kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member

Question cutting cycle diet

so i've read that when your on a bulking cycle, during PCT you should keep your cals high or even increase them to maximize the amount of muscle that you retain..

what about cutting cycles? say test prop + winnie for 8 weeks (weeks 2-8 for the winny), and a 500 calorie deficit throughout the cycle.. when it comes time for PCT, would you stay at the 500 cal deficit? or increase to maintenance? or increase above maintenance (assuming you gained LBM aswell)?

my guess would be to increase cals to maintenance during PCT.. what you guys think?

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    PCT is made for recovery if you go on a calorie deficit whilst on PCT how are you mean to keep your gains?

the safest bet would be to maintenance cals till you recover as you suggested. some would even suggest a little higher..

others will chime in and give there experience

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Don't forget your training will change during PCT too. No cardio and shorter, more intense lifting sessions so that, ultimately, you'll be burning less cals.

Personally I'd up about 500 cals (mostly from carbs if you are low carbing on cycle). Combine that with less training will have you at more than 500cals as t-guns suggests. You'll likely regain some fat so you can always aim to end at your cycle at a slightly lower bodyfat if you wish!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ok thanks, no cardio for 4 weeks sounds good to me

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Run your cal deficit while on bro while your levels are high. On pct i would go back to maintenance or maybe a little higher and remember to adjust your training as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Run your cal deficit while on bro while your levels are high. On pct i would go back to maintenance or maybe a little higher and remember to adjust your training as well.
    thanks, thats the plan.

Thread Information