qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member

Hpta done growing?

How can we be sure our Hpta is done growing.

Exemple if I pass blood test 3 times a years for 3 years. If the testosterone (total/free) begin to drop or stay the same, it is safe to say that it's done??
    Or it's more complicated than that( I got the feeling it's more complicated than that XD).

Bump

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Give a shout out to Sworder and the other guys they are very well educated on this subject

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    At 19 I wouldnt say so.

I know 19 it would be very surprising. but i mean in some years maybe when ill reach 22/23 it may be finished
    so i start now to see my evolution

Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq
    I know 19 it would be very surprising. but i mean in some years maybe when ill reach 22/23 it may be finished
    so i start now to see my evolution
    It wouldn't be an evolution to start now it would be a risk to the rest of your life's health.

... what are you talking about...

Well its your body proceed with caution!

I'm saying that I'll do blood test regularly to see how my hormonal system evolve during 2-4 years until it stop growing and begin to decrease so I know that I'm ready for AAS....

My question was is my free testosterone and total testosterone(result of my bloodtest) is enough to conclude that my HPTA is done growing...

I'm saying that I'll do blood test regularly to see how my hormonal system evolve during 2-4 years until it stop growing and begin to decrease so I know that I'm ready for AAS....
    Sorry mate I thought you meant u will startAAS now and watch the evolution my bad

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There isn't a guarantee or a precise age. Hormones will fluctuate according to a variety of cues, not just with respect to growth. Regardless of age, most (if not all) cycles will shut you down and produce side effects - some short term, some long term.

If your HTPA is still developing and you interfere with this process you run the risk of possible damage and impairing your HTPA permanently. Younger guys MAY "bounce back" better but there is absolutely no guarantee that you will recover successfully and no single physiological measure can really confirm that your HTPA is completely developed and you are good to go.

25 is the expected norm when the HTPA reaches maturation but it could be earlier or later depending on the person.

It all comes down to YOU and your complete willingness to accept any and all consequences of your actions. The majority of young guys SAY they accept the risks but that's usually because (1) they falsely believe they are invincible and it couldn't happen to them or (2) they really don't understand the real risks - imagine having trouble getting an erection or a lack of interest in sex for much of your life. Not easy for a 20-something guy who's in the prime of his life to look forward to.

Ask some of the vets like Austinite or Gixx what happens when you start steroids too early. Or read some of the more recent threads from young guys who took matters into their own hands and are here now seeking help for side effects that are affecting their lives.

No one can tell you when the best time is. We'll make recommendations. You need to accept the responsibility of your choices.

^^^^^^^well said

I know what happen when we use AAS too young and It's not because I'm young that I automatically think that wont happen to me.

But you still answer to my question. by saying "no single physiological measure can really confirm that your HTPA is completely developed"

But something i didnt understand what you means by "Younger guys MAY "bounce back" better" how old is younger for you?? and if younger is 25-30 i can understand why they can bounce back easier but if it's under 25 I don't...

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know what happen when we use AAS too young and It's not because I'm young that I automatically think that wont happen to me.

But you still answer to my question. by saying "no single physiological measure can really confirm that your HTPA is completely developed"

But something i didnt understand what you means by "Younger guys MAY "bounce back" better" how old is younger for you?? and if younger is 25-30 i can understand why they can bounce back easier but if it's under 25 I don't...
    Again, it's impossible to give a precise age. Endocrinologists widely believe the HTPA reaches maturity between 23-26, or about 25 on average. Does that mean the HTPA is fully mature at 25 years of age - most likely, but there is no absolute guarantee. Blood tests, no matter how frequent, aren't absolutely definitive of maturation.

Let me ask you a question. How much water is enough water daily? It's a similar problem because there are recommendations but everyone has different needs and different physiologies and too much or too little water is equally dangerous. Medically, it is recommended that you drink enough water so that you urinate once every two hours on average and your urine is clear, colorless, and odorless. Now, if you urinate once every two hours but your urine is yellowish, are you drinking too little? Perhaps, but more likely there are other factors to consider. Likewise, if your urine is colorless and odorless but you are urinating once every 4-5 hours, are you drinking too little? Again, the answer isn't definitive. Just as body builders recommend drinking 2 gallons a day, this is a guideline only.

So....the answer to your question is that blood work, taken at several time points could yield consistent results or show variability (again because factors such as nutrition, time of day, fatigue, stress, etc) are all factors which could cause some variations in BW. Neither stable labs or variations would necessarily suggest a mature or still-developing HTPA.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 11-03-2012 at 07:45 PM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Everything MI said.

I have a few friends that started experimenting as early as 17. They have been on TRT for about 20 years now. But most of my friends including myself, started around 27 and we are just fine.

Just play the odds. Not that it's ever a guarantee but just saying..

I also though you were starting your cycle.Nothing is written in stone Bro.We have had guys get messed up on Var.So as you can see its a crap shoot.But with your health on the line.

Thread Information