mma001 is offline New Member

Does deca make you infertile?

Ive been hearing from a few experienced users lately that deca can actually make you infertile and that was on of its intended uses when designed, and they have since dropped it from their cycles (they are on the competition circuit) Its seems a bit odd to me, but its one of my favs and im looking to get back on in soon. Does anyone have any information on this at all or is this just a stupid theory? Sorry if this has been covered but i cant seem to find much. Thanks

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    AAS use causes shut down of the natural HPTA regardless of compound. Some compounds are more androgenic such as deca and tren . Infertility can be a side effect of AAS use/abuse along with a lot of others.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    AAS use causes shut down of the natural HPTA regardless of compound. Some compounds are more androgenic such as deca and tren. Infertility can be a side effect of AAS use/abuse along with a lot of others.
    The HPTA inhibition from deca and tren is not due to them being androgenic , but 19-nors.

Sworder is offline Banned
    Exogenous testosterone and Nandrolone has been used as a "male contraception treatment". They don't make you infertile for life if that is what you are implying, they may but it is very rare. The resilience of the sertoli cells(sperm count) after discontinued use seem to be greater than that of the recovery of testosterone levels .

Bonaparte, you are saying that in addition to trenbolone /nandrolone shutting down the HPTA due to AR activity it is the PR activity they exhibit which more directly cause the halt of spermatogenesis?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    Exogenous testosterone and Nandrolone has been used as a "male contraception treatment". They don't make you infertile for life if that is what you are implying, they may but it is very rare. The resilience of the sertoli cells(sperm count) after discontinued use seem to be greater than that of the recovery of testosterone levels .

Bonaparte, you are saying that in addition to trenbolone/nandrolone shutting down the HPTA due to AR activity it is the PR activity they exhibit which more directly cause the halt of spermatogenesis?
    Correct. There are plenty of potent androgens that are mild on the HPTA (halo and mast), but something as mildly androgenic as Nandrolone shuts down the HPTA almost instantly. This is because we normally only have VERY small amounts of natural 19-nortest, so the hypothalamus reacts very strongly (negative feedback) to excess 19-nor levels.
    The same goes for E2, but to a less heightened degree.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-04-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    All anabolic steroids (for the most part) can make you considerably more infertile, as they will reduce/halt sperm production and sperm motility is hampered as well. This, however, takes at LEAST a couple months of use before sperm count is reduced by even 1/2. The longer you are on, the more infertile you will become. When halting AAS use, your body will start to produce sperm again.

By no means should you have unprotected sex thinking that your AAS cycle has effectively made you sterile. Plenty of people have gotten their wives/girlfriends pregnant while on cycle.

mma001 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys. Yes i was asking if it made you infertile for life as had been suggested to me. I didn't think it did. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Information