Doc: " blood test may not pick up synthetic testosterone"

So I went to see my doc this morning to get my test and e2 levels checked (currently on test and tren cycle and had some ED issues the other night). He was saying the way they do the tests now its possible that it wouldnt pick up exogenous test if the molecule is different enough. But I though synthetic test is identical to endogenous test. Could it be possible he was thinking of testosterone derivatives (other steroids )? I asked this and he said no. Thoughts?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    My blood work clearly reflects my test levels, being HRT it all comes from a bottle.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    as advanced as our testing has become, and he says that a simple "synthetic" test won't be picked up?

seems highly unlikely

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    btw... isn't ANY testosterone "synthetic" since it is not derived naturally from the pituatary or the testes???????

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Maybe he is getting his wires crossed a little bit and means that non-Test drugs (Tren , Deca , etc.) won't be picked up?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Maybe he is getting his wires crossed a little bit and means that non-Test drugs (Tren, Deca, etc.) won't be picked up?
    That's what I thought. He said no and it depends on how they do the test.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It may not pick up the test still attached to an ester, but the free test is identical to natural test. This follows the chemical law of constant composition.

Edit: I haven't slept much lately, and just realized the mistake I made there. Blood tests never pick up test with an ester still attached, sincere it is a different compound altogether and most of it is not even in your bloodstream (for the time being). However, once the ester is cleaved it is exactly the same thing as natural test, and will read normally for both total and free test.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It may not pick up the test still attached to an ester, but the free test is identical to natural test. This follows the chemical law of constant composition.
    Precisely. There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between a synthetic testosterone molecule (ester not attached) and testosterone created by the leydig cells of the testes.

Shovelhead, what your doctor is referring to is a simple blood test for testosterone you get at the doctor. We are NOT talking about an IOC Olympic drug testing panel whereby they check for metabolites of different anabolic steroids , and so on and so forth. Blood tests from the doctor does not do this - drug testing for AAS use and simple bloodwork from the doctor are two different types of tests. If you take 500mg/week of synthetic Testosterone, all they will see on bloodwork readouts at the doctor is an EXTREMELY HIGH level of testosterone in your bloodstream. They cannot determine if this testosterone is synthetic or not.

HOWEVER, an IOC Oympic drug testing panel will check for your epitestosterone:testosterone ratio, in which case you are screwed because they will know that you would have to have been administering exogenous supraphysiological levels of testosterone to achieve epitestosterone:testosterone ratios like that. Essentially, this test doesn't determine if the testosterone is synthetic or not either, but one can put 2 and 2 together and determine that your body DOES NOT produce 3,0000ng/dl of testosterone on a daily basis...

Question answered.

Also, just want to add that any other anabolic steroid that is NOT testosterone (Trenbolone , Nandrolone , Methandrostenolone , etc. etc. etc.) will not show up on a blood test scheduled by your doctor's office. It all depends on what exactly they are looking for, and we all know that a hormone panel from your doctor's office is NOT looking for Nandrolone or Boldenone , or any other analogues of Testosterone. They're looking for TESTOSTERONE. Once again, this goes back to the statement I made about your doctor's blood test being a completely different thing than an IOC Olympic / sports drug testing panel where they are SPECIFICALLY looking for all known anabolic steroid analogues. And I say known analogues, because this is how athletes in the past have gotten around IOC drug testing many times in the past: by using designer anabolic steroids that nobody has ever heard of (or rather, not yet heard of) or the use of a newly created compound.

You see, urine tests and blood tests that look for anabolic steroids are not what most people think. Most people think they do a blood test and some ominous machine just automatically 'knows' and 'notices' every single anabolic steroid. WRONG. In order to catch someone using something, you must know what you are looking for first. This is why in all testing procedures, it is the metabolites of whatever given anabolic steroid that is looked for in the person's urine or blood. If an athlete is using an anabolic steroid that is yet to be discovered or known about, and he keeps it a secret, he will get away with it. The whole issue of catching athletes that use performance enhancing substances (anabolic steroids or otherwise) is just a giant came of cat-and-mouse. End of story.
    Last edited by Atomini; 10-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Phased is offline Banned
    Atomini=exellence.

Blood test results for testosterone are in...
    30.2 nmol/l or 870 ng/dl. This was running prop at 175 eod or 612/w. It's been 2 weeks so far.

Ignore.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-16-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Your test is like 80% underdosed.

I was just going to say.... 870 ng/dl? On 175mg EOD of Test Prop? Your stuff has to be extremely underdosed...

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    or you are injecting oil and your natty test is just on the high side lol. what brand are you using

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    or you are injecting oil and your natty test is just on the high side lol. what brand are you using
    He's also been pinning tren A from a trusted source.

The test could be underdosed, it was questionable from the get go. Could the tren A be affecting my levels at all? Could it be that it still needs to build up in my system (it's been two weeks)? I'm not overly concerned as I am running tren and it is possible to only run a trt dose of test and just let the tren work but still it'd be nice if it was higher.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Not possible, running tren and tbol from a trusted source as Bonaparte said. Also I'm up 8 lbs in two weeks (probably a lot of water) so I know something is definately working.

Thread Information