< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

WTF is Test Flu?

What is it caused by? I think I am experiencing it. Either way, I know it will pass. But, I heard this term on here plenty of times but without a real explanation.

Just wondering. . . . .

Sworder is offline Banned
    It's a term used by "juicers" to describe a condition induced by injecting a foreign compound into your body and the immunoresponse that results from it.

It's a ridiculously stupid term for it as it implies that the testosterone has something to do with it or that you actually have the flu. If you would inject Masteron you would get the Mast flu? It doesn't even have anything to do with the influenza virus either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    It's a term used by "juicers" to describe a condition induced by injecting a foreign compound into your body and the immunoresponse that results from it.
    This is exactly what I thought it would be. I guess quality might have something to do with it too. At least I seen something about that on here. Plus, last time when I ran my cycle I got nothing like this from my "true" quality gear.

Thanks for the reply man.

Doont-Hunter is offline Banned
    it's a flu...you get...from taking...testosterone .

Quote Originally Posted by doont-hunter View Post
    it's a flu...you get...from taking...testosterone.
    lmao

red_hulk is offline Member
    I call it the juice flu so it covers everything

lmao
    Lol I'm not wrong though am I? Thinking about straight testosterone as my next cycle btw Sworder, good idea?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Doont-Hunter

Lol I'm not wrong though am I? Thinking about straight testosterone as my next cycle btw Sworder, good idea?
    Your body displays flu like symptoms. Over load of hormone and foreign substance in the body. As stated earlier nothing to do with the actual flu.

Blog Entries
    Does quality of gear cause/not cause this?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Not once have i ever experienced this.............

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Your body displays flu like symptoms. Over load of hormone and foreign substance in the body. As stated earlier nothing to do with the actual flu.
    What does it feel like though? That's sort of turning me off the idea of testosterone . What does it feel like working out with the flu? So basically you get a sore throat, runny nose, itchy eyes etc? What about headaches?

red_hulk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doont-Hunter

What does it feel like though? That's sort of turning me off the idea of testosterone. What does it feel like working out with the flu? So basically you get a sore throat, runny nose, itchy eyes etc? What about headaches?
    You just feel like shit. It passes pretty quick though. For me it's fever and stuck in bed for a couple of days

Blog Entries
    Right now I just feel kinda feverish and ill. I took my 1st shot of Enen yesterday(375mg supposedly).

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's usually caused by the high BA content in the solution. It's your body getting used to it.

Not so much "flu symptoms." More like the symptoms of having a cold. Like you said, fever, congestion, weakness.

I feel the same way when I start new cycles. Not so much with long esters, I get this for the first week using Prop though.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's from injecting dirty gear.
    If it were from the immune response to the hormone itself (or its metabolites), we would get it from HG and clean homebrewed gear...but this isn't the case. It only seems to happen with sub-par UGL gear.

My first cycle I got it with just 400mg/week of UGL Test E.
    I have never gotten it again since I started brewing my own (because I know WTF I'm doing) and I've used much higher doses of TNE and prop.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    It's usually caused by the high BA content in the solution. It's your body getting used to it.

I feel the same way when I start new cycles. Not so much with long esters, I get this for the first week using Prop though.
    Oh really? Broscience at its finest. I get it with Tren Ace the most, Tren flu. That and some Deca cough..

It's bullcrap and I feel bad for the community by formulating these kind of terms.

Not so much "flu symptoms." More like the symptoms of having a cold. Like you said, fever, congestion, weakness.

Probably not, since Organon Sustanon contains 10% BA and you'd don't hear stories of people getting horrible test flu from it.

It's from pyrogenic contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    If it were from the immune response to the hormone itself (or its metabolites), we would get it from HG and clean homebrewed gear...but this isn't the case. It only seems to happen with sub-par UGL gear.
    What kind of contaminants are you talking about?

Or, at which process would the contaminants present themselves to the solution. Pyrogenic contamination sounds cool, I don't know what substance that is.
    Last edited by Sworder; 11-17-2012 at 11:13 PM.

What kind of contaminants are you talking about?

Or, at which process would the contaminants present themselves to the solution. Pyrogenic contamination sounds cool, I don't know what substance that is.
    A pyrogen is just any antigen that causes fever. It's usually just bacteria, or maybe dead viruses.
    This can all be avoided by filtering and autoclaving your gear.

Oh, I thought that bacteria in an injectable solution would lead to something like an abscess. But there are different bacteria or dead viruses that the immune system fights off, sort of, and that is what causes the fever? So you can expect a fever every time you inject with this dead virus or would the body build a defense for it? So the second time around it wouldn't result in a fever?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Probably not, since Organon Sustanon contains 10% BA and you'd don't hear stories of people getting horrible test flu from it.

It's from pyrogenic contamination.
    I use UGL and I know my guy uses high BA for his Prop. I only get it with Prop.

I assumed I felt this way because of the high BA content as well as the rapid surge of blood androgen's using a short ester.

I use UGL and I know my guy uses high BA for his Prop. I only get it with Prop.

I assumed I felt this way because of the high BA content as well as the rapid surge of blood androgen's using a short ester.
    I agree with that.

Blog Entries
    It's just odd that I got It this time and not last when I was using mad expensive top notch gear. The PIP is not even my concern, it's just these symptoms. But, like I see and said - it seems to be quite common.

I got it in my first cycle, I was doing Test E but frontloaded and I think it was the rapid surge of blood androgen's from the frontload that caused it. Never got it since then though.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm, this is a fairly large dose compared to 250mg. The UGl guy said it's strong shit. Some people said its weak. So, I decided to hit the higher mg's. I suppose it is possible that this shit is just hitting me like a ton of bricks.

mesotiny is offline Junior Member
    had it on my fifth shot..it only lasted for a day,was to weak to do anything,sort of feverish...

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    So it doesnt have anything to do with bb or ba concentrations? only unsterile gear? (lol well i guess it does have something to do with it then) So Cause I took a shitty cycle of test e from online ugl and didnt see much gains and had test flu for like 3 weeks. so guessing the shit was really old and had bacteria? PS i never got an infection but on week 8 my gear either crashed or got growths in it and I stopped using and

My first cycle I got it with just 400mg/week of UGL Test E.
    I have never gotten it again since I started brewing my own (because I know WTF I'm doing) and I've used much higher doses of TNE and prop.

Thread Information