upon the total quantity of aromatizable steroids that you were taking--or on the percieved severity of the gyno symptoms you were experiencing--personal experience--or other variable?)[*]Sounds right but not verified: Nolvadex can lower IGF levels which reduces muscle gains. (Do we have some research to back this up? Is that the only reason Nolvadex hinders muscle gains?) [*]No firm consensus: How long to keep taking Nolvadex. Should the dosage that is effective at treating the gyno be taken through the end of the cycle (and does that mean through Clomid--or just until Clomid starts?) OR halve the dosage OR should you try to minimize the amount of Nolvadex you use (dosage & duration); use "just enough" to stop gyno then get off it so you won't hinder gains? NEED MORE INPUT ON THIS POINT![/list=1]

Thanks a lot guys--you always come through for me!

I am trying to get a good answer for a FAQ. I know there is never ONE answer that will please everybody, but if I can hit a decent general-case scenario, then everybody can critique it as they please.

If anybody can confirm that Nolvadex does hinder gains by reducing IGF (or via any other mechanism) that would be a big help... I'll try to research that when I get time.

(Very busy tight on time this weekend, it's my girlfriend's birthday and she demands my Complete Attention and Total Obedience to her every whim for the occasion--so I had to sneak on the computer when she went out shopping just to do this reply!)
    Last edited by Ajax; 06-08-2002 at 08:36 AM.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    so is nolva catabolic to a certain extent?

what about post cycle and increasing test??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajax
    [B]

Excellent response PA! Thanks a lot.

Did you mean "I always recommend arimidex or Proviron in conjunction with Nolvadex ?" (As in, "take some aromatase inhibitor along with Nolvadex." You said you were typing fast--just trying ot clarify...

Yep that is what I meant my man !!!

I need to take my time when posting !!!

Thanks..

bigtraps is offline Member
    I am now 10 days into clomid. I stoped nolva at the start of clomid therapy. I started to get a little sensitive nips between days 5-7, so i took 20mg nolva for a few days.

I also stoped armidex at the start of clomid(only because i ran out).

Now at day 10 my nips feel fine..

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I run 20mgs through the whole cycle.

OG

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I used 20mg Nolv for 2 weeks along with Clen in my cutting diet and it did seem to help harden me up. But, one thing I was never sure about was do you guys think you should taper off Nolv because of the rebound effect? Or just stop it cold?

Peace,
    CC

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    20mgs ed is enough to solve ur problem. It just varies on how long u'll have to take it for. Usually 2 - 4 months will be long enough to do it.

OG

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I have never had any symtoms of gyno, maybe its because i have run nolv and proviron throughout all my cycles.?

alevok Guest
    when I get sore nipples I take a combo of 20mg nolva and 25mg proviron till it is gone(

Thread Information