Thread: Hit a nerve

jmcbride69 is offline Junior Member

Hit a nerve

I hit a nerve Wednesday while pinning In the quad and I started twitching pretty good. I pulled back just a touch and barley redirected the needle with no other issues. Can I cause any permanent damage by having done this or does this happen all the time

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Happens frequently in quad injections...freaky isn't it lol. No worries if everthing feels fine now!

acidking is offline Associate Member
    Happens to me usually, I don't pull back, keep going, twitching will stop.

It's a little more sore than my first pin on the opposite leg but it was hard to tell the true level of my soreness as I worked legs that morning so my legs were sore for a few days

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcbride69 View Post
    It's a little more sore than my first pin on the opposite leg but it was hard to tell the true level of my soreness as I worked legs that morning so my legs were sore for a few days

Honestly, do not sweat it..it happens. I would not suggest doing what Acidking suggests and keep going. most of the time the "twitch" is from bumping or striking that nerve. I would not just push through it as I do not want to intentionally damage nerves. You did the right thing, pull out and replace!

acidking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I would not suggest doing what Acidking suggests and keep going.
    The body is full of nerves, some will cause a twitch some won't, it really makes no difference whether you pull back or not, in fact if you pull back and inject again you just be hitting another nerve, nerves are everywhere on the skin, there's no getting around them.

champ14 is offline Junior Member
    I like the twitch!!!!! If I don't have anyone to help my with the glute then I do it myself in the quad. I get a twitch pretty much everytime

Squats33 is offline Associate Member
    I've done 7 pins in the quad. Completely relaxed and have never twitched... I just press through nice and slow and then I start injecting. Using a 25g and 1". Next cycle I'll use 1.5" and maybe by goin deeper I'll hit a nerve or something. Hardly any pip anymore as well

Thanks guys. Soreness starting to fade. I'm gonna try my glute tomorrow. I've been practicing with just the syringe and its tough for me to aspirate . Can you get better results in the glute or are there just a less chance of hitting veins in the butt

Thread Information