flanny is offline New Member

Considering anavar...

Hey guys Im really looking at using anavar over the next couple of weeks but I don't wanna do it if its gonna screw me up. I'm looking to gain around 10kgs over time but not in a bang. My other concern is that iv taken dbol before and it just blew me up and then wasted away. I would really like to try and keep as much of my gains possible. I'm up for any suggestions but I don't want to harm my body to badly which is why I'm considering var. I'm looking at a dosage of 50mg/day for about 5 weeks if that's right. I just want hard lean mass.

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Age?
    Height?
    Weight?
    Body fat %?
    Training experience?
    Full cycle experience?

I'm 26, 185cm, 90kgs, +-12% body fat and iv been training on and off for the past 10 years.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most of the weight loss following dbol is a combination of losing water weight and lacking a nutrition plan to sustain gains. You will encounter a similar problem with Anavar if your nutrition isn't up to par. True, var is a drier compound but gains and losses are determined in a large part by your nutrition.

I'm not a fan of an Anavar only cycle. It is suppressive so I don't understand why you wouldn't use a test-base to provide a needed testosterone surge. What AI did you use on your dbol cycle last time? Will you be using the same one? How about your PCT from before? Same plan this time around?

Can you lay out the full var cycle you are considering please?

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would run Test at 500mgs for 12wks and anavar at 60mgs for 6wks. You will have great results if your diet is in check.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    I would run Test at 500mgs for 12wks and anavar at 60mgs for 6wks. You will have great results if your diet is in check.
    Absolutley!!!

I was actually stupid wen I took my dbol because i didn't do any pct. I'm a rookie to all of this and that's why I'm all up for suggestions but obviously realistic ones. I just want to gain clean mass by not gaining to fast and to be able to maintain my gains

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flanny View Post
    I was actually stupid wen I took my dbol because i didn't do any pct. I'm a rookie to all of this and that's why I'm all up for suggestions but obviously realistic ones. I just want to gain clean mass by not gaining to fast and to be able to maintain my gains
    We all make mistakes. That is in the past and what matters is the present. When was the last time you got your blood work done bro?

Quote Originally Posted by flanny
    The test cycle recommended by tdogg is the way to go. Adding the 60mg daily of var will keep gains lean but you really need to build all this around a solid nutrition plan as your BASE or you are wasting your time.

Use this forum and its members as a utility to LEARN. Sticking a bunch of compounds in your body because someone told you to is dumb and reckless. You need to know what works, how it works, and why the cycles are planned the way they are. If you're serious about building muscle then seriously take the time to LEARN about doing all of this correctly. It will serve you and your health best in the long run.

Good luck,

MI

I haven't had any blood work done to be honest...

Thanks so much MI. ill keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by flanny
    I haven't had any blood work done to be honest...

Thanks so much MI. ill keep that in mind.
    You are very welcome! That's what this forum is for.

Wishing you health and success. Be sure to post your updates!

manveer1 is offline Associate Member
    If he has test with it it will be harder for him to recover than if he did anavar only. Am I right?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer1 View Post
    If he has test with it it will be harder for him to recover than if he did anavar only. Am I right?
    No shut down is shut down.Now if you run a 19Nor it is harder to recover.

manveer1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    No shut down is shut down.Now if you run a 19Nor it is harder to recover.
    Surely he will be more superseded doing a full test cycle along with it, rather than just anavar ?

Quote Originally Posted by manveer1 View Post
    Surely he will be more superseded doing a full test cycle along with it, rather than just anavar?

depends on the person and the amount of anavar used.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    depends on the person and the amount of anavar used.
    In the context we are talking about 500mg of test is WAY more supressive than just a simple Var cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    In the context we are talking about 500mg of test is WAY more supressive than just a simple Var cycle.

Ok and?

Can you run anavar by its self, sure. Is it smart, no. Ill make better gains with test/anavar then with just anavar anytime.

And again you CAN BE shut down from anavar only, just depends on the dose, genetics of the person.

So what exactly are we saying here guys... Do I take var with test or what? Keep in mind that Im not looking for MASSIVE gains and I'd like to keep as much as possible..

dren is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flanny View Post
    So what exactly are we saying here guys... Do I take var with test or what? Keep in mind that Im not looking for MASSIVE gains and I'd like to keep as much as possible..
    they are saying what ever AAS your using that your natural testosterone will be shutdown so this is why you use a baseline AAS like Synthetic Testosterone "cyp, enth, prop ect ect" thus its easier to recover your natural testosterone after

on top of this you add your anavar .

Phased is offline Banned
    Read this to end all questions, best thread we have on Anavar

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...T#.UH5OUml24sl

Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    Read this to end all questions, best thread we have on Anavar

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...T#.UH5OUml24sl

This is a great, great read Phased. Actually I feel it should of been a stickie along time ago.

Squats33 is offline Associate Member
    It just seems like you ask one person about Var, and they say you can take it alone and use PCT. Another person will say always use test as a base. Seems like with Var from what I have read the past week is that you can take it alone but if you dont want to lose your libido and lose your "manliness" then use test as a base as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    The test cycle recommended by tdogg is the way to go. Adding the 60mg daily of var will keep gains lean but you really need to build all this around a solid nutrition plan as your BASE or you are wasting your time.

Use this forum and its members as a utility to LEARN. Sticking a bunch of compounds in your body because someone told you to is dumb and reckless. You need to know what works, how it works, and why the cycles are planned the way they are. If you're serious about building muscle then seriously take the time to LEARN about doing all of this correctly. It will serve you and your health best in the long run.

Good luck,

MI
    good post and well said bro...

Thread Information