View Poll Results: What direction should we go with our "Company Name"

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go with HormoneReplacementTherapy.com as the company name!

6 42.86%
  • Come up with a "Catchy Name" for the company!

8 57.14%
  • Stop making polls and boring us all!

0 0%
    system admin is offline Owner

Members Opinion on our "Company Name" for HRT

Ok guys.... Today I have spent a lot of time thinking of a name to call our company. I have spent hours coming up with catchy names, names that describe our business, and names that would be easy to remember. After beating my head against the wall, I have realized that perhaps we already have the perfect company name. Let me set the stage for what I am thinking:

I am thinking of opening up MANY clinics all across the country. (over time) I am visualizing the front of the clinics from the street or on a sign. With this plan, I am picturing ONE website that can direct our clients to all of our different locations. So if you are in Texas, you go to HormoneReplacementTherapy.com, click Texas, and then choose your city closest to you. (I am sure you see how this works). Anyway, what do you think about us simply calling the company:

HormoneReplacementTherapy.com, Inc

This company name does several things. It appears to be a national brand. The name tells EXACTLY what we do. It drives traffic to the website simply by seeing the name on a sign or building. It gives the feel of being an "Authority" company just by the sheer fact that we have that domain name and in this day in age, most people know the value of a premium domain like that and will automatically assume that we are not some rickety start up.

What do you guys think of this? Continue thinking of some fancy name like "Vitality Clinic" or "Forever Young" OR go with our domain name and build a brand off of it?

Thoughts?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Building a brand will allow you to differentiate yourself from your competition and a unique name will allow you to more easily build top of mind awareness. A strong brand will especially help you locally where you will probably do more conventional marketing.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It should be a different name. That way when you use google ad words and such you find it and its at the top of the lists always. Its all about gaming the internet.

Its not as easy as it was years ago T. Look at my www.LowTestosterone.com site for example. We put a Lot of work in that site and its on page 18 for "low Testosterone ".... there are a LOT of new factors that go into it now and domain age and link popularity are important.

We are looking for a name that describes our business and one we can brand easily. Perhaps looking for too much of a fluffy name will be too complicated. I mean, what is: "Forever Young, Inc" or Vitality Clinic, Inc? the name does not describe the service. It would take a LOT of money to brand a name like those vs. having a company name that is the prime description. Kind of like Mortgage.com or Cars.com or Business.com

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    ARs Hormone Replacement.com

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Vitalife.com

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    YoungAgain.com
    ForeverYoung.com

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    HRT.com would be 'catchier' and still describe the business

I would love to have HRT.com, however we dont feel like parting with $600k to buy it! I offered 150k and they laughed. I can do a lot more with my money than blow that kind of money for a domain.

The next best domain is what we already have: HormoneReplacementTherapy.com Although a tad long, there is NO confusion as to what we do lol

Bc

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    ^ Fair enough. Go with what you have.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    Its not as easy as it was years ago T. Look at my www.LowTestosterone.com site for example. We put a Lot of work in that site and its on page 18 for "low Testosterone ".... there are a LOT of new factors that go into it now and domain age and link popularity are important.

We are looking for a name that describes our business and one we can brand easily. Perhaps looking for too much of a fluffy name will be too complicated. I mean, what is: "Forever Young, Inc" or Vitality Clinic, Inc? the name does not describe the service. It would take a LOT of money to brand a name like those vs. having a company name that is the prime description. Kind of like Mortgage.com or Cars.com or Business.com
    The age of the domain isnt actually that important. I have seen new sites ranked well in no time at all for their EMD. That site needs far mroe backlinks. Its not going to rank well with the quality backlinks it has now at 349 for a 40,500 volume on adwords.

We have decided to go with a new domain name: LowTestosterone.com

The Corporate name will be: Low Testosterone .com, Inc

We want to keep it short, simple and easy to remember. "Low Testosterone " is the hot phrase and will continue to grow in popularity. Might as well take advantage of it.

Swifto,

AGREED. You and I talk a lot about these things and although i disagree with the domain age not having value, it WILL be a very easy site to get back links to, especially when we start marketing. Its on page 18 now for the phrase "Low Testosterone" (it was on first page for a while until Google shuffled and because of the low back links) but once we start using some of our already existing sites to market, things should look up quickly.

Gfeazell is offline Junior Member
    Based on the way people search the net for info, i would skip the catch name and go with the HormoneReplacementTherapy.com. More chances to get hits on basic searches without having to pay for it. Sometimes, basic is good.

Thread Information