Broachster14 is offline New Member

4 weeks into cycle.. Blood pressure

Hey everyone, i'm beginning my 4th week of 500mg test e per week for 10 weeks, and I got my blood pressure checked at 146 Systolic and 74 Diastolic. I have never previously had blood pressure issues (neither has my family), and i'm wondering what I can do to help lower it. My diet is super clean, and i'm going to start drinking more water. Will it drop after I finish the cycle? Any suggestions?

A little about me: 6'0 180, lean, age 21.

Thanks in advance

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    You're too young to be cycling. My advice is stop and pct

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Setting yourself up for a bad life do to health risks.

Shop now, and run a pct.

Thanks for the advice. I'm only doing one cycle (i'm sure everyone has heard that a million times, but I have my reasons). I have all my pct ready to go, but i'd like to finish off the cycle. Any advice for the blood pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Broachster14
    Thanks for the advice. I'm only doing one cycle (i'm sure everyone has heard that a million times, but I have my reasons). I have all my pct ready to go, but i'd like to finish off the cycle. Any advice for the blood pressure?
    Only takes one cycle to damage yourself at that age.

Okay, ill think about it. Again, thank you for the advice, regardless if it's not the answer I wanted. I have letro and clomi ready, so if i do stop, what would you recommend? The clomi is 70ml 35mg/ml. The letro is 30ml 2.5mg/ml. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Broachster14
    Okay, ill think about it. Again, thank you for the advice, regardless if it's not the answer I wanted. I have letro and clomi ready, so if i do stop, what would you recommend? The clomi is 70ml 35mg/ml. The letro is 30ml 2.5mg/ml. Thanks again

Check out our stickies for pct. Good reads.

that guy1234 is offline Junior Member
    Since no one has replied to the original question. I had this bookmarked. Here you go Lowering your blood pressure, "naturally" while on cycle...By Body2see [email protected]

Of all the under-discussed topics among atheletes taking AAS, high blood pressure, also known as "HYPERTENSION", is one of the most underrated problems that exists in conjunction with use. As of 2005, almost 1 in 3 adults experiences high blood pressure alone, this without throwing the use of anabolic steroids into the mix... High blood pressure is responsible for strokes, or TIA's (mini-strokes) in average healthy individuals.

Type "A" personalities...(that's us--bodybuilders) are impatient, competitive, driven, aggressive, and more often angrier NATURALLY, let alone on cycle. As a result, this personality type is more prone to hypertension and Heart Disease.

How do I know if I have high blood pressure on cycle?? Most likely your pressure is higher than normal. Most steroids, especially orals are responsible for inducing high blood pressure in individuals. If you are hypersensitive to high BP or have a family history of high BP, then you are already at risk for developing high BP on cycle. Certain steroids pose greater risk for high blood pressure, specifically orals such as dbol , winstrol , anadrol . While injectables such as test are safer, they too can pose risk for high BP.

How do I read my blood pressure, and what do the numbers mean?? The norm for blood pressure is 120/80. The "120" refers to "SYSTOLIC" pressure. This is the actual pressure of your heart beating.

The "80" refers to "DIASTOLIC" pressure. This is the pressure of your heart and valves filling with blood.

Generally any reading of +10 or -10 is accepted as the norm. So this means that if you are testing 110/70 through 130/90...you are considered in the norm, though any spectrum at the 130/90 would put you at risk for "pre-hypertension"...which simply means that your system is regularly pumping out too much pressure. Remember the old saying, "Pressure busts pipes"...this holds true for your body as well....too much pressure for too long a period will only result in damage to your heart, valves and vessels.

How do I reduce my Blood Pressure, I'm on cycle with High Blood Pressure??

Reduce your water weight, reduce your fat weight, especially around the middle (abdomen fat)...you can do this by eating cleaner calories, or dropping water weight with anti-estrogens.

Stress- Eliminate or MANAGE as much stress as you can while on cycle. Stress in the body induces the release of stress hormones into the body...As it is, you are more susceptible to stress, due to lowered patience, and increased aggressiveness that is common while on cycle. Deep breathing techniques, yoga, and meditation are all proven ways to effectively manage stress, there is no reason that these will not work for you as well, when on cycle.

Cardio training- While on gear, you are likely to be able to keep more muscle mass without risking catabolizing natural muscle, when not on gear. Your body is in a positive state of nitrogen, not to mention that more than likely you have higher counts of red blood cells in your system, which are going to allow you to produce more effective and efficient cardiovascular workouts. Throw in some cardiovascular training, a healthy heart produces and helps regulate healthy blood pressure levels.

