krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Learning indepth about steriods

Hi all, I've searched through the 'Educational Threads' and didn't find anything relating to my question.

Reading through this site provides a lot of information. I've come to learn a few things, certain steroids hit certain receptors etc. I can recite this to people, but I don't really understand it.

So my question: where can I read up on receptors, what they are, how they work, why they become used to certain compounds(Clen ) and need cycling? Which steroids hit which receptors, can you use multiple steroids that hit the same receptor?

It's a biggie I know. Are there certain books I can buy to learn more on this topic?

Many thanks in advance!

Krugerr

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I would believe that is a question for someone like Bonaparte or Atomi they are both sh1t hot on chemistry.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you just want a simple and quick description on the subject, wiki is a good place to start. Search androgen receptors (for roids) and adrenergic receptors (for clen ). If you really want to study this in details, try looking for sports medicine textbooks in the medical library.

Atomini is offline Banned
    What you want is to get textbooks like this:

This is just one of my many university level textbooks that goes deep in depth on molecular and cellular biology. There are also many textbooks you can buy via amazon.com and whatnot that focus solely on the endocrine system. This book, though it goes into great detail, does not focus solely on steroidal activity in the body. But there is a great section on it. Here is an example of one part in the book that discusses receptor sites and the activity of steroids on them, enjoy:

This is the stuff i've got to study and memorize backwards, and this is only one part/chapter out of the whole subject of molecular biology.

Atomini is offline Banned
    I'd also like to note that for a good quality textbook such as this, be prepared to pay a pretty penny for them. Just punch into the search feature on amazon.com something like "endocrinology textbook" or "molecular biology textbook" and you should get all the results you desire. But trust me, if you want 100% pure true great no-bias information to enrich your quest for knowledge, nothing is better than just reading a good educational book, medical literature, or even just medical/clinical studies on the subject. Stay away from 90% of websites, and ESPECIALLY media sources.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Andrology is a good book also, and with some searching I bet u can find a electronic version also.

Atomini is right there are many books out there that can help... It all depends on how in depth u want to go.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank you for the advice guys. I wasn't even exactly sure under what topic it would really come.
    Really appreciate the help, I studied Physics at A-level, but I've never studied Chemistry, so it'll be something different. This year is going to be hard work, I'm studying Electronic Engineering at Uni. Reading/Studying towards my Financial Advisors exams and wanting to learn this

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    See I told you he was one of those think tanks

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    See I told you he was one of those think tanks
    Im bummin i didnt get a mention there.... perhaps i should visit more often

Thread Information