GymRat96744 is offline Associate Member

HCG and cycle results?

So I have read many threads about using HCG on cycle. I am going to use HCG throughout my next cycle. I had to postpone my cycle a few weeks if anyone thought that I had started as I stated in my previous posts. My dosage will be 250iu twice a week. My question is if running HCG while on cycle will effect gains in a negative way? Will it hinder gains? Will gains be less than if I wasn't taking HCG? I have heard that it will effect the gains in a negative way. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GymRat96744
    So I have read many threads about using HCG on cycle. I am going to use HCG throughout my next cycle. I had to postpone my cycle a few weeks if anyone thought that I had started as I stated in my previous posts. My dosage will be 250iu twice a week. My question is if running HCG while on cycle will effect gains in a negative way? Will it hinder gains? Will gains be less than if I wasn't taking HCG? I have heard that it will effect the gains in a negative way. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
    All it is going to do is help you its a great product.
    Who told you it affects gains in a negative way?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It will not hinder gains. It can actually increase your Test levels.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Original author: Swifto.

HCG - How important is it?

When our HPTA's are "shutdown" we have to distinguish between short-term inhibition and long-term dysfunction.

Short-term inhibition of testosterone production comes primarily from negative feedback at the pituitary and hypothalamus, which reduces LH output. This could be described as a reduction in the signal to produce testosterone. This LH suppression recovers quickly.

However, with time, it leads to testicular dysfunction. Without LH from the pituitary, the testes atrophy from disuse. This testicular dysfunction could be described as a reduction in the responsiveness to a signal to produce testosterone.

The hypothalamus and pituitary seem to recover fairly quickly following the use of androgens. GnRH, LH and FSH rise fairly quickly post cycle , but endogenous testosterone levels don’t. As confirmed by William Llewellyn. It shows that LH levels rise fairly quickly (on the 3rd week) after Testosterone Enanthate injections of 250mg weekly for 21 weeks. So it seems the hypothalamus and pituitaries are not the problem in restarting endogenous testosterone production post cycle.

After recent correspondence with Dr.Crisler (Swale) he confirmed gonadotropin levels were not to blame in restarting the HPTA. So what is?

If LH levels rise post cycle (the majority of the time) the reason why endogenous testosterone levels DONT rise, is the testes. Or testicular dysfunction. Testicular dysfunction is when the testes become atrophied from disuse or desensitized to gonadotropin, such as LH. This could also be described as being the onset of primary hypogonadism.

Primary hypogonadism is when the testes no longer respond to LH. The testes have a lowered sperm concentration/production and endogenous testosterone level, although LH and FSH are above normal levels. This can be due to disease (Klinefelter's syndrome), over use of anabolic steroids . The simple answer to primary hypogonadism is HRT.

So if the testes (testicular dysfunction) are the main culprit in restoring testosterone production post cycle how can we maintain testicular function and endogenous testosterone production even when "shutdown" using androgens? Simple - HCG .

HCG has the ability to maintain endogenous testosterone production and ITT (Intra-Testicular Testosterone) by stimulating the testes (directly) even when shutdown from androgens, such as Testosterone Enanthate .

HCG is VERY important in cycles IMHO. It prevents the main reason the HPTA doesn’t recover immediately post cycle - testicular dysfunction. It should be a staple of EVERY cycle causing shutdown IMHO.

”I suggest HCG be used at 125-250ius 2-3 times weekly with an AI throughout the cycle lasting 6-12 weeks. This will maintain testicular size and function and prevent testicular dysfunction. It should also be noted that administering over "500ius will cause an increase in estrogen and progesterone, further hindering recovery” - Dr.Crisler.

GymRat96744 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I read swiftos write up. That's what made me decide to use the HCG this cycle. I just wanted to see of there was any truth to the "gym talk" advice that told me that gains would be less on HCG. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys.

Thread Information