haterade is offline Associate Member

dr visit question..

went to the dr today and my blood pressure was 150/75 (not exactly sure) but apperantly this is the 3rd time at 150 which is a lil high and she took my blood. she said that she wanted to check my thyroid and electrolytes so my first thought is ok all is good if those are the only thing shes testing for.. i know she would be against aas since she is not to hip on me gaining weight at all.. btw im runnin test e at 500 ew..

do you think i have anything to worry about??

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    AAS can increase red blood cell count among other things which can cause an increase in BP. You need a complete CBC test that measures your RBC and Hematocrit. Odds are they may be high. You probably should donate blood to lower these values. Be careful if they get too high you will not be allowed to donate. Then it'll be a script for therapeutic blood draws. Best of luck man.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    That will show in the RBC and hemacrit, As a HRT guy one of the things we monitor. Watch your salt intake and cardio 3x week will help bring the BP down..

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    are you taking an ai? any obvious bloating? water retention can also cause increase in bp.

but you said this is your third high reading. were the first 2 high readings taken while on cycle too or before? if its before, then you may really have hypertension, unrelated to the cycle.

Sworder is offline Banned
    What is your height/weight/bf%?

FireManDan is offline New Member
    If I'm not mistaken, you can always go to the mobile Blood banks, as along as your iron is right, they should draw your blood. Be cautious with the htn, it can lead to many health problems coronary artery disease, stroke. Pay attention to your body, ie headaches blurred vision etc. you haven't said as to whether your last three b/p over 150 systolic were while on cycle or not...

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    There is nothing wrong OP if you do need to get on BP meds. I have been on them since I was 15. So I have been on them for 15 years. I would rather takethem than risk possible stroke or heart attack. Look at my Avi, I am at about 12% BF, 170ish in that pic at 5'10". I have sever hypertension. If you got to get put on the meds, better to be safe than sorry. I know Sworder is going to beable to help you on this one much more so than me, I am just talking from personal experience. He can use actual studied knowledge. Good luck!

Besides what the guys said above, all on point; the Thyroid when under/over performing can and will increase BP that's why it's being checked.

TSH, T4, T3 will largely be unaffected by aas so it won't give anything really away.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude
    are you taking an ai? any obvious bloating? water retention can also cause increase in bp.

but you said this is your third high reading. were the first 2 high readings taken while on cycle too or before? if its before, then you may really have hypertension, unrelated to the cycle.
    First 2 were b4 cycle.. She didn't say anything until this last visit.. And i am taking an ai,,, no bloat a few pimples but other than that no sides..

Quote Originally Posted by Sworder
    What is your height/weight/bf%?
    5'11" 225 I'm fairly lean at this point prob 15-18%

Thanks for the info gentlemen

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade

First 2 were b4 cycle.. She didn't say anything until this last visit.. And i am taking an ai,,, no bloat a few pimples but other than that no sides..
    The usual definition of hypertension is 3 abnormal readings on separate occasions. Maybe thats why your doc only pointed it out now. But your cycle may complicate things a little. If the bp doesnt go much higher, and if you feel fine, get it checked again after your cycle. But if you dont mind getting on some meds now, that would be even safer.

Thread Information