Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253

    Post dnp side effects....... Smell and taste of sulphur.

    OK i finished a 14day cycle of dnp over 4 weeks ago now but i can still taste and smell sulphur is this common?? Its nothing unbearable or anything just its all i can smell, i cant smell anything else not even aftershave. I know my sense of smell was abit weak before i started the dnp but i put that down to maybe the flu or something.

    Anyway, what you guys think??


    Oh and i was doing 100mg for the first 2 days and then 300mg for the rest of the cycle and to be honest... i didnt even feel anything. Maybe it was underdoses stuff i dont know, it was capped up and was a bright illuminous yellow colour.

    anyway back to the sulphur smell...... is it common and if so how long will it take to go away???

    cheers

  2. #2
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    bump

  3. #3
    auswest is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,110
    Blog Entries
    2
    It amazes me that anyone after doing there research on this stuff, still chooses to use it. To your question, I have no idea, what a horrible side effect.

  4. #4
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    I'm thinking it might be hypothyroidism. I think you should get your T3/T4 levels checked out. I'm of course only guessing because of DNP 's effect on the thyroid binding proteins. Hypothyroidism can cause problems with the sense of smell and taste like how you describe too (not that i know of the sulfur smell but it can decrease your ability to taste/smell).

    What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 10-20-2012 at 03:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    hmmmm do i go to my docs and ask them to check out my T3/T4 levels then??

    I mean id rather get it sorted out once and for all

  6. #6
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    It amazes me that anyone after doing there research on this stuff, still chooses to use it. To your question, I have no idea, what a horrible side effect.

    Its only as dangerous as its user imo.

    Many accounts of people using it without any problems, of course you read horror stories about DNP but you could find a horror story about pretty much anything if you looked.

    I know alot of people that take DNP, nd no one has encountered anything bad from it.

  7. #7
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    hmmmm do i go to my docs and ask them to check out my T3/T4 levels then??

    I mean id rather get it sorted out once and for all
    Well, you need to get checked out. It's not normal to still have no taste or smell (other than sulfur). I'm not exactly sure what it is, but to me it makes logical sense that if you are having that symptom, that it's your thyroid (given what DNP does). I think it's probably best to start with the thyroid.

  8. #8
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    It amazes me that anyone after doing there research on this stuff, still chooses to use it. To your question, I have no idea, what a horrible side effect.
    ill second this..

  9. #9
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    big problem???? Hope my doc doesnt have a go at me for taking dnp in the first place.... what could he do for me??

  10. #10
    Bulkn's Avatar
    Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia!
    Posts
    926
    Theres probably a good chance he doesnt know what it is. He may have to research it or refer you to someone else.
    I will never touch the stuff but im curious, what kind of results did you have?

  11. #11
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    well, to be honest i didnt really see mega results although i did lose abit of bodyfat. Alot of water retention at first which subsided after the cycle. My friend who is a really chunky lad was amazed by it and was sweating like a pig just walking about on the same dose as i was doing.

    think it works differently for different people and works more on fatter people.....

    gunna see my doc

  12. #12
    HitIt's Avatar
    HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dirty South, GA Coast
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    Its only as dangerous as its user imo.

    Many accounts of people using it without any problems, of course you read horror stories about DNP but you could find a horror story about pretty much anything if you looked.

    I know alot of people that take DNP, nd no one has encountered anything bad from it.
    did you hear about the guy who took it and now he has a permanent taste and smell of sulphur?

  13. #13
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    haha behave ye self am paranoid as it is!!!!

  14. #14
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    haha behave ye self am paranoid as it is!!!!
    Look at it on the bright side. At least you wont be a picky eater anymore.

  15. #15
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,956
    If you screw up using it, you may go blind, or end up in the hospital on an ice bed receiving ice-water enemas as the doctors frantically try to make the temperature of your yellow and sweaty body go back down. And no, Im not joking. On the positive side, very few people have died from DNP use, although it remains a distinct possibility, as some DNP related fatalities have been reported.

    Reminder to self. DONT use DNP....

  16. #16
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    If you screw up using it, you may go blind, or end up in the hospital on an ice bed receiving ice-water enemas as the doctors frantically try to make the temperature of your yellow and sweaty body go back down. And no, Im not joking. On the positive side, very few people have died from DNP use, although it remains a distinct possibility, as some DNP related fatalities have been reported.

    Reminder to self. DONT use DNP....
    Yeah, I really don't see the benefits outweighing the risks on this one for anyone who isn't making their living off their body's appearance.

  17. #17
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    Youd have to take 1000mg of dnp at once to overdose like.

    its like anything isnt it, you try a small amount at first see how you go then you taper up the dose accordingly.

    You`d be stupid if you just started banging it into you like no mans business.

    Can be dangerous

    Best fat burner on planet though

  18. #18
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    Best fat burner on planet though
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    well, to be honest i didnt really see mega results although i did lose abit of bodyfat.
    hmmm... i can see better results with just no/low carbs + cardio and no risk to health..

  19. #19
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectorial View Post
    Youd have to take 1000mg of dnp at once to overdose like.

    its like anything isnt it, you try a small amount at first see how you go then you taper up the dose accordingly.

    You`d be stupid if you just started banging it into you like no mans business.

    Can be dangerous

    Best fat burner on planet though
    I don't get why you'd advocate using DNP when you still can't smell or taste anything besides sulfur.

  20. #20
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    ha its funny you should say that because i probably wont be using it again lol.

    I miss being able to smell my own farts!!



  21. #21
    Pectorial's Avatar
    Pectorial is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    253
    Possibly yer, but for a quick fix its unreal

    im low fat anyhow dont know why i bothered lol its better for obese people

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •