Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member

Consequences of running another cycle right after PCT.

HRT comes to mind, possible sterility? Any other facts or opinions?

Phased is offline Banned
    The two you mentioned would be enough for me. Just because you pct does not mean your night back to square one before your cycle. Time is needed between. A lot of guys run gh between cycles to bridge because it does not mess with your HTPA and can help restore your body quicker than without. I would strongly advise waiting 6-8 months before another cycle is planned.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Wat he said^^ Have you thought about blasting n cruising? Ronnie has a good article about it.But you will end up on HRT.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I have read ronnies article about blasting and cruising, a few times. Although I found it very INFORMATIVE I suggest this information for a habitual serious user only! not for a newbie trying out a cycle. This process is for advanced use of AAS< and would not recommend it IMO for unless you possibly are going to stay on AAS for LIFE.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Have you started a family? Do you want children ?
    At 31 I wouldnt consider it at this time. It will effect every aspect of your life for the rest of your life

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Wat he said^^ Have you thought about blasting n cruising? Ronnie has a good article about it.But you will end up on HRT.
    Blasting and cruising is something that imo should not even be considered by anyone who is NOT already a trt patient...cause you very likely could be afterword

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Blasting and cruising is something that imo should not even be considered by anyone who is NOT already a trt patient...cause you very likely could be afterword
    Very Ture!!

What happened to your avi Lunk????

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Very Ture!!

What happened to your avi Lunk????
    I'm cutting now using 750mg Tren and Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from DQ EOD. Great cutting stack This is a pic of my Blizzard lol

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    Thanks guys, Came home from work last night and was seriously thinkin about running another one. I do want children so i guess i'll hold off on the cycle for their sake. N mine as well. I

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112 View Post
    Thanks guys, Came home from work last night and was seriously thinkin about running another one. I do want children so i guess i'll hold off on the cycle for their sake. N mine as well. I
    Good decision

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Why? Just wait and cycle every whenever. I guess I do understand why, but the positives don't outweigh the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112 View Post
    Great decision. Remember the rule time on+PCT=time off. Even then BW between cycles is best! At 39 I am going to avoid TRT as long as I can...

Bouch is offline Member
    Thanks for this thread. I would have ran a second cycle way too soon after I finished the current one I am on. I was already planning the next one out. At least the next cycle can come right at summer so I'll be happy with that. So if this cycle is 10 weeks long and it will end Dec 5th with PCT starting Dec 19th ending Jan 16th. Would 5 months off (June) be too short to start a second cycle. Current cycle+PCT=4 months total

The only way of TRUELLY knowing is BW before running again.

Anabolick is offline Junior Member
    Sterility is rare...especially at that level of "abuse".

Bouch is offline Member
    Is there Specific type of BW needed or do you just go into a lab and say "i would like to have my blood work done" I have never done this before

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yes that was the best decision you could make.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouch View Post
    Is there Specific type of BW needed or do you just go into a lab and say "i would like to have my blood work done" I have never done this before
    No.

You need to tell them exactly what you want checked and looked for. Even if you tell them "I want a full hormone panel", they still won't know exactly what you want. They might think all you want are TSH levels checked for all they know. You need to list every single thing you want to monitor.

Bouch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    No.

You need to tell them exactly what you want checked and looked for. Even if you tell them "I want a full hormone panel", they still won't know exactly what you want. They might think all you want are TSH levels checked for all they know. You need to list every single thing you want to monitor.
    Can you please post a list of what would be the best to monitor?

JohnnyTribal is offline Associate Member
    Wow great info I'd like to get a hold of that list as well my father is a doctor an could help me out

Bouch is offline Member
    what are your thought on taking clen after a cycle+pct. Can that be done safely?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouch View Post
    Can you please post a list of what would be the best to monitor?
    Doesn't look like anyone posted a response yet. Here is a list that I would recommend:

CBC
    CMP
    Lipid panel
    Testosterone (Free, bound, & unbound)
    Estradiol/E2 sensitive assay
    Thyroid function
    Adrenal function (serum cortisol test)
    Serum PSA test

CBC and CMP are pretty standard and provide the following information

Typical CBC tests include:
    White Blood cell count (total number of white blood cells)
    White blood cell differential (counts the number of various types of white blood cells present: neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils)
    Red blood cell (RBC) count (number of red blood cells present)
    Hemoglobin (amount of oxygen-carrying protein present).
    Hematocrit (measures percentage of blood that consists of red blood cells)
    Mean corpuscular volume (MCV - measures average size of RBCs)
    Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH - the average amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin inside RBCs)
    Red cell distribution width (RDW - provides measure of variation in size of RBCs)
    Reticulocyte count (measures absolute/percentage of young red blood cells)
    Platelet count (number of platelets in sample of blood)
    Mean platelet volume (MPV - average size of platelets)
    Platelet distribution width (PDW - measures the variation of platelet size)

CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel). This assay is useful for diagnosing conditions such as diabetes, or liver or kidney disease. Most common tests included are:
    Glucose
    Calcium (Changes may indicate hormonal imbalances or problems with kidneys, bones, or pancreas)
    Albumin (Main protein manufactured by liver. Low levels may indicate liver or kidney disease or nutritional deficiencies)
    Electrolytes (sodium, potassium, CO2, chloride. Abnormal levels may dehydration, heart disease, or kidney dysfunction)
    Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine (Increases may indicate impaired kidney function)
    Liver function tests (LFTs - Alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine amino transferase (ALT), aspartate amino transferase (AST), and bilirubin; High readings indicate possible liver dysfunction. Levels greater than 4x ULN are very serious).

Lipid Panel. This usually requires a FASTED sample (i.e. no eating at least 12 hours before the test, preferably 24). Lipid panels measure: Total Cholesterol; Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL - "bad cholesterol); High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL - "good" cholesterol); Triglycerides.

Thyroid Tests
    TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone (produced by pituitary)
    T4 - thyroxine (produced by thyroid; regulates TSH)
    Free T4 - (free T4 fraction is most important to determine thyroid function)
    T3 - triiodothyronine (predictive for hyperthyroidism)

Cortisol Test. Measures amount of (serum) cortisol in blood to provide a measure of adrenal function.

Serum PSA test. PSA is a glycoprotein produced by the prostate. It is commonly elevated during and shortly following use of anabolic agents and is also a marker for diagnosing disorders of the prostate (prostatitis, BPH, prostate cancer). PSA levels are also elevated for 48 hours following ejaculation so if you are having a serum PSA performed, it is best to avoid any sexual acitivity 48-72 hours before this test.

Many of the hormonal assays are NOT standard tests like the CBC and CMP and you may have to request them. Your doctor may ask why you feel these are all needed so be prepared to provide an explanation (preferably one that does NOT involve disclosure of your anabolic usage!!!!).

Bouch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Doesn't look like anyone posted a response yet. Here is a list that I would recommend:

CBC
    CMP
    Lipid panel
    Testosterone (Free, bound, & unbound)
    Estradiol/E2 sensitive assay
    Thyroid function
    Adrenal function (serum cortisol test)
    Serum PSA test

CBC and CMP are pretty standard and provide the following information

Typical CBC tests include:
    White Blood cell count (total number of white blood cells)
    White blood cell differential (counts the number of various types of white blood cells present: neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils)
    Red blood cell (RBC) count (number of red blood cells present)
    Hemoglobin (amount of oxygen-carrying protein present).
    Hematocrit (measures percentage of blood that consists of red blood cells)
    Mean corpuscular volume (MCV - measures average size of RBCs)
    Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH - the average amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin inside RBCs)
    Red cell distribution width (RDW - provides measure of variation in size of RBCs)
    Reticulocyte count (measures absolute/percentage of young red blood cells)
    Platelet count (number of platelets in sample of blood)
    Mean platelet volume (MPV - average size of platelets)
    Platelet distribution width (PDW - measures the variation of platelet size)

CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel). This assay is useful for diagnosing conditions such as diabetes, or liver or kidney disease. Most common tests included are:
    Glucose
    Calcium (Changes may indicate hormonal imbalances or problems with kidneys, bones, or pancreas)
    Albumin (Main protein manufactured by liver. Low levels may indicate liver or kidney disease or nutritional deficiencies)
    Electrolytes (sodium, potassium, CO2, chloride. Abnormal levels may dehydration, heart disease, or kidney dysfunction)
    Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine (Increases may indicate impaired kidney function)
    Liver function tests (LFTs - Alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine amino transferase (ALT), aspartate amino transferase (AST), and bilirubin; High readings indicate possible liver dysfunction. Levels greater than 4x ULN are very serious).

Lipid Panel. This usually requires a FASTED sample (i.e. no eating at least 12 hours before the test, preferably 24). Lipid panels measure: Total Cholesterol; Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL - "bad cholesterol); High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL - "good" cholesterol); Triglycerides.

Thyroid Tests
    TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone (produced by pituitary)
    T4 - thyroxine (produced by thyroid; regulates TSH)
    Free T4 - (free T4 fraction is most important to determine thyroid function)
    T3 - triiodothyronine (predictive for hyperthyroidism)

Cortisol Test. Measures amount of (serum) cortisol in blood to provide a measure of adrenal function.

