Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    ReverendNewman's Avatar
    ReverendNewman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    218

    Bulking vs. Cutting

    This is a multi-part question.

    I'm trying to figure out if u use guys use a "bulking" cycle for whatever 12-16 weeks, then come off do ur PCT and then the next cycle do a "cutting" cycle. Or do u do it all in one cycle? Like bulk for 6 weeks then switch to more of a cutting routine.

    Now I read/heard that Winstrol /Tren are using for "cutting". But then someone said that's BS. There is no such things as "cutting" drugs. But there are some that will give u a dryer, harder look with less water retention.

    I know it has a lot to do with diet, but is there specific gear that I should use for a "cutting" cycle?

    My preferred stack is Test Cip. & Deca and have had good results.

  2. #2
    BobTheBodyBuilder's Avatar
    BobTheBodyBuilder is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    206
    bulk first cycle, follow with pct, then wait cycle + pct time before stating cut cycle.

  3. #3
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Is it impossible to both at the same time? I've heard conflicting opinions... I've never done it, it's always bulking or cutting... You do here of people talking about a lean bulk.

  4. #4
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,650
    You can put on size and get lean at the same time but your diet has to be spot on and most are not willing to put in that kind of effort to there diet. I would suggest getting as lean as you can and then bulk later. I am not a big fan of letting the BF get to high. I prefer to cut to around 8 % BF and then Bulk to 12 or so

  5. #5
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79 View Post
    Is it impossible to both at the same time? I've heard conflicting opinions... I've never done it, it's always bulking or cutting... You do here of people talking about a lean bulk.
    That's like trying to slice a tomato thick on one side and thin on the other.

  6. #6
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027
    You can put on size and get lean at the same time but your diet has to be spot on and most are not willing to put in that kind of effort to there diet. I would suggest getting as lean as you can and then bulk later. I am not a big fan of letting the BF get to high. I prefer to cut to around 8 % BF and then Bulk to 12 or so
    Does it matter what AAS you cut with? Or is it all diet? For example can you cut on dbol or deca ? Or do you need something like Winnie or tren to be effective... I have been bulking for the last couple years because of ectomorph body type...

  7. #7
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox

    That's like trying to slice a tomato thick on one side and thin on the other.
    Since I'm so good. Lol
    Since building muscle mass requires a hypercaloric state and losing body fat requires a hypocaloric state, it's unlikely you'll accomplish both processes at once. To see results you'll need to pick the right type of training cycle.

  8. #8
    gymfu's Avatar
    gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lone star state
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    You can put on size and get lean at the same time but your diet has to be spot on and most are not willing to put in that kind of effort to there diet. I would suggest getting as lean as you can and then bulk later. I am not a big fan of letting the BF get to high. I prefer to cut to around 8 % BF and then Bulk to 12 or so
    I think that depends on where your at with your physique. A guy who has put on 50lbs of muscle at 10%bf prob won't be able to do both. But if your just starting out, with a spot on diet, like you said, I think it's possible.

  9. #9
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    I have read about body builders eating proteins, and green vegetables for months and they were huge! (Arnold for example). Nowadays guys say eat potatoes, rice and oatmeal and they get huge and lean... What is the difference?

  10. #10
    gymfu's Avatar
    gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lone star state
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79 View Post
    I have read about body builders eating proteins, and green vegetables for months and they were huge! (Arnold for example). Nowadays guys say eat potatoes, rice and oatmeal and they get huge and lean... What is the difference?
    Huh.....you need protein, carbs, fats, and veggies, all the time, we just change the amounts of each depending on goals.

  11. #11
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Since I'm so good. Lol
    Since building muscle mass requires a hypercaloric state and losing body fat requires a hypocaloric state, it's unlikely you'll accomplish both processes at once. To see results you'll need to pick the right type of training cycle.
    ...and diet. Yup, totally agree with this.

  12. #12
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Huh.....you need protein, carbs, fats, and veggies, all the time, we just change the amounts of each depending on goals.
    Exactly. You're just adjusting and manipulating the macros to suit your goal.

  13. #13
    auswest is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,110
    Blog Entries
    2
    Bulking and cutting ultimately is all diet, however certain aas favour certain goals.

  14. #14
    qscgugcsq's Avatar
    qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Since I'm so good. Lol
    Since building muscle mass requires a hypercaloric state and losing body fat requires a hypocaloric state, it's unlikely you'll accomplish both processes at once. To see results you'll need to pick the right type of training cycle.
    Well, I think that'S possible to bulk and cut at the same time... Dropping bodyfat is not ONLY about losing fat. If someone can win enough lbm without taking fat. His bodyfat will be lower. So, He bulk while dropping his bf. Of course, the bulk won't be as significant than a full bulking cycle and the cut not as significant than a cut cycle. But It's a good way to win muscle without sacrifice the bodyfat.

  15. #15
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Doing both (recomp) is possible but VERY difficult, requiring a very strict diet and routine. It's also not as effective. I prefer Bulking then cutting...I have been bulking for 39 years so now I am cutting

  16. #16
    hankdiesel's Avatar
    hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    blue trunks
    Posts
    3,095
    With a spot on diet, cardio regimen, and weight training program you can add a little muscle and cut body fat at the same time.

  17. #17
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,650
    I agree Not saying its easy but ultimately this all depends on how strict you can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    With a spot on diet, cardio regimen, and weight training program you can add a little muscle and cut body fat at the same time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •