Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    asquarecan is offline Associate Member

Being accused of using steroids?

Hey guys,

So over the past couple weeks I have had multiple people mention how much I have grown in a short period (20lbs in 2 months) and I simply explain a lot of work has gone into my diet and an increase in lean calories has assisted me in my gains. How ever the last 2 days at the gym I have been questioned a few times by regulars at the gym about steroid use . I tell them diet and they look at me like I am stupid. Any advice on how you guys have or do handle this? Are you guys very open about it (it is illegal here) or what do you guys say? I know it sounds gay, but I feel so weird lying to people so what do you tell people?

Thanks

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by asquarecan View Post
    Hey guys,

So over the past couple weeks I have had multiple people mention how much I have grown in a short period (20lbs in 2 months) and I simply explain a lot of work has gone into my diet and an increase in lean calories has assisted me in my gains. How ever the last 2 days at the gym I have been questioned a few times by regulars at the gym about steroid use . I tell them diet and they look at me like I am stupid. Any advice on how you guys have or do handle this? Are you guys very open about it (it is illegal here) or what do you guys say? I know it sounds gay, but I feel so weird lying to people so what do you tell people?

Thanks
    What so gay about it? Either you admit or deny.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Who gives a fu_k what other ppl think.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    This belongs in the Off Topic Lounge..

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    This belongs in the Off Topic Lounge..
    and another +1

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Well like Fit2bold said...either you admit or deny it... If you dont want to admit it, and people still tell you , you are on gear, thank them either way, and tell them you must be doing something right, IF they think you are using steroids :-) take it as a complement, and walk away... one at work i got accused from using steroids, and i told that person from HR , that i didn't know, IF i should be upset from that accusation or IF i should take it as a complement, because IF someone thinks im using steroids, then i must be doing something right at the Gym...so i thanked her for the complement, and she sent me back to my office ( i was on gear...lol , but there was nothing they could do, because it was not affecting my job in anyway, so they could not ask me, to do a test for steroids,ONLY for recreation drugs)

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    hahaahah, cool, If you're concerned about what people say, when you are gainin that fast, wait for the people making comments when you'll start loosing a good amount of wáter during the PCT!!! hahahahaha you'll look like a roidhead. I'd tell the truth man, or at least, you're taking vitamins and some supplements

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Exactly this....and like gixxer and some of the other guys say. "If people can't tell your on steroids , then your not doing them right." Still doesn't mean you have to admit it, but take it as a compliment.

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    juat tell them to wait until you go off your cycle and you'll shrink some :-)

I could careless what people think about it, just curious how people respond to it. Only person I know who is on steroids is working on getting his pro card so he doesnt talk to them and just walks away. I am curious how people handled them self with the issue.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asquarecan
    I could careless what people think about it, just curious how people respond to it. Only person I know who is on steroids is working on getting his pro card so he doesnt talk to them and just walks away. I am curious how people handled them self with the issue.
    Unless you live in a country where steroid use is legal, it's likely a better idea to deny using illegal substances when asked.

Blog Entries
    Deny it, is my advice to you. Because people can be vindictive sc****gs. You confide in somebody thinking he's your boy, then you have a falling out, next thing you know he's threatening to expose you just out of pure spite. Never give anyone leverage over you...just my .02

GymRat96744 is offline Associate Member
    Tell him to f@&k off!!!!!!!!! Lol then they'll think you have roid rage lol.

I just ignore people who ask. Sometimes if I'm in a bad mood I get a little defensive.

I def. didn't plan on telling people, but was curious how open you guys are about it. After I was talking diet and they kept hounding me it had to be something more I shrugged and put my head phones back in and kept lifting.

Blog Entries
    I def. didn't plan on telling people, but was curious how open you guys are about it. After I was talking diet and they kept hounding me it had to be something more I shrugged and put my head phones back in and kept lifting.
    Well also imo, dbol is the hardest thing to hide because of the dramatic weight gain and water retention which is almost immediate. If you don'twnna stick out so much maybe try dropping dbol next cycle, go tbol instead. Still get good gains but without the water retention.

Wes Huh?

