Lazarov is offline Associate Member

Where does testosterone go after injection?

I swear I tried googling my inquiry first. Please explain what happens to the testosterone after it is injected. I'm EXTREMELY curious.
    Where exactly does it hang around? And it floats around until the ester chain is broken down and that is when the testosterone binds to the androgen receptors correct? (Which is why it takes 14-21 days for T Enanthate to take effect right?)

cb714 is offline Member
    Medical exams for TRT doses of test cyp indicate that men reach peak serum levels 2 days after injection and remain fairly stable for about 2 weeks. The half life of the drug is approximately 14 days. That is not how long it takes for it to take effect.

Oh, I see. Then why does everyone start noticing strength gains and size gains after a minimum of 2 weeks if the levels peak 2 days after injection?

Sworder is offline Banned
    The half-life for the DRUG testosterone is about an hour or two. Testosterone + Enanthate ester isn't usable and the half life of that combo is irrelevant in this instance.

What most people do not understand and what you seem to misinterpret is that each testosterone injection is cumulative. So CB714 says that peak serum levels are reached after two days, that is concentrating on that one injection. Four days after that injection another one comes and the cumulative doses is what causes it to "kick it". This is why you can frontload to avoid waiting for the cumulative effect to take place.

JohnnyTribal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder
    The half-life for the DRUG testosterone is about an hour or two. Testosterone + Enanthate ester isn't usable and the half life of that combo is irrelevant in this instance.

What most people do not understand and what you seem to misinterpret is that each testosterone injection is cumulative. So CB714 says that peak serum levels are reached after two days, that is concentrating on that one injection. Four days after that injection another one comes and the cumulative doses is what causes it to "kick it". This is why you can frontload to avoid waiting for the cumulative effect to take place.
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post

I see, so each injection stacks onto the previous remaining amount. So how much should a person front load to skip to the good part? A gram the first week?

Pretty much, here is my thread on the subject.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...6-Frontloading!!!!

I'll check that out Sworder. I've heard of people using cyp in the beginning and then switching to enanthate . Better? Worse? (than front loading)

Cyp has a slightly longer half-life so it would be worse. But honestly, between cyp and enanthate the difference is minimal and not really worth mentioning.

Another option is that you can use testosterone propionate the first 4 weeks or use an oral as a kick start.

Thread Information