Helmet88 is offline New Member

Getting Started, Need Advice

I would like some info on getting started. I am in my 30's, 6'8", 200lbs, with 7-10% body fat, have worked out for many years, but loss muscle after surgery. Very high metabolism. Drink Protein shakes 3 x's a day and workout 3-5 times a week. I would honestly like to gain 40-50 lbs. Before surgery I weighed approx 220, but could never bridge that gap.

Would like to get some info from people with experience on what steps I should take. Thanks

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well, I would first say to eat more real food and stick with skakes post-workout only.

For a first cycle to bulk up
    wk1-11 500mg Enan
    wk1-10 400mg EQ
    clomid 2wks after last Test shot
    300mg-day 1, 100mg-10days, 50mg-10 days- Also take 10mg Nolva ED during Clomid.
    Have Nolva on hand throughout the entire cycle incase of gyno symptoms
    If using Cyp, do not extend the Tes by a week

Test will take 3-4wks to kick in and EQ takes around 4-5wks so don't get discouraged if you don't start gaining right away. If you wanted, you could jump start with Test prop at 50mg ED the first 4wks so that you get some gains withing the first couple of weeks before the other stuff kicks

Face is offline Banned

wait

how long have you been working out these 3-5 times a week? how long each time? do you have a spotter to push you to 6-10 reps max? how many calories do you think you eat per day on average? ever juice before? do you mix cardio with weights and if so how? do you do lower body? with your body fat i'd start eating like a pig. you have nothing to lose. if your body fat goes up a bit you know you're overdoing it a little. i got myself down to under 5% once. now i'm back up to 7-8 but i'm on the sauce. answer these questions and you'll get some better answers.

face

Helmet88 is offline New Member
    I just recently got back into it, it's been about 6 months. I usually workout for 2 hours 3 days a week. I use a spotter to push the weight 5-7 reps. I eat 4 times a day and drink a protein (weight gainer) 3 times a day. I would say I take in between 3,000 and 4,000 calories a day. Never juiced before. I do mix a little cardio with weights. I play hockey 3 days a week and I jog 1/2 mile or so 2 days. It is more a sprint workout that keeps with the hockey theme. I do leg excercise with machines because of bad back. I do everything but squats and things that I can't support my back with. Thanks for your inputs.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Helmet88
    I just recently got back into it, it's been about 6 months. I usually workout for 2 hours 3 days a week. I use a spotter to push the weight 5-7 reps. I eat 4 times a day and drink a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> (<a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=WEIGHT%20GAI NER" target="_blank">weight gainer</a> ) 3 times a day. I would say I take in between 3,000 and 4,000 calories a day. Never juiced before. I do mix a little cardio with weights. I play hockey 3 days a week and I jog 1/2 mile or so 2 days. It is more a sprint workout that keeps with the hockey theme. I do leg excercise with machines because of bad back. I do everything but squats and things that I can't support my back with. Thanks for your inputs.
    With just jumping back in, I would say to train untill you get back to your previous state from when you stopped. I would cut your workouts to 45min-1hour and train 5-6 dyas a week. Increase the frequency of your meals to at least 6 a day.
    With hockey in the picture, your cardio is pretty much taken care of, otherwise I would suggest 3-4times a week at 30min.
    I feel you on the bad back. I've had one for years. i still do squats and deads but my back is screwed for days afterwards so I have to arrange my training splits carefully.
    Good luck bro, and don't hesitate if you have any more Q's

Thread Information