Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    musclekid88 is offline Junior Member

Post Considering doing my first cycle.

hey everyone, I am currently 84kg - 85kg naturally and have gone from 70kg to my currently weight within a year and 8 months naturally. I am now looking at taking anavar and was wondering what would be a good dosage and how long should i run it for? Also would i need to run a pct or would tribulus be enough because i have read that it doesnt shut you down but suppressors you T.
    Also my goal is to increase lean muscle mass/maintain whilist trying to cut body fat.
    I was thinking 50mg a day for 6-8 weeks?
    And maybe incorporating t3?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Anivar can/will also shut down your natural Test production. One would/should use Test when using Anivar as well.

Your concerned about shutting down T production but not concerned about long term affects of thyroid damage caused by T3?????

I am looking for the best and safest approach so what everyone inputs will be taken into consideration thanks. Anavar only cycle can be done and many people have done it and that is what i am looking to do at the point of time. I was either considering clen or t3 but pricing is also an issue.

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    How old are you, friend?

Quote Originally Posted by musclekid88 View Post
    I am looking for the best and safest approach so what everyone inputs will be taken into consideration thanks. Anavar only cycle can be done and many people have done it and that is what i am looking to do at the point of time. I was either considering clen or t3 but pricing is also an issue.
    Yes, Anivar cycles only cycles CAN be done! I simply explained to you that Var by itself still has side affects and that Test should also be used.

What are your stats and goals with your Var only cycle??

Yeah i understand thanks mate, i know it still has side affects but they are alot more minimal compared to other AAS. My goal is to shed mainly body fat whilist keeping y gains. My choice was to either take clen or var or both still deciding.

I am 21
    170 - 177 cm tall
    84-85kg (187.393pounds)
    Bodyfat % not to sure probs around 15% mainly around the lowers abs part.

After mass gaining for so long it is obvious you would gain a proportion of fat and for me this is around the lower abs part which is where i hold it.

I would just give the Clen a go man. I don't recommend Var only cycles to anybody unless you have a vagina...

the thing is i dont want to burn up the muscle mass i have put on through all this hard work thats why i was thinking of running the var at the same time, or even still just taking the var. I am one of those guys that can drop weight relatively fast, espcially if i drop my carbs.

I wouldn't cycle anything at 21, especially Anavar only. If you're fixated on being a step above natural, I'd go with a SARM like S4 or Ostarine or even some peptides.

the thing is i dont want to burn up the muscle mass i have put on through all this hard work thats why i was thinking of running the var at the same time, or even still just taking the var. I am one of those guys that can drop weight relatively fast, espcially if i drop my carbs.
    Your also one of the guys that despite sound advise is going to take unneccessary risks regardless. Good luck in your endevours!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Your also one of the guys that despite sound advise is going to take unneccessary risks regardless. Good luck in your endevours!
    Young, dumb, and full of cum.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Take the experts advice and go with the clen . If you read up on it you would know it has anti catabolic properties. Use it with a suitable diet and you'll be fine.

To get to 10% you shouldn't need any compounds other than diet and cardio.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    And you are one of those guys that when someone seeks advise acts as if he is the best thing to hit gods green earth. Its clearly a discussion forum not whatever you say goes. I would like to here from other people aswell.

Thanks Stem that is more of an answer i was hoping for. I was told by one of the IFBB's who is my mate that it has anti catabolic agents in it but i did want to hear it from other sources not just one person. Maybe a silly question but regardless of what clen it is, could it differ? In terms of anti catabolic?

And you are one of those guys that when someone seeks advise acts as if he is the best thing to hit gods green earth. Its clearly a discussion forum not whatever you say goes. I would like to here from other people aswell.
    Having an attitude like that isn't going to get you anywhere around here. Lunk1 knows exactly what he's talking about, he's probably been weightlifting before you were born. Every other member on this website is going to give you a similar response.

I understand that Shsm i have been on this site for a while but as many dont appreciate it when people speak down on others and try to belittle them just for discussing a topic.
    Anyways back on topic.

I understand that Shsm i have been on this site for a while but as many dont appreciate it when people speak down on others and try to belittle them just for discussing a topic.
    Anyways back on topic.
    He isn't trying to belittle you. He's giving you very solid advice that will undoubtedly help you in the long run. Alright, back on topic.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Not sure I gave any different advice to Lunk.

Clen is clen. Get it from AR-r , top right hand corner!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

As much as i would love to get it from ar-r for less then half the price it is sold here in Australia our customs is extreme! And it will be hard for it to get through.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I will tell you this we have one guy here who has ED problems from a Var only cycle.But if you wish to continue you should run at least 80mgs ed.Pct should be nova and clomid.But remember this you will be shutting your natual test flow down.And there is nothing written in stone that says it will ever be the same.With this being said good luck.

Bouch is offline Member
    Why are you going to try to taking anything at the moment if you can drop weight naturally. At your age, along with the ability to shed weight you'll be fine just with a good diet and cardio. Any time you cut there will be some muscle loss, but if your diet is spot on you'll keep more of your gains that you want. Save the AAS until your body needs that extra boost in a few years.

Bouch is offline Member
    Oh and yes you will need a good PCT. Tribulus may help you, but by itself it is not strong enough to get you back to normal in a relatively short period of time. I hope this helps with your decision.

I made my decision i will not use the Var i thought over the risk previously before posting this thread but just to hear it from others always helps you the little bit more. But i will mostlikly be using clen as that was my original decision. If any Aussie members see this and say that ar-r clen gets through customs i will mostlikly purchase it from there.
    I do also like knowing that i have naturally reached my goal, so mite aswell keep it that way for now and just go with the clen

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    The thing is clen is actually slightly anabolic so you wouldnt burn muscle.
    The anavar only cycle gained popularity years ago You see back the they thought it didnt suppress natural test production , but it does. (see study beloew). Unfortunately it stuck around and people still do it. You really need test of some form to support and promote natural body function. That makes anavar only probably not your best choice.
    If you are looking to lose fat and retain muscle you could cocomplish that via diet (ie ketogenic diet) or if you insist on using something ephedrine or clen would work.
    Oh here is the Var study:

Anavar Effects on HPTA

This study was just done 3/06. It was done to determine muscle gain/fat loss but it does prove it suppresses SHBG significantly.

University of California-San Francisco, and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of oxandrolone in promoting body weight and body cell mass (BCM) gain in HIV-associated weight loss.

METHODS: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Two hundred sixty-two HIV-infected men with documented 10% to 20% weight loss or body mass index < or =20 kg/m were randomized to placebo or to 20, 40, or 80 mg of oxandrolone daily. After 12 weeks, subjects were allowed to receive open-label oxandrolone at a dose of 20 mg for another 12 weeks.

RESULTS: Body weight increased in all groups, including the group receiving placebo, during the double-blind phase (1.1 +/- 2.7, 1.8 +/- 3.9, 2.8 +/- 3.3, and 2.3 +/- 2.9 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively; all P < 0.014 vs. baseline). BCM increased from baseline in all groups (0.45 +/- 1.7, 0.91 +/- 2.2, 1.5 +/- 2.5, and 1.8 +/- 1.8 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively). At 12 weeks, only the gain in weight at the 40-mg dose of oxandrolone and the gain in BCM at the 40- and 80-mg doses of oxandrolone were greater than those in the placebo group, however. Oxandrolone treatment was associated with significant suppression of sex hormone-binding globulin, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and total and free testosterone levels. Treatment was generally well tolerated but accompanied by significant increases in transaminases and low-density lipoprotein as well as decreases in high-density lipoprotein.

CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone administration is effective in promoting dose-dependent gains in body weight and BCM in HIV-infected men with weight loss.

Anyways back on topic.
    I had to go back and look and I still don't see where I was "belittled" you, was it when I said you are willing to take unnecessary risks? Cinsidering Var only as a steroid cycle at your age with (most likely) and undeveloped edocrine system to reach a goal tht you can no doubt reach naturally IS by all defintion, an unnecessary risk!

I suggested Clen for the same reason as Stem and to add that it is also belived to be slightly anabolic . Isuggested this because I think it is a safer option for you than Var or T3 as one could cause permenant damage to your HPTA and the other could cause serious damage to your Thyroid, both of these are "unnecessary risks" when a little time over in nutrition with Stem and the boys, some time in the workout forum and a little clen (although truth be told I don't think it's "necessary" either) would no doubt assist you in reaching your goals with far fewer risks to your health!

I hope that doesn't offend your sensative nature and make you feel talked down too. If so than all apologies to you my friend and again...good luck!

