juicyj13 is offline New Member

Little Experience Steroid Use

Hello,

I would love to know everybody's opinion on taking steroids before having too much experience weight training. What i mean by little experience is trained alot before but has taken a few years off. Through my research I have found most people say this is bad for three reasons. Not having a solid enough diet. Not having the 'foundation' CNS connections and lifting skill. Muscles growing faster than your tendons can cause injury. Although I am no expert I know a few people who have taken steroids as beginners and benefited greatly. With dedication and a notebook a novice could ensure the proper diet. Not having the proper foundations could limit gains but im sure steroids would still be very beneficial. The only real risk that I see would be muscles growing faster than your tendons. This is probably an over simplification, but is it true for the most part?

I understand most people on here will say that gains can be made naturally and there is no point taking steroids, but for an individual who never really wants to exceed his genetic potential why not take steroids to accelerate the process of getting there?

I would love to hear everybodys opinion on the subject and there logic behind it. Also anybody who took their first cycle with < 6 months prior training. Do you regret it? What were your gains? Injurys?

Stats: ( I'd prefer to keep the question more general though )
    5 11
    175 pounds
    11 % bf (caliper)
    23 years old
    2 years of lifting when I was 19. 23 years old now with 3 months of lifting.
    Last edited by juicyj13; 11-24-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: stats

red_hulk is offline Member
    What are your current stats?

And I would say no. Build a base to build off of, don't just jump off the deep end. That'll do more harm than good, plus minimalize results.

senorrebo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    What are your current stats?

And I would say no. Build a base to build off of, don't just jump off the deep end. That'll do more harm than good, plus minimalize results.
    Exactly what he said. Without a proper base, will increase your strength more quickly than your connective tissue can handle.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    I know exactly what your talking about, round my way I see lads start on juice the same time they start weight training, the craziest thing though is they get massive straight away pisses me right off lol

But what we won't see is in a few years will they hold in to what they have have without having to do 2g of test a week?
    Will they be able to come off cycle because they are so dependent?
    Can they get it up?

There are a number of negatives/risks that need to be considered because at the end of the day sticking a foreign chemical into your body to create a chemical and muscular reaction will have implications some where down the line.

Can you start taking AAS just to gain muscle quicker? Of corse
    Is it worth the risk to your health? If corse not

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    To even suggest doing AAS to "accelerate" you to your genetic potential is plain flat out lazy. If you don't workout steady and build some solid mucsle tissue, you will lose all your gains and your money. I guarantee you'll be back in here crying about your weight loss - and you may even loss more than what you started with.

Gi812Many is offline Member
    Agree with Bigsiv....I started out using AAS with zero foundation. I am a big guy and I grew right into my body. Had no injuries, no problems just turned into nearly a 240lb tank at the age of 21 nearly 22 which I started out at 17. Knew nothing about dieting other than what I was told, eat a shit load of food and make sure you get in atleast 1g of protein per body weight. Well, there came a time where priorities changed was young and wanted to party and chase chicks and do the career thing, traveling etc. Went through hell man, complete hell regarding my emotional state etc. I literally couldnt get hard due to anxiety, depression and probably a host of other reasons. The ED lasted for a solid year or so and the anxiety followed me into my late 20's. Refused to take medicine soo, paid the price. To me its not all about getting hurt, or injuring yourself which I believe is over rated. I believe its more about your emotional state and all the things that come with introducing a foreign substance into your body. If this is something you want to do for the rest of your life, well you better put that mind set to it. Im now into my 30's and I am on TRT and should have been years ago. This really is a life style and something that you should be prepared to have to deal with for the rest of your life if it requires you too. I couldnt see my life without them so for me its easy and a blessing. And a couple more things to mention, if your only wanting to take this to get to your maximum natural genetic limit, dont play with it, because it wont end there trust me. Work out and take the time to build it naturally, trust me steroids are not a magical pill that will turn you into Arnold in a cycle or two or three or four.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So there are more side effects when the person begins with less strength? I am talking about a standard test only cycle with proper AI and PCT. In this case the heath risk may be higher than an individual who is a more experienced body builder?