Reduce or eliminate sodium intake. This is a must for any bodybuilder. If you are on cycle, you already are at risk for EDEMA, or water retention sparked by the kidneys. The last thing you need is additional sodium. It is optimal to cut salt out completely, and replace any minimal consumption with sea salt. <>TO DO THIS< CUT OUT THE FOLLOWING FOODS< ON AND OFF CYCLE<> bouillon, cheese, crackers, cured or processed meats: (bacon, bologna, corned beef, ham, hot dogs, salami,) Ethnic foods: (Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Mexican,) frozen TV dinners, goldfish, pickles, popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, salad dressings, salted nuts, & soy sauce.

Alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes, recreational drugs should be avoided at all costs while on cycle. Not only are you taxing your liver, you are effecting your Blood Pressure significantly if you are using these products while on cycle. If you must use any one of these products, do so in MODERATION.

Natural Supplements to reduce blood pressure -Dandelion Leaf- ( a natural diuretic )-lycopene (found in tomatoes, helps lower cholesterol levels) -INCREASE POTASSIUM (either with potassium pills, or bananas, and other fruits. -Olive Leaf Extract (lowers blood pressure) -Hawthorne Extract (keeps blood vessels elastic and flexible)

Add in garlic and celery naturally, or in supplement form.

Add in OMEGA-3 fatty acids, OLIVE OIL, or CANOLA OIL...

Other Possibilities: N02 products...arginine is claimed to have natural ability in allowing more blood flow through the capillaries, valves, veins, etc..this also would in theory assist in lowering blood pressure.

There are several natural compilations of these HERBAL AND NATURAL ingredients as well as several others OTC in nutrition stores. TWINLAB actually carries a product labeled for lowering blood pressure naturally, this would be a favorable format to lower blood pressure while on cycle.

Prescription Medications: This is a least favorable form of combating high blood pressure while on cycle. Though these medications are designed and work excellent in reducing hypertension, they should be considered at last resort, or only in those individuals with extremely high blood pressure on cycle. This is because such medications drastically reduce blood pressure in 30-45 mins. The steep increase in blood pressure on injection/consumption days, in comparison with the steep decreases in blood pressure when medication is taken is a dangerous game of "see-saw" that one should not play, unless advised to do so by a medical professional. One such successful medication, INDERAL, is a beta-blocker which has shown to be safe and effective in individuals with mild-to-high blood pressure. Certain medications in comparison to herbal controlling of blood pressure can cause dizziness, diarrhea, constipation, impotence (temporary), headache, dangerous drops in blood pressure. Such medications should never be started OR stopped without the use of a medical professional.

Symptoms of high blood pressure: Headache, constipation, numbness/tingling in extremities, shortness of breath, sweating, palpiations,etc....

Long term problems associated with High blood pressure: Strokes, burst vessels, impotence (permanent), numbness and tingling in extremities, migraine disorders, heart disease, heart attack.

CONCLUSION... Since on cycle, the typical athlete is at higher risk for high blood pressure, it is important that he/she take all required steps in order to maintain healthy levels while using AAS. It should be attempted to maintain the high end of the spectrum 130/90 if possible on gear. If your blood pressure is uncontrollable, than you are putting yourself at risk for the aforementioned problems..it is not worth it. Reductions in your dosages, or adjustments of the actual gear, "may" be necessary. Remember, each person responds differently to each product, no two reactions will be the same. Now that you know this, keep an eye on your BP AND cholesterol levels, these are highly important factors that are often disregarded. Train SAFELY and Train SMART. Remember here at MC...you must train the MIND to train the body. Taking care of your health is the first step.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Broachster14 View Post
    Hey everyone, i'm beginning my 4th week of 500mg test e per week for 10 weeks, and I got my blood pressure checked at 146 Systolic and 74 Diastolic. I have never previously had blood pressure issues (neither has my family), and i'm wondering what I can do to help lower it. My diet is super clean, and i'm going to start drinking more water. Will it drop after I finish the cycle? Any suggestions?

A little about me: 6'0 180, lean, age 21.

Thanks in advance
    LOOK! You obviously have your heart set on doing this cycle, unfortunatly your HEART is not digging it. High blood pressure at age 21 because you goton cycle is a sign. Listen to your body. BP is often one of the first indicators that your having negetive reactions to steroids . Please stop before it's too late...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    are you using an ai? Your young messing up your hpta and now you have high blood pressure. And you have a crappy pct with just clomid. letro isnt for pct
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy1234 View Post
    Since no one has replied to the original question. I had this bookmarked. Here you go Lowering your blood pressure, "naturally" while on cycle...By Body2see [email protected]

Of all the under-discussed topics among atheletes taking AAS, high blood pressure, also known as "HYPERTENSION", is one of the most underrated problems that exists in conjunction with use. As of 2005, almost 1 in 3 adults experiences high blood pressure alone, this without throwing the use of anabolic steroids into the mix... High blood pressure is responsible for strokes, or TIA's (mini-strokes) in average healthy individuals.

