JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Before you cycle or ask about a cycle read this.

Posted by compman at S'ology

Steroid Misconceptions!

How many times have you heard, "Well if I was on steroids , I'd be that big, too" or "When your on juice you can eat whatever you want and not get fat!" I also hear, "That dude is so ripped, he must be on something!"

Steroid misconceptions piss me off! So many ignorant people in the gym think that if they took a cycle of gear they would look like Dorian Yates. Even in my thread poll, how big are your arms?" People are writing 16," but I never took steroids before. Are they thinking that doing a couple of cycles is going to give them 20" guns?

Do to my father being a pro-bodybuilder back in the day, I started lifting weights regularly in grade school. Over 20 years! I am wise enough to know that the guys you see in "the magazines" no matter how much shit they are on, they still have one in a million genetics, with a lot of years of hard work behind them. I also know that if you eat whatever you want on gear, you'll still gain bodyfat with muscle.

FOR YOU NOVICES: Don't think by taking a cycle you are going to turn from Pee Wee Herman into a Pro-Bodybuilder. Steroids alone, is not the easy way out. There is no easy out to become a monster! It takes years of very hard work and discipline!!!!!!!!

...plugging away, day after day, month after month, year after year.......

JohnnyB

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Hell of a post JonnyB,
    But i always thought that steroids were the magic "get big" pill. Damn i will never big!! LOL

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Johnny B True! So true!
    There is so many misconceptions about AS, and it's deffinately aggrivating! If you beleive that just a few shots and a few pills some tanning and a spedo is all it takes your sick in the F'n head! I can remember buddies of mine saying that, and I couldn't understand where or when they got so stupid. You can't build that amount of beef in weeks, it takes years! and an incredible amount of hard work.

Originally posted by Rhino58
    Hell of a post JonnyB,
    But i always thought that steroids were the magic "get big" pill. Damn i will never big!! LOL
    LOL I guess we were both wrong

JohnnyB

Slypknot is offline Member
    Perhaps I'm blinded by the 'stereotypical' views of AS... but I do find it rather humorous how many posts I've read in my days here on AR that almost shun users for believing AS will 'give them the big guns' or rip em out.... I don't disagree with JohnnyB's posting, but I do believe both sides should be listed....

If AS did not give some extreme benefits to its users, did not promote massive muscle growth, did not allow users to grow way beyond their genetic limitations and 'rip out'...no one would bother sticking a needle in their muscles day after day and go through all the side effects it causes. AS is psychologically addicting because it DOES promote these types of gains. Users feel the strength they only had at age 18, they can actually see their bodies changing in mere weeks and others around them can easily notice they are growing much faster than a 'normal natural' lifter....the benefits of AS use are amazing and fast - which keeps all of us coming back for more cycles.

Now keeping in mind that AS use DOES have these types of benefits, I do also agree that those seeking the 'arnold' look will have to face reality sooner or later.... anyone seeking to be that big MUST realize they are facing years of work, genetic barriers, serious medical supervision/complications and a life of training/eating/sleeping/training without much else. Hell these guys needs sponsors just so they can earn money cause they sure aren't working at a regular 8-5 job....

So if your goals are to grow and improve your body composition - with the proper dedication/diet/AS you will be well on your way. However, if your goal is to workout so you can look better until you get your next girlfriend, do the following:
    1. Pack up any AS you have in some bubble wrap.
    2. Place the wrapped AS in a discreet cardboard box.
    3. PM me for where to ship it to.

That's why I posted this, there are to many kids here that think AAS is the magic cure to be skinny. If your skinny at 18-22 it's cause you don't eat, because your hormones are at the highest they'll ever be. Unless you have a medical problem, but if that was the case a Dr. would be prescribing something to take care of it. So if you can't gain mass at this time in your life AAS isn't the magic pill or injection.

If have your training, diet and recovery down you would have no need for AAS. So by them asking about or looking to AAS is an admission of their lack of commitment to these thing in their lives.

JohnnyB

flamethrower is offline New Member
    Great post JohnnyB, almost all of my friends think that taking AS will automatically make you look like Arnold. They would never take
    AS so I just keep my mouth shut and let them be ignorant.

Flamethrower

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    great post, bump.

Originally posted by flamethrower
    Great post JohnnyB, almost all of my friends think that taking AS will automatically make you look like Arnold. They would never take
    AS so I just keep my mouth shut and let them be ignorant.

Flamethrower
    If they can't get passed the media BS, it would be a waste of time, maybe some day they'll see the light

JohnnyB

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    thats a good post, I think a lot of juice heads that suffer from the napolian complex think they are arnold when they are more like fuckin screach from saved by the bell.......

tony1leg is offline Associate Member
    hella of a post bro

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Great Post JohnnyB....

Originally posted by Bigboy123
    thats a good post, I think a lot of juice heads that suffer from the napolian complex think they are arnold when they are more like fuckin screach from saved by the bell.......
    OMG not screach

JohnnyB

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump for the "B" man...

Thread Information