warmouth is offline Productive Member

Controlling RBC?

Is giving blood the best way to lower RBC? And why is it so important and what is the purpose of lowering it? Will it go back down once off cycle? Sorry to ask so much about this, but I am getting more BW done in a couple of weeks, and even though I am not on, it was on the high side a month ago when I had BW drawn. I want to make sure I have everything under control this go around and am desperately working on bettering my liver enzymes and lipids. Thanks!

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Yes and it helps save the lives of others in need.

rmbX66t1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Is giving blood the best way to lower RBC? And why is it so important and what is the purpose of lowering it? Will it go back down once off cycle? Sorry to ask so much about this, but I am getting more BW done in a couple of weeks, and even though I am not on, it was on the high side a month ago when I had BW drawn. I want to make sure I have everything under control this go around and am desperately working on bettering my liver enzymes and lipids. Thanks!
    That's my preferred method of RBC control, it works just fine. The point of it, is too keep the viscosity of consistency of your blood in check, failure to do so can put you at a higher risk for stroke and blood clotting. If I am not mistaken, it can also be very taxing on the kidneys, if the issue is chronic. If it is a reoccurring issue that cannot seem to be solved with blood donation (which is unlikely), your doctor can get you on medication to assist in controlling it.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Yes and it helps save the lives of others in need.
    Do clinics accept blood from AAS users (on cycle) for transfusions? I was under the impression they simply destroyed it. That'd be quite a positive revelation, if they are using it for something beneficial.

With too much RBC I felt like my arms were going to pop and my head felt like a drum. My heart rate was high and I just didn't feel good at all. After giving blood, I just felt a lot better. A lot less pressure on the body.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbX66t1

Do clinics accept blood from AAS users (on cycle) for transfusions? I was under the impression they simply destroyed it. That'd be quite a positive revelation, if they are using it for something beneficial.
    I wouldn't tell them you were on cycle. Some blood donation sites won't take your blood if the RBC or hematocrit is too high. Not sure which one it is. I think it's a limit on the hematocrit.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I just want my BW to come back better than last time. My heartrate is elevated, as well as BP. I have hypertension, but my daily meds normally control it. It is higher now that I have ran AAS. I am thinking of donating, but is it a one time thing or does it need to be done frequently?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You can do it on a regular basis. After you give they will tell you when you can give again and mail you info on blood drives in your area.

Thread Information