rogerm is offline Junior Member

should i pick up some accutane

i used to get a shitload of acne when i was in highschool so i have a hunch i might get it bad durring my cycle.....was thinking to stock up on accutane just incase

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    IMO accutane should be used as a last resort for acne. Some people swear on other products, others accutane.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    ^^ Agree.

Rogerm, what is your cycle exp? Regardless, make sure to include an AI on cycle to control estrogen, which is one of the leading causes of acne.

Test Enanthate : 12 weeks (500mg a week, split into 250mg 2x a week)
    Arimidex : .5mg e3d for weeks 1-3, then .5mg EOD from week 3-12
    Nolvadex : 10 days after last shot, 40mg ED for 2 weeks, then 20mg ED for 2
    weeks
    Clomid: 10 days after last shot, 100mg ED for 2 weeks, then 50mg ED for 2
    weeks.

oops! sorry didnt understand what i was reading.....my cycle experience is 0

Quote Originally Posted by rogerm View Post
    Test Enanthate : 12 weeks (500mg a week, split into 250mg 2x a week)
    Arimidex : .5mg e3d for weeks 1-3, then .5mg EOD from week 3-12
    Nolvadex : 10 days after last shot, 40mg ED for 2 weeks, then 20mg ED for 2
    weeks
    Clomid: 10 days after last shot, 100mg ED for 2 weeks, then 50mg ED for 2
    weeks.
    Run your PCT 14 days after last shot.

You may get away with .25mg dex eod on cycle Try it and see, then titrate up if you are experiencing sides.

I would include hCG on cyle @ 250iu 2/wk

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am also very acne prone and nothing except accutane can keep it in check, BUT accutane is serious stuff and you should try to control it without it.

If you have to use accutane use as little of it as possible. 40mg/3days will keep it down to just a few on my back and 40mg/eod will kill 99% for me.

mickey...what does titratre meen....and im oblivious to hcg , will you please break it down for me....i heard of it in many of the posts in this forum.....i was going to start cycle this sunday.....but maybe i will postpone so i can use that....i never realized how much there was to a cycle...holy crap

thanx for the advice gymfu on the accutane, will keep some on hand....hopefully i wont need it....i will use if it gets real bad

Quote Originally Posted by rogerm View Post
    mickey...what does titratre meen....and im oblivious to hcg, will you please break it down for me....i heard of it in many of the posts in this forum.....i was going to start cycle this sunday.....but maybe i will postpone so i can use that....i never realized how much there was to a cycle...holy crap
    Titrate means to increase or decrease. And yes, i would wait until you have your hCG and everything else on hand before you begin.

how much would i need to lastmy cycle

Two 5000ius amps.

Read up, you got some more research to do if you haven't heard of hcg .

i have heard of it alot in these forums....but i didnt look into it cuz i didnt want to over complicate my cycle.....i understand that some people swear by it and others dont feel the need to use it at all. well i just finnished reading an article on it and i do see its importance now....the article thought said its best taken a monthe before the end of cycle and durring pct....

There are two schools of thought on hcg one is what you said, start one month before the cycle ends and up to the beginning of pct. This may work for some people but this is allowing your testies to shutdown and then trying to restart them. Not the best plan.

The other is to take it the entire cycle. I prefer this method. This will help to keep your testies to produce testosterone naturally while on cycle, it also helps keep other hormones like Pregnenolone up. I can feel a difference when I run hcg and don't. Go to the TRT section and read the stickie hcg and Pregnenolone, good stuff in there.

Rogerthat!

once again, thanx mickey

GluteStriations is offline New Member
    I was prescribed accutane in high school for pretty bad acne. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless absurdly necessary. Side effects were ridiculous. Skin was flakey and dry all over and there was no lotion that would fix it. Bones and joints were incredibly sore. Going from standing to lying required about 2 minutes of "getting used to" on my spine so it wouldn't hurt. So in short, I would not recommend it.

Also, my acne has personally not gotten any worse during a cycle, as compared to off of one.

wow.....has ny one else had similar side effects to accutane as glutestriations just described

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Accutane does those things. Make you look sun burnt even though u are not and it dries skin severely and causes joint pain. We I was ,on it the doctor prescribed 180 mg/day for me. The dosage is based on body weight. A better alternitive is doxycycline @ 100 mg 2x/day. Probably best to start it two weeks before you start your cycle,

Accutane is harsh and miserable, but it works. That's why it gets prescribed by dermatologist.

sniper320 is offline Member
    My experience with accutane was pretty harsh to say the least. I was severely constipated within a few days of starting treatment, eating problems , depressed as all hell, red skin and ended up with a peptic ulcer. I would seriously reconsider unless you have a shotgun blast of acne across the chest. I have done many substances in my life and accutane was one of the worst. My dr ended up taking me off of it. My acne wasn't that bad I just wanted to get rid of it once and for all. Hope this helps !

Thread Information