Mickey - Even with proper PCT and training after the cycle, more gains will be lost than an experianced AAS user?
    Last edited by juicyj13; 11-24-2012 at 04:35 PM.

There is a ounce of evidence to suggest someone with a foundation is less likely to experience less side effects with someone who has less training. As for your gains being lost, I have seen guys extremely exprienced lose a ton of weight months after a cycle. But what they have that a start out person doesnt have is that muscle maturity. That density. Which one could say came from years of training with AAS or just years of training in general. Bottom line is, when you stop using steroids , your going to shrink. When I was young I literally went from 240 maybe around 13% which at 6'3 not bad. My lowest was maybe 11% where I could see abs. Dropped with in a year and half to two to 193?? So there you go buddy

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gi812Many
    Agree with Bigsiv....I started out using AAS with zero foundation. I am a big guy and I grew right into my body. Had no injuries, no problems just turned into nearly a 240lb tank at the age of 21 nearly 22 which I started out at 17. Knew nothing about dieting other than what I was told, eat a shit load of food and make sure you get in atleast 1g of protein per body weight. Well, there came a time where priorities changed was young and wanted to party and chase chicks and do the career thing, traveling etc. Went through hell man, complete hell regarding my emotional state etc. I literally couldnt get hard due to anxiety, depression and probably a host of other reasons. The ED lasted for a solid year or so and the anxiety followed me into my late 20's. Refused to take medicine soo, paid the price. To me its not all about getting hurt, or injuring yourself which I believe is over rated. I believe its more about your emotional state and all the things that come with introducing a foreign substance into your body. If this is something you want to do for the rest of your life, well you better put that mind set to it. Im now into my 30's and I am on TRT and should have been years ago. This really is a life style and something that you should be prepared to have to deal with for the rest of your life if it requires you too. I couldnt see my life without them so for me its easy and a blessing. And a couple more things to mention, if your only wanting to take this to get to your maximum natural genetic limit, dont play with it, because it wont end there trust me. Work out and take the time to build it naturally, trust me steroids are not a magical pill that will turn you into Arnold in a cycle or two or three or four.
    Completely agree G the mental strength and maturity of a person can never be underestimated or messed about with. Imbalances in the brain that come from any substance abuse can take years to recover from, I've been there and it's hell.
    Don't be too quick to risk it all to look like someone else with bigger arms!

red_hulk is offline Member
    Great advice gi!

As my personal rule of thumb, I didn't start until I hit a plateau with numbers I was satisfied with. That alone will take a couple of years of serious training. It's great to go that route as well because you will learn new training methods, diets, and tons of other things you can use towards your cycle.

Sorry Many I'm a slow typer I didnt see your comment before I typed my last post out. Thanks for sharing your experiance, this is the kind of thing I am afraid of. I am deffinatly taking this into consideration. I'd like to understand more though. You began AAS at 17, how many cycles did you do and were they higher doses or anything? Were you using proper PCT regimens and everything?

Maybe I understand steroids less than I thought, I was beginning to think that there really arnt any long term sides as long as precautions are taken.

I actually did my first half assed cycle when I was 15, psycho football parents and coaches. I cant even remember but I remember it was Anadrol . Maybe did 5 weeks. When I hit 17 I had a cousin who competed and brewed his own stuff so I was fortuante enough to get my stuff dog cheap and dosed correctly. I started small and took his advice and never got off. I never in 4 years took time off, I cruised in between my cycles which some of them lasted for 5 months! Longest was 6 months! I ran as high as 2g of Test with 1.2g of Deca and gram of Primo. Ran 150mgs / daily of Dbol , Anadrol which I hate and Winstrol upwards of 100mgs/ weekly. I was all over the place. When I went into my senior year of HS I was if I recall correctly 228-230, my roster which I still have today said I was 250 LOL. I looked like a pro football player in HS. Was insane. I went on to play at a Florida college where I beat myself to pieces and got introduced to women. That was my freshman year and I just didnt have what it took as far as the drive so I quit. From there was a train wreck. I PCT'ed coming off but the years of abuse had my endocrine system all out of whack. At say 25 I had my test levels taking and I was in the 230 mark or something, I posted it a long time ago on here. My career saved my life and running and then my first wife. I thought bout suicide a time or two, but was to strong to even think about a follow threw. Turned from anxiety to depression to paranoia. Was horrible. HRT has been the most amazing experience of my life, within 4 weeks it gave my life back and I have never looked back. Im re-married and have my first child.