Type "A" personalities...(that's us--bodybuilders) are impatient, competitive, driven, aggressive, and more often angrier NATURALLY, let alone on cycle. As a result, this personality type is more prone to hypertension and Heart Disease.

How do I know if I have high blood pressure on cycle?? Most likely your pressure is higher than normal. Most steroids, especially orals are responsible for inducing high blood pressure in individuals. If you are hypersensitive to high BP or have a family history of high BP, then you are already at risk for developing high BP on cycle. Certain steroids pose greater risk for high blood pressure, specifically orals such as dbol , winstrol , anadrol . While injectables such as test are safer, they too can pose risk for high BP.

How do I read my blood pressure, and what do the numbers mean?? The norm for blood pressure is 120/80. The "120" refers to "SYSTOLIC" pressure. This is the actual pressure of your heart beating.

The "80" refers to "DIASTOLIC" pressure. This is the pressure of your heart and valves filling with blood.

Generally any reading of +10 or -10 is accepted as the norm. So this means that if you are testing 110/70 through 130/90...you are considered in the norm, though any spectrum at the 130/90 would put you at risk for "pre-hypertension"...which simply means that your system is regularly pumping out too much pressure. Remember the old saying, "Pressure busts pipes"...this holds true for your body as well....too much pressure for too long a period will only result in damage to your heart, valves and vessels.

How do I reduce my Blood Pressure, I'm on cycle with High Blood Pressure??

Reduce your water weight, reduce your fat weight, especially around the middle (abdomen fat)...you can do this by eating cleaner calories, or dropping water weight with anti-estrogens.

Stress- Eliminate or MANAGE as much stress as you can while on cycle. Stress in the body induces the release of stress hormones into the body...As it is, you are more susceptible to stress, due to lowered patience, and increased aggressiveness that is common while on cycle. Deep breathing techniques, yoga, and meditation are all proven ways to effectively manage stress, there is no reason that these will not work for you as well, when on cycle.

Cardio training- While on gear, you are likely to be able to keep more muscle mass without risking catabolizing natural muscle, when not on gear. Your body is in a positive state of nitrogen, not to mention that more than likely you have higher counts of red blood cells in your system, which are going to allow you to produce more effective and efficient cardiovascular workouts. Throw in some cardiovascular training, a healthy heart produces and helps regulate healthy blood pressure levels.

Reduce or eliminate sodium intake. This is a must for any bodybuilder. If you are on cycle, you already are at risk for EDEMA, or water retention sparked by the kidneys. The last thing you need is additional sodium. It is optimal to cut salt out completely, and replace any minimal consumption with sea salt. <>TO DO THIS< CUT OUT THE FOLLOWING FOODS< ON AND OFF CYCLE<> bouillon, cheese, crackers, cured or processed meats: (bacon, bologna, corned beef, ham, hot dogs, salami,) Ethnic foods: (Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Mexican,) frozen TV dinners, goldfish, pickles, popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, salad dressings, salted nuts, & soy sauce.

Alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes, recreational drugs should be avoided at all costs while on cycle. Not only are you taxing your liver, you are effecting your Blood Pressure significantly if you are using these products while on cycle. If you must use any one of these products, do so in MODERATION.

Natural Supplements to reduce blood pressure -Dandelion Leaf- ( a natural diuretic )-lycopene (found in tomatoes, helps lower cholesterol levels) -INCREASE POTASSIUM (either with potassium pills, or bananas, and other fruits. -Olive Leaf Extract (lowers blood pressure) -Hawthorne Extract (keeps blood vessels elastic and flexible)

Add in garlic and celery naturally, or in supplement form.

Add in OMEGA-3 fatty acids, OLIVE OIL, or CANOLA OIL...

Other Possibilities: N02 products...arginine is claimed to have natural ability in allowing more blood flow through the capillaries, valves, veins, etc..this also would in theory assist in lowering blood pressure.

There are several natural compilations of these HERBAL AND NATURAL ingredients as well as several others OTC in nutrition stores. TWINLAB actually carries a product labeled for lowering blood pressure naturally, this would be a favorable format to lower blood pressure while on cycle.

Prescription Medications: This is a least favorable form of combating high blood pressure while on cycle. Though these medications are designed and work excellent in reducing hypertension, they should be considered at last resort, or only in those individuals with extremely high blood pressure on cycle. This is because such medications drastically reduce blood pressure in 30-45 mins. The steep increase in blood pressure on injection/consumption days, in comparison with the steep decreases in blood pressure when medication is taken is a dangerous game of "see-saw" that one should not play, unless advised to do so by a medical professional. One such successful medication, INDERAL, is a beta-blocker which has shown to be safe and effective in individuals with mild-to-high blood pressure. Certain medications in comparison to herbal controlling of blood pressure can cause dizziness, diarrhea, constipation, impotence (temporary), headache, dangerous drops in blood pressure. Such medications should never be started OR stopped without the use of a medical professional.

