PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

finasteride and current cutting cycle

Finally got around to doing some digging on finasteride on the board and need some opinions on my current cycle I just started yesterday

this is what I'm doing;

Weeks 1-11: 150mg/EOD Test Prop
    Weeks 1-11: 150mg/EOD Masteron Prop
    Weeks 3-11: 90mg/ED Anavar (split 3x's daily)
    Weeks 1-11: 500iu/week HCG

I've ran 2 cycles before, with minimal / no hair loss. Those were test/deca and test/dbol cycles. I am concerned enough with the mast and var to be taking finasteride. I started taking 1mg ed about a month ago to get ready for this cycle. My question is, is it worth taking fina on this cycle when I haven't been on it long? Such as, will it benefit me enough running it while on cycle only to be worth the risk of sides associated with it? From what I can tell mast is terrible for hair and var isn't easy on it either. I'm really at the point here where I either stick with it or stop now.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Drop the finasteride and forget about the masteron .
    Mast is very harsh on hair and finasteride won't do anything to protect you from it (because it only prevents androgens from undergoing 5a-reductase).
    And Var is incredibly mild on hair, since it is barely androgenic at all.

I should have stated that I'm prone to gyno and running mast for that reason is one of my main reasons for it. It's already bought and I've started. Been planning this cycle for a year so I'm not going to change boats midstream as far as the aas. My question is, is the fina going to help me at all if I haven't been running it long term? I take it from your last post your answer would be no it won't.

I'm just trying to get some opinions of experienced members here who have ran these compounds

It'll help from day 1 with test, but again, it doesn't protect you from masteron or other DHT derivatives and progestins.

If you value your hair, just get some Adex and lose the masteron.

Well I think some people are more suseptable to aas and hair loss than others. Some guys I know take it often without any hair loss products and don't lose a hair. I believe I'm somewhere in between the guys that can't lose their hair and guys who shed alot. Which is why I thought it may be worth the risk for this cycle. Also I've read it's supposed to be good for acne (whether its true or not). I just wanted to hear some varied opinions. I didn't know that it wouldn't protect me from the mast that is interesting but I'm not asking if I should change my cycle.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're right, some don't lose any hair. You can only lose hair if you're predisposed to male pattern baldness. If you are, you were going to lose the hair at some point anyway but the use of gear may speed it up.

And Bonaparte is right, Finasteride will only help with a few steroids . Hair loss is brought on by the androgenicity of a steroid , Finasteride can reduce the androgenicity of a steroid but only by inhibiting the reduction of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. This reduction is caused by the hormone being metabolized by the 5-alpha reductase enzyme. Now if the hormone is already a dihydrotestosterone compound, there's no reduction to dihydrotestosterone for Finasteride to inhibit, there's nothing for it to protect against.

Finasteride will really only help combat hair loss when using testosterone, halotestin and methyltestosterone .

I wish I would have done more digging before I started. I did some research awhile back and have had the gear on hand for about 6 months but never really dug into fina or mast's hair loss properties. So let's say I stick with the mast and I start shedding more hair than I would like. If I stop using the mast all together how long will it take for it to stop affecting my hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    I wish I would have done more digging before I started. I did some research awhile back and have had the gear on hand for about 6 months but never really dug into fina or mast's hair loss properties. So let's say I stick with the mast and I start shedding more hair than I would like. If I stop using the mast all together how long will it take for it to stop affecting my hairline?
    The mast will stop attacking hair follicles as soon as it washes out of your system. But once killed, it can take a few weeks for the dead hair follicle to fall from the scalp.

I talked to a couple friends who are pharmacists and doctors and they pretty much backed up everything you said. I talked to my source and he said I could trade the mast for more var. I'm thinking i might do that instead. I have thick hair but my hairline is high enough. I guess I don't really need the mast its not like I'm getting ready for a show. I thought it would be great for its gyno properties but I'll just have to keep an eye on it

Thread Information