Quote Originally Posted by juicyj13 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys!

So there are more side effects when the person begins with less strength? I am talking about a standard test only cycle with proper AI and PCT. In this case the heath risk may be higher than an individual who is a more experienced body builder?

Mickey - Even with proper PCT and training after the cycle, more gains will be lost than an experianced AAS user?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gi812Many View Post
    There is a ounce of evidence to suggest someone with a foundation is less likely to experience less side effects with someone who has less training. As for your gains being lost, I have seen guys extremely exprienced lose a ton of weight months after a cycle. But what they have that a start out person doesnt have is that muscle maturity. That density. Which one could say came from years of training with AAS or just years of training in general. Bottom line is, when you stop using steroids, your going to shrink. When I was young I literally went from 240 maybe around 13% which at 6'3 not bad. My lowest was maybe 11% where I could see abs. Dropped with in a year and half to two to 193?? So there you go buddy
    Get real will ya. You want evidence? Look around any gym. In fact, look around this site! Or any another BB'ing site.

The difference is experience and knowledge. As for the guys you mention that lost all their weight, sorry to tell you but that was a combination of a lack of experience and knowledge..OR..flat out laziness or they didn't have the drive to continue eating and working out properly. Period.

Will you lose gains when you discontinue AAS? Of course. But the experienced AAS user will lose a hell of lot less than one who is has little or no experience because he hasn't learned how to eat and workout. And the fact that you lost almost 60lbs speaks volumes to me as an AAS user. Your commitment back then isn't what it likely is today, AND your knowledge and experience exceeds what it was then as well.

Will you lose gains when you discontinue AAS? Of course. But the experienced AAS user will lose a hell of lot less than one who is has little or no experience because he has learned how to eat and workout. And the fact that you lost almost 60lbs speaks volumes to me as an AAS user. Your commitment back then isn't what it likely is today, AND your knowledge and experience exceeds what it was then as well.
    Not even close to what it was back then. Again it was being a kid. My biggest thing for guys under the age of 25 is how fast your life can change, not just your endo system. You really have to be at a serious maturity point to want to stick with this. Its expensive and its time consuming. But, as for losing weight, I agree guys that have been training for years you do not see the fluctuation you do see with newer users, they have built a solid foundation which I mentioned. And I agree as well if they lose majority of their weight its do to from what I have seen lack of motivation which is generally a result of the gains they experienced with AAS. You got to have a strong warrior mentality or this will eat you up. But Knox, you know it as well as I do, the majority of guys lose it. Very few that truly stick with it after use, we are really the 1% I call it

Not even close to what it was back then. Again it was being a kid. My biggest thing for guys under the age of 25 is how fast your life can change, not just your endo system. You really have to be at a serious maturity point to want to stick with this. Its expensive and its time consuming. But, as for losing weight, I agree guys that have been training for years you do not see the fluctuation you do see with newer users, they have built a solid foundation which I mentioned. And I agree as well if they lose majority of their weight its do to from what I have seen lack of motivation which is generally a result of the gains they experienced with AAS. You got to have a strong warrior mentality or this will eat you up. But Knox, you know it as well as I do, the majority of guys lose it. Very few that truly stick with it after use, we are really the 1% I call it
    Yes thats true. But like i said, your current level of discipline far outweighs your commitment back then.

No not even close.......Just the knowledge now I have regarding diet is day and night. Diet has probably been the most profound thing I have learned to date. That and not over training!

No not even close.......Just the knowledge now I have regarding diet is day and night. Diet has probably been the most profound thing I have learned to date. That and not over training!
    Discipline is the by-product of knowledge and experience.

Agreed

Thread Information