jthompson is offline New Member

Can you be 100% back to normal after doing steroids?

So I have a anti-aging/TRT place that I have met with and I am considering doing a cycle. I have some questions though that I want you guys to answer for me....not them.

1. After doing the cycle and then doing your PCT, can your body ever get it's Test levels back to where they should be as if you never did steroids ?

2. Not sure how familiar you guys are with MMA, but a lot of the older fighters are on TRT and the critics of TRT use in pro sports are saying that the reason these guys are on TRT is because they did steroids when they were younger and they screwed themselves up, so now they have to be on TRT to be "normal". Is there any truth to this?

3. As far a PCT goes, can you really get back to normal just running Nolva? This place wants to give me nolva, clomid and hcg . Should I just tell them I only want the Nolva?

4. Before they approve me for the cycle, you have to get your blood work done. Does anyone know what they are testing for? Is it just Test levels? If so, what should my test levels be? I'm in my 30's. Also, if they test for other stuff, does anyone have a link showing what they test for and what those values should be?

Thanks for any help.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jthompson View Post
    So I have a anti-aging/TRT place that I have met with and I am considering doing a cycle. I have some questions though that I want you guys to answer for me....not them.

1. After doing the cycle and then doing your PCT, can your body ever get it's Test levels back to where they should be as if you never did steroids ?
    This would be person specific, and cycle specific. Your in your thirties so your system is stable and mature. If everything goes like it should then, yes.
    2. Not sure how familiar you guys are with MMA, but a lot of the older fighters are on TRT and the critics of TRT use in pro sports are saying that the reason these guys are on TRT is because they did steroids when they were younger and they screwed themselves up, so now they have to be on TRT to be "normal". Is there any truth to this?
    Prob safe to say all MMA guys use steroids, anyone that has been using them for long periods of time and/or abusing will need to replace their testosterone as they age.

3. As far a PCT goes, can you really get back to normal just running Nolva? This place wants to give me nolva, clomid and hcg . Should I just tell them I only want the Nolva?
    No, their plan is better, you need all three and I would post up their recommended dosages.

4. Before they approve me for the cycle, you have to get your blood work done. Does anyone know what they are testing for? Is it just Test levels? If so, what should my test levels be? I'm in my 30's. Also, if they test for other stuff, does anyone have a link showing what they test for and what those values should be?
    yes, blood work should always,be done first. They should run testosterone, estrogen, possibly igf1, CBC, lipids, PSA, and thyroid function. The results will have the normal ranges on them.

Thanks for any help.
    See bold.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    the human body is the most amazing machine ever invented. if you are a healthy, active adult who has done some research and follow an aas/pct protocol for first time users then i would say that if you don't manage to fully recover back to 100% or more of your original test levels then you are the exception to the rule.

your 2nd question i think is based on faulty assumptions. i know many many ufc fighters personally, yes there are many who use steroids but as anyone who follows the sport will tell you, muscle does not equal win. the same goes for big scary tattoos. fighters are using trt more often now because they see money available now that was only a dream before yet their own window of fighting opportunity is rapidly coming to a close. what was chael's level when he was tested after the first anderson silva fight? 4 times that of a "normal" male his age. that isn't trt, and he wasn't using it to make up for decades of steroid abuse either.

as for number 3, each of those items has different reasons to be there and they work together to get you back to "normal". don't short change yourself on the pct, the cost of each should be factored into the cost of the cycle to begin with. if you can't buy all of your gear+pct items before you start, don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    See bold.
    thanks mans...appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    the human body is the most amazing machine ever invented. if you are a healthy, active adult who has done some research and follow an aas/pct protocol for first time users then i would say that if you don't manage to fully recover back to 100% or more of your original test levels then you are the exception to the rule.

your 2nd question i think is based on faulty assumptions. i know many many ufc fighters personally, yes there are many who use steroids but as anyone who follows the sport will tell you, muscle does not equal win. the same goes for big scary tattoos. fighters are using trt more often now because they see money available now that was only a dream before yet their own window of fighting opportunity is rapidly coming to a close. what was chael's level when he was tested after the first anderson silva fight? 4 times that of a "normal" male his age. that isn't trt, and he wasn't using it to make up for decades of steroid abuse either.

as for number 3, each of those items has different reasons to be there and they work together to get you back to "normal". don't short change yourself on the pct, the cost of each should be factored into the cost of the cycle to begin with. if you can't buy all of your gear+pct items before you start, don't start.
    Ok, makes sense.

No, I am not looking to cut costs, I was just reading some threads on this site where guys were saying that clomid and hcg really are not that great and Nolva is really all you need. I just want to make sure I do what the BEST pct is regardless of cost.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jthompson View Post
    Ok, makes sense.

No, I am not looking to cut costs, I was just reading some threads on this site where guys were saying that clomid and hcg really are not that great and Nolva is really all you need. I just want to make sure I do what the BEST pct is regardless of cost.
    interesting. i think if you found threads on this site that said nolva is all you need then it was a slow day here and no one came along to catch it. definitely a minority opinion around these parts. a lot of people don't care for clomid too much because they dose it pretty high and get some nasty sides. i haven't seen anything close to negative about proper hcg usage but that's not for pct anyway. you might look into toremifene.

Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    interesting. i think if you found threads on this site that said nolva is all you need then it was a slow day here and no one came along to catch it. definitely a minority opinion around these parts. a lot of people don't care for clomid too much because they dose it pretty high and get some nasty sides. i haven't seen anything close to negative about proper hcg usage but that's not for pct anyway. you might look into toremifene.
    Yeah man, that is why I am asking questions because I saw a lot of people saying that using just Nolva is the preferred way. I just was looking for some more input.

Thanks.

Thread Information