Symptoms of high blood pressure: Headache, constipation, numbness/tingling in extremities, shortness of breath, sweating, palpiations,etc....

Long term problems associated with High blood pressure: Strokes, burst vessels, impotence (permanent), numbness and tingling in extremities, migraine disorders, heart disease, heart attack.

CONCLUSION... Since on cycle, the typical athlete is at higher risk for high blood pressure, it is important that he/she take all required steps in order to maintain healthy levels while using AAS. It should be attempted to maintain the high end of the spectrum 130/90 if possible on gear. If your blood pressure is uncontrollable, than you are putting yourself at risk for the aforementioned problems..it is not worth it. Reductions in your dosages, or adjustments of the actual gear, "may" be necessary. Remember, each person responds differently to each product, no two reactions will be the same. Now that you know this, keep an eye on your BP AND cholesterol levels, these are highly important factors that are often disregarded. Train SAFELY and Train SMART. Remember here at MC...you must train the MIND to train the body. Taking care of your health is the first step.
    A note about the NO2 product. If you choose that route be sure to choose one WITHOUT stimulants, which is becoming harder and harder to do.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    OP, is the reason for running a cycle because you only weigh 180lbs at 6'0 tall? You seriously need to stop with the steroids , you're 21. You should have no problem getting past 180lbs naturally. You've also got high BP. This is a sign to stop.

As far as your BP goes, try to cut sodium in your diet. Also supplement niacin. It's a vascodilator. And of course a little potassium will help lower your blood pressure.

By the way, if you're using an automated BP monitoring system, it might not be as accurate of a reading as you think:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18755068

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I am agreeing with everyone you should stop. So before I mentionwhat I am going to say, this is intended for educational purposes only. If the kid is using and having serious side like BP, he should stop, end of discussion. For people who have these issues, cialis can help lower BP if taken as directed. It is a vasodilator which allows blood to flow unrestricted and has help me tremendously. I was given this advice from a fellow member. I also take BP meds due to hypertension, and AAS made it uncontrollable even taking my meds. I think you should stop, PCT and research, diet and train only to learn your body in and out. Then when you are ready, post up your proposed cycle and get it critiqued. No reason in prematurely damaging your heart or HPTA at this time. Heart in my opinion is way more important than HPTA supression. Good luck buddy!

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    OP, is the reason for running a cycle because you only weigh 180lbs at 6'0 tall? You seriously need to stop with the steroids , you're 21. You should have no problem getting past 180lbs naturally. You've also got high BP. This is a sign to stop.

As far as your BP goes, try to cut sodium in your diet. Also supplement niacin. It's a vascodilator. And of course a little potassium will help lower your blood pressure.

By the way, if you're using an automated BP monitoring system, it might not be as accurate of a reading as you think:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18755068
    Sorry Honkey,I missed this post. This is a goodidea as well. Didnt thinkof the niacin, but it does help a little bit. Wont help much if the reading is abnormally high,but he is definitely right about the automated monitor. Sodium intake is important too. I just learned something new about potassium, thanks! OP, dont overdo potassium, as it is unsafe on the heart, as studies have suggested, in high doses over long periods. I take it once a day. Good advice Honkey. Wish I would have saw it before I posted.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    are you using an ai? Your young messing up your hpta and now you have high blood pressure. And you have a crappy pct with just clomid. letro isnt for pct
    I think gix is right. Somewhere in the future, you might need a new hpta. But currently, you probably just need to run an ai.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    hawthorn berry extract made a huge difference for me.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Sorry Honkey,I missed this post. This is a goodidea as well. Didnt thinkof the niacin, but it does help a little bit. Wont help much if the reading is abnormally high,but he is definitely right about the automated monitor. Sodium intake is important too. I just learned something new about potassium, thanks! OP, dont overdo potassium, as it is unsafe on the heart, as studies have suggested, in high doses over long periods. I take it once a day. Good advice Honkey. Wish I would have saw it before I posted.
    Yeah, if his BP was like 180/100 I would recommend hitting up a physician. But in the OP's case, he's got 147/74 which isn't THAT terrible and he might be able to put it under control on his own. Simple lifestyle changes might even play a drastic role on it. I don't recommend overdoing the potassium either. I was really throwing it out there as a suggestion he should go research. And yeah Patrick, hawthorn berry is a good idea to look in to as well.

Bottomline is he needs to stay away from the steroids .

Thread Information