Thanks guys i am more then likely going to use the clen but in regards to my diet i am yet to critique it terms of cutting. I spoke with a well respected trainer at my gym Derrimut in Vic who won some of the major titles in bodybuilding in 2010 and has 3 degrees in nutrition etc and we spoke about developing a keto diet for myself, only thing is $80 a week to manage and critique it along your journey. Everything is to pricey in Aust!

And know hard feelings Lunk1 and thanks for the advise jimmyinkedup.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys i am more then likely going to use the clen but in regards to my diet i am yet to critique it terms of cutting. I spoke with a well respected trainer at my gym Derrimut in Vic who won some of the major titles in bodybuilding in 2010 and has 3 degrees in nutrition etc and we spoke about developing a keto diet for myself, only thing is $80 a week to manage and critique it along your journey. Everything is to pricey in Aust!

NP. Hey you should post up that diet in the nutrition section. i know you are working with a top notch guy but the more advice and input the better . There are some great guys over there that will def help you out. Id go as far as to say you have a dozen or dozens of top nothc guys and they will help you here for free ! Check it out ! Nutrition Resource Forum

Nop..no hard feelings...wish you great success!

I am not knocking your expert but I am pretty confident that you can get all of the diet info you want by creating and updating a thread and it won't cost $80 a week. It's free!

One of the best parts about this forum is the nutrtion section...I will be posting my daily intake their later today as well.

Give it a shot...you stand nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    NP. Hey you should post up that diet in the nutrition section. i know you are working with a top notch guy but the more advice and input the better . There are some great guys over there that will def help you out. Id go as far as to say you have a dozen or dozens of top nothc guys and they will help you here for free ! Check it out ! Nutrition Resource Forum
    Your fingers are faster than mine J. do you do specific exercises to help with that?

I still have to decide weather to go ahead with my guy cause I'm still a Uni student $80 a week is a fair amount plus his fairly busy ATM he just had 11 competitors in the VIC IFBB. Also with exams of the next two weeks it's a bit harder. But once I organize my diet I will be sure to post it in the diet section and will let everyone have a pick at it. Thanks guys appreciate it.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I recommend doing a lot of reading. There is a lot to learn and the risks could be higher when younger. Definitely read the stickies and learn about beginner cycles.

The basics are: use only one compound (Test only) so you have fewer variables, long esters in case you can't handle daily injections, use an AI throughout to keep estrogen low, use HCG if you can get it and always have post cycle therapy on hand before starting anything.

If anything above (esters, AI, HCG, PCT) doesn't make sense check the stickies (they are the ones at the top of each forum that say "important:".

Once you learn the basics it is easier to get help with specifics.

Edit: a lot of action while I had my window above open. If you do decide to go with Clen only it will be much safer.

Thanks for the feed back mate. I will end up going for the clen because it is alot safer then the Var at this stage, and will hopefully get a diet incorporated prior to using it. Can't wait to see what happens!

Clen is great. Take Keto (2mg at night - it makes you sleepy) as well and you can run it longer than 2 weeks. Start low and don't go over 120mcg. Take Taurine to combat cramps (up to 3G a day). Drink lots of water.

Don't know where to get keto from so i mite have to figure out something else any suggestions? Remember im in Aust cant really import stuff.

Don't know where to get keto from so i mite have to figure out something else any suggestions? Remember im in Aust cant really import stuff.
    Benydrol...helps sleep and helps the receptors regulate. I agree with everything JV said...work your way up. Clen is a strong stimulant (for me it was) shook like a damn leaf for hours

haha yeah i will deffinately work it up, and cycle it for two weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on. The amount i will be getting is 2000mcg within 10ml so i will have to work out that dosage some how....any help would be great.

haha yeah i will deffinately work it up, and cycle it for two weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on. The amount i will be getting is 2000mg within 10ml so i will have to work out that dosage some how....any help would be great.
    I am guessing its mcg not mg??? You will need an oral syringe! I will (if nobody has by then) find you a solid chart to dose clen with!

yeah i corrected my post, haha you just be met to it. I have an oral syringe looks like the photo. But it has four smaller lines in between each half ml
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t_2040.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	127843

yeah i corrected my post, haha you just be met to it. I have an oral syringe looks like the photo. But it has four smaller lines in between each half ml
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t_2040.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	127843
    You can google mcg to mg conversions and find the info or as I said I can post it tomorrow. I havenot used mine in a while so I don't recall from memory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information