I am running test-e/Test-p cycle

JWOD is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    ^ this

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Unless you live in a country where steroid use is legal, it's likely a better idea to deny using illegal substances when asked.
    Hey doc lets psychoanalyse the typical skinny fat people in the gym who stare and constantly ask about AAS

My theory is that they cant understand why they arent making improvements with their average 99% of population 3 meal a day and half arsed workouts followed by 20min cardio without breaking sweat, they dont want to face the fact that they arent physically or mentally strong enough to get into shape, so instead of being envious, they are in fact jealous and bitter and thinking ''its only the steroids that make him look like that, i could do the same but im a better man for not using them'' and all that usual bullshit from people making excuses to themselves for being in piss poor shape

doc do you concur?

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    I take it as a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Hey doc lets psychoanalyse the typical skinny fat people in the gym who stare and constantly ask about AAS

My theory is that they cant understand why they arent making improvements with their average 99% of population 3 meal a day and half arsed workouts followed by 20min cardio without breaking sweat, they dont want to face the fact that they arent physically or mentally strong enough to get into shape, so instead of being envious, they are in fact jealous and bitter and thinking ''its only the steroids that make him look like that, i could do the same but im a better man for not using them'' and all that usual bullshit from people making excuses to themselves for being in piss poor shape

doc do you concur?
    I have been getting that a lot lately. Drives me crazy! You can see people judging out your entire work out.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I love hearing it and just laugh a sly laugh leaving them wondering

Again to quote the man, the myth....If ppl can't tell your using steroids , your doing it wrong (Gixx)

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When I was 18 I asked a guy at the gym one one day what he was taking. Big guy, almost abnormally muscular so on and so on. Anyway, when I asked him he said "I just eat tons of ham and peanut butter."

There you go, that's the secret answer you were looking for...just tell people you eat lots of ham and peanut butter...feel free to throw butt loads of oatmeal in there if it makes you feel better.

Needless to say, the guys answer did piss me off. I was looking for a real answer. So what would I do? a little less than two years later I jumped in head first on my own, no clue what I was doing. Made a lot of mistakes along the way, learned a lot at the same time. Do I have regrets? Nope, zero, none at all. There are very few things in life I regret, even bad things or mistakes I've made, that's how we learn. Still, it would have been helpful if the guy from above had given me a better answer.

taaa is offline Junior Member
    why would u care about what anybodyelse thinks just **** them and let them think unless it's a close friend or something

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    ^ this. You never know who that person is going to tell, etc, etc, etc.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    deny everything

that's my motto

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    Look man, there are two ways you can go about being huge on gear. The first way is to be very quiet and humble and just thank people when they ask if your on roids and tell them you eat 5000+ calories a day...the second way is to be the exact opposite. I naturally have a big mouth...and every article I read about dealing with this said to do what I just suggested...but I KNEW I couldn't do that. So naturally, about a month before I started my cycle I started lying to people about my weight (I added 10 pounds) and ALL I would do is talk about working out and lifting and fitness and getting SWOLE etc. etc. I even made remarks like "man I wish I knew where I could get some steroids , I could gain 50 pounds like the pros do!!!"

Then, my cycle started and I kept it up, but I slowly tapered down just how much I lie about my weight, I'm 4 weeks into my cycle and I only say I'm about 5 pounds heavier than I really am.....by week 8-10 I'll be telling the truth. This method has worked wonders. People mention about how big I'm getting ALL THE TIME at work, but so far no one has accused me of roids (well, people have in a joking manner).

Another thing, if someone ever seriously accuses me of it the first thing I will do is say "hell yea, I'm so SWOLE now people think I'm on roids!".....shit like that is really simple to play off and it's actually pretty funny to watch too. I plan on taking this approach for the remainder of my life....as nothing short of a heart condition will keep me away from gear.

This may not help you a ton OP, but hopefully it will help some other guys out there.

Bottom line is, you need to grow thicker skin and also develop the necessary skills to deal with these type of questions.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Tell them you use the most anabolic substance on the planet( after insulin ) food.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB

doc do you concur?
    To some degree you are correct Dan. In many cases it comes down to misguided expectations and perceptions. All too often, people have the "get it now, get it quick" mentality. Surrounded by technology and convenience, people forget that somethings take TIME. We have seen it often in this forum. Guys coming here looking to "gain 20lbs as fast as possible" or "leaning out from 20%bf to 8% in 30 days". They think there is a magic pill for this and forget that a solid work ethic and dedication to proper nutