Emerald is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up Cycle no. One, testosterone Enanthate

First cycle ever. Funny, back in the day I had every chance to gear up but chose not to, but I digress. I'm 52, and decided a modest amount of 250 ml to start. See how the body would react in all areas. I'm 11 days in now and have not noticed much. My training is good, my protein and calorie intake my be an issue. Improvements in sex drive and libido. Slight weight gain, up 3 lbs. My balls have shrunk, but just slightly. Modest strength enhancement but not much. Yeah, I know it's very early. Couple of questions: is 250ml of test e enough gear? I read 500 ml is the gold standard. Is a d- Bol stack suggested?

Thanks,

Emerald

senorrebo is offline Associate Member
    If it's your first cycle, no dbol stack. See how the test works for you first. SO much of it will depend on your diet, so check out the nutrition section. I'm in my early 40s, just tried my first cycle, and am THRILLED with the results. Try sticking with just the test and see how you like the results.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    At your age, 250mgs of test is pretty low for a cycle. Have you thought about bumping it?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    First cycle ever. Funny, back in the day I had every chance to gear up but chose not to, but I digress. I'm 52, and decided a modest amount of 250 ml to start. See how the body would react in all areas. I'm 11 days in now and have not noticed much. My training is good, my protein and calorie intake my be an issue. Improvements in sex drive and libido. Slight weight gain, up 3 lbs. My balls have shrunk, but just slightly. Modest strength enhancement but not much. Yeah, I know it's very early. Couple of questions: is 250ml of test e enough gear? I read 500 ml is the gold standard. Is a d- Bol stack suggested?

Thanks,

Emerald
    Agree with above comments. Bump your dose up to 500mg/wk. Inject twice/wk e3.5d. And include hCG on cycle to prevent testicular atrophy. Have you included an AI? PCT?

Take a look at this thread. It shows you exactly what to include for a standard cycle. Then when that's squared away, hit up the Nutritional section and post up your diet. The pros in there will help you tweak it to match your intended goals.

Welcome to the forums.

Most Common Beginners Cycles

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread....#.UJZv62fX_fs

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I have heard about running a very low test dosage. Well at least half of what I ran.

I'm pretty sure you will still get some gains, but 500mg a week is solid for sure. I think the quality of gear makes a difference. Some may be fire and some not so much.

Sworder is offline Banned
    If protein intake and diet may be an issue you shouldn't cycle. Have you gotten bloodwork done? I would suggest getting a lipid and hormone panel done to see where you are at.

Have considered 500 ml. But what differences will I potentially experience?

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Well, 500 isnt the gold standard, but it is a good beginner dose. You really need to order BW as Sworder said, and get all of your ancilliraries before cycle so you have them on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    If protein intake and diet may be an issue you shouldn't cycle. Have you gotten bloodwork done? I would suggest getting a lipid and hormone panel done to see where you are at.
    Now, after 2 jabs and a 3rd on Sunday won't blood levels be skewed? Good advice though, thanks.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Another one that doesn't listen. What do you guys even bother asking questions?? You seem to just skip over answers and ignore advice?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Another one that doesn't listen. What do you guys even bother asking questions?? You seem to just skip over answers and ignore advice?
    Huh? Who says I don't listen? That's why I'm here, too learn and gain insight, accurate insight. I'm going for BW and will post results, TY

Gi812Many is offline Member
    My father who is 56 started roughly hmmm....3 months ago. Did not experience much at 250mgs/weekly, other than an increase in body temperature while eating and some water retention that made him think his wrinkles were going away..LOL We upped him to 300mgs / weekly and that really hit him good. Felt much better, no joint pain etc. I got him up to 500mgs for 8 weeks and he is on roughly his 6th week, thats where it nailed him in the ass, put on 12lbs LOL. Funny seeing my dad bigger, always thought he was a dork. Now he is a bigger dork. I would maybe think about hitting 300mgs/weekly to see how you feel if your planning on running HRT. Then from there run say 8 week blasts during your cycle phase.

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    Emerald - it's 250mg or 500mg, not ml.
    You will have 1ml containing 250mg of testosterone +ester. ml being a liquid measurement, and mg being weight.
    If you were doing half a litre of anything injectable at all I can pretty much guarantee you'd have noticed it by now

Jokes aside, 11 days in is too early to tell, and even though 250mg is a heck of a lot more then your body naturally produces (around 7-10mgs a day if I recall correctly), results are not going to be overly dramatic. If you still wanna take it slow, but also step it up a notch, try injecting every 5 days instead. If you up Testosterone you'll wanna start thinking about controlling estrogen though.
    Also, get your diet in check ASAP, or you'll just be wasting test.

Good luck m8

/Maf

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by ma_fighter
    Emerald - it's 250mg or 500mg, not ml.
    You will have 1ml containing 250mg of testosterone +ester. ml being a liquid measurement, and mg being weight.
    If you were doing half a litre of anything injectable at all I can pretty much guarantee you'd have noticed it by now

Jokes aside, 11 days in is too early to tell, and even though 250mg is a heck of a lot more then your body naturally produces (around 7-10mgs a day if I recall correctly), results are not going to be overly dramatic. If you still wanna take it slow, but also step it up a notch, try injecting every 5 days instead. If you up Testosterone you'll wanna start thinking about controlling estrogen though.
    Also, get your diet in check ASAP, or you'll just be wasting test.

Good luck m8

/Maf
    Exactly.
    Its too early to see anything 250mg or 500mg
    Plus being your age you will see a big improvement at just 250mg.
    If you want to go higher you dont have yo double it and jump to 500mg. Do the 250mg every 5 days or sontething similar
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Right mg.....I'm a greenhorn, no doubt. In terms of diet I've noticed protein before gym and after has helped some. I'm not against upping to 300 and beyond. Im getting some joint pain in elbows and shldrs. Not aweful, but sore. But, as mentioned Ill get my BW done and get a baseline. I might be older dude but not always smart about my own health. It's not just you young bucks who are bulletproff lol. Thanks boys.

Bumped does to 500mg on Sunday. Felt normal, played old timers hockey Monday, was good. then Tuesday I was light headed, pressure headache and Bp was 154/ 86. Talked to Pharmasist and was assured its only slightly high. I followed some procedures, drank tons o Water, no added salt and potassium. Any thoughts? Is this a normal temp. Situation?

Thread Information