Black Pharaoh is offline Junior Member

Anavar while on PCTs

Hey guys,

Quick question. Can I run anavars while I'm on PCTs? I'm running a test p/Tren /stana cycle at the moment. It's due to finish in 6 weeks. So was thinking of running anavar for 6 weeks after this cycle to remain lean. Your thoughts?

Black Pharaoh

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    using an AAS while in PCT kinda defeats the purpose of PCT...

use clen if you want to keep the BF down during PCT...

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post

good luck.
    I hear what you're saying. But anavars don't cause gyno or deplete natural test levels. So I figured they would be safe and not interfer with the effects of the pct's... No??

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post

good luck.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pharaoh View Post
    I hear what you're saying. But anavars don't cause gyno or deplete natural test levels. So I figured they would be safe and not interfer with the effects of the pct's... No??

Anavar and will suppress natty test levels. And running pct, the point is to bring back everything. Now you want to stack var in it to suppress again. Not a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    Anavar and will suppress natty test levels. And running pct, the point is to bring back everything. Now you want to stack var in it to suppress again. Not a smart move.
    Anavars suppress nutty test levels??? You sure bro? You can run Anavars alone. If that was the case, you would have to stack them with a test.

I'm just trying to understand the science behind why you can't run the Anavars with pct's. Because as far as I've researched, there are no contraindications of running both at the same time. In fact, articles recommend using Anavars between cycles to maintain gains. Sort of a bridging cycle. But none of them mention if you would actually start the bridging anavar cycle whilst on pct's. So just a little confused.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pharaoh View Post
    Anavars suppress nutty test levels??? You sure bro? You can run Anavars alone. If that was the case, you would have to stack them with a test.
    yes anavar will suppress test levels. to what percentage varies by person and dosage. Some people cant run var alone. There have been plenty of post of people having issues when running it alone. Thats why i always recommend atleast a trt dose of test
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pharaoh

Im 100% sure.
    Last edited by t-dogg; 09-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Here you go :

This study was just done 3/06. It was done to determine muscle gain/fat loss but it does prove it suppresses SHBG significantly.

University of California-San Francisco, and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of oxandrolone in promoting body weight and body cell mass (BCM) gain in HIV-associated weight loss.

METHODS: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Two hundred sixty-two HIV-infected men with documented 10% to 20% weight loss or body mass index < or =20 kg/m were randomized to placebo or to 20, 40, or 80 mg of oxandrolone daily. After 12 weeks, subjects were allowed to receive open-label oxandrolone at a dose of 20 mg for another 12 weeks.

RESULTS: Body weight increased in all groups, including the group receiving placebo, during the double-blind phase (1.1 +/- 2.7, 1.8 +/- 3.9, 2.8 +/- 3.3, and 2.3 +/- 2.9 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively; all P < 0.014 vs. baseline). BCM increased from baseline in all groups (0.45 +/- 1.7, 0.91 +/- 2.2, 1.5 +/- 2.5, and 1.8 +/- 1.8 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively). At 12 weeks, only the gain in weight at the 40-mg dose of oxandrolone and the gain in BCM at the 40- and 80-mg doses of oxandrolone were greater than those in the placebo group, however. Oxandrolone treatment was associated with significant suppression of sex hormone-binding globulin, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and total and free testosterone levels. Treatment was generally well tolerated but accompanied by significant increases in transaminases and low-density lipoprotein as well as decreases in high-density lipoprotein.

CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone administration is effective in promoting dose-dependent gains in body weight and BCM in HIV-infected men with weight loss.

The bold explains why it is horrible for during pct ...and standalone w/o test as well IMO

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Please explain to me why the steroid profile on this website says otherwise? http://www.steroid.com/Oxandrolone.php

Fourth paragraph down:
    "The third reason which speaks well for an intake of Oxandrolone is that even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. To make this clear: Oxandrolone does not suppress the body's own hormone production. The reason is that it does not have a negative feedback mechanism on the hypothalamohypophysial testicular axis, meaning that during the intake of Oxandrolone, unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids , the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone). This special feature of Oxandrolone can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted into estrogen Oxandrolone (Anavar ), when given to normal men in high doses does not reduce the seminal volume or count, nor can it be converted (aromatized) into estrogen. "

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTathlete View Post
    Please explain to me why the steroid profile on this website says otherwise? http://www.steroid.com/Oxandrolone.php

Fourth paragraph down:
    "The third reason which speaks well for an intake of Oxandrolone is that even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. To make this clear: Oxandrolone does not suppress the body's own hormone production. The reason is that it does not have a negative feedback mechanism on the hypothalamohypophysial testicular axis, meaning that during the intake of Oxandrolone, unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids, the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone). This special feature of Oxandrolone can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted into estrogen Oxandrolone (Anavar), when given to normal men in high doses does not reduce the seminal volume or count, nor can it be converted (aromatized) into estrogen. "
    When anavar first came out this was indeed believed to be the case. We are in the process of updating many of the profiles and stickies etc. As things evolve, more is revealed. We do our best to keep up.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    When anavar first came out this was indeed believed to be the case. We are in the process of updating many of the profiles and stickies etc. As things evolve, more is revealed. We do our best to keep up.
    I see. That's kind of scary...never know if what you read is true or not?

Thanks for all the info guys. at least I've got proven info.

nondescript is offline New Member
    I suppose we just need to read the most current research we can get.

Thread Information