Brick is offline Member

Training during PCT

question about training, got some help from marcus

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Training - If you have been training intensely during the on period you can help to maintain the new found gains with a slight alteration in the way your training. In some cases further gains have been seen in the recovery part of cycling, this is normally with short cycles and very intense training. If you implement more rest days and make sure your C.N.S gets fully recovered, further gains can be seen. Keep the training sessions down to around 30 mins and incorporate longer rest days in-between. Long workouts lower testosterone to cortisol ratio, so don't go for long workouts no matter how strong or fit you may feel, short and fast will help with recovery without further stress on your system. Still concentrate on the basic heavy movements this and still focus on HIT type of training, also take more attention on the eccentric part of the lift because this causes most of the muscle fibre damage, after warm up do about 2 sets per bodypart and dropset them, which should consist of eccentric reps start with maximum followed by 90% Max, then 80%max, making sure you take a good 5-6 seconds for the eccentric portion of the reps on all dropsets. There are many other ways of training to help recovery but this method does have great benefits by making the workout shorter and the muscle being hit in a different way. Further gains can be achieved if careful planning is done of your training sessions.
    if I am correct that would mean on bench press if my max is 265:
    265x1 240xfailure 210xfailure all a drop set, and do two sets of this?

also would a push pull be a good routine to employ?
    something along the lines of:

Monday: Squat, Standing BB Press
    Tuesday: Deadlift, BB Curl
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Bench, Skull Crusher
    Friday: Rest
    Sat: Repeat Day 1
    Sun: Repeat Day 2
    Monday: etc etc

As you can see I am a bit confused as to how the training should be conducted as per these protocols. Any and all help is much appreciated!!!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Just pull back from the usual way your train but keep the intensity up, bring the sets and reps down and try and put them in 2 working sets and concentrate on the negative. Just dont over do it

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Just pull back from the usual way your train but keep the intensity up, bring the sets and reps down and try and put them in 2 working sets and concentrate on the negative. Just dont over do it
    Thanks Marcus. I was just over thinking it. I'll do a week and then repost

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    Thanks Marcus. I was just over thinking it. I'll do a week and then repost
    Yes we can do that sometimes over think things but all you got to remember is its a time for recovery and maintenace. Keep the intensity up there but just drop back on the sets and try and do 1-2 working sets only, spend less time in the gym but when your in there hit it hard and bring the total working sets down. Its not a time to build but by reducing the work load and compressing it into two working sets your still maintain the tissue but wont over train, all this will aid recovery

best of luck

Firepal is offline Junior Member
    You would train like this threw the hole PCT?

Thread Information