Serum PSA test. PSA is a glycoprotein produced by the prostate. It is commonly elevated during and shortly following use of anabolic agents and is also a marker for diagnosing disorders of the prostate (prostatitis, BPH, prostate cancer). PSA levels are also elevated for 48 hours following ejaculation so if you are having a serum PSA performed, it is best to avoid any sexual acitivity 48-72 hours before this test.

Many of the hormonal assays are NOT standard tests like the CBC and CMP and you may have to request them. Your doctor may ask why you feel these are all needed so be prepared to provide an explanation (preferably one that does NOT involve disclosure of your anabolic usage!!!!).
    Wow thanks for this, great information. I would have probably just gone in and got the wrong test done. Should we just take this list in and ask for each specifically? And what would be a good reason to tell them when they ask why I want all these test?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouch
    Wow thanks for this, great information. I would have probably just gone in and got the wrong test done. Should we just take this list in and ask for each specifically? And what would be a good reason to tell them when they ask why I want all these test?
    Ok.....I'd recommend the following, tell your doctor you've been feeling a bit lethargic/tired. More than usual. Work outs have been a bit more tiring and your energy is "off". Appetite is good but just a general feeling of fatigue and lacking energy. Ask for a check up and blood work and ask if the following can be done:

Basic blood and metabolic panels (this is your CBC and CMP). Ask if your doctor can check your hormones to make sure fatigue, energy loss and weakness isn't due to that. Ask what he/she would recommend. Most likely they will think thyroid and cortisol and if so, ask if a full hormonal pattern to check your testosterone and estrogen levels are within normal range can be performed.

A lipid panel isn't crucial for most people but given that you cycled, it would be good to know we're you are at. Ask if he/she can test your cholesterol because you'd like to know where that is at since you are exercising more and want to know if your cholesterol is in the healthy range.

Unless you're over 35, your doc is not likely to run a serum PSA because they wouldn't expect it to be high. I'd recommend it but if you are under 35 (sorry I forgot to check your profile before commenting) it would seem a bit odd asking and an insurance company may decline the request based on age alone since you'd be low risk for elevated PSA

Make sure you are about 14 days past your PCT to allow the assays we discussed to normalize as much as possible. Anything that is way out of range is going to raise a lot of questions. Questions you won't want to answer!

I don't suggest printing the list off. While it is helpful to have and reference, your doctor may ask why you want such comprehensive work done.

You are welcome! The forum members are all here to help where we can. Let me know if I can help any further and If I have something to add, I will.

Good luck Bouch!

MI

Bouch is offline Member
    Thanks again MI! I'll post a thread with the results once I finish the cycle and PCT. I'm sure I'll have questions regarding anything that is out of line. I'm sure this sounds like a dumb question but the obvious would be that you want everything within normal range, correct? And is there anything that you would say is the norm or to expect to be out of the normal range after the 14 days post PCT?

Sworder is offline Banned
    Make sure you specify to include LH, FSH, and SHBG! It should be included in the same panel as testosterone , but sometime it is not! Also, prolactin would be good to add to the list.

Thanks MuscleInk for taking the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouch
    Thanks again MI! I'll post a thread with the results once I finish the cycle and PCT. I'm sure I'll have questions regarding anything that is out of line. I'm sure this sounds like a dumb question but the obvious would be that you want everything within normal range, correct? And is there anything that you would say is the norm or to expect to be out of the normal range after the 14 days post PCT?
    No problem.

Normal range is the ideal. How quickly you return to normal will depend on your prior doses, choice of compounds, duration of cycle, management of sides during cycle, etc. Typically lipids may stay out of range for a bit and if you cycled orals, LFTs (liver function tests) could be elevated. The latter usually gets the attention of most doctors but if you avoided orals, your LFTs should be ok. Testosterone may take a few weeks to normalize, again depending on the forementioned factors.

Sworder also asked if tests for LH/FSH/SHBG should be requested. Most docs should include these in a hormone panel for testosterone and estrogen but if not, it wouldn't hurt to know if these are circulating at normal values.

If you have questions about labs once you get results, there are plenty of knowledgable people here when deciphering labs, but I'd be happy to help as well.

Can anyone tell me if it would be okay for me to start a Turinabol only cycle a few weeks after I finish my PCT for my Anavar only cycle? I'll finish my Anavar cycle around early December, and I'd like to do a Turinabol only cycle around early February next year due to the fact I start back at university at the end of February. I don't really want to wait until mid next year for the next uni holidays to be able to cycle. Surely a four or five week cycle of Turinabol only before I go back to uni would be okay? That would be my only cycle next year as well and I'd have the whole year to recover.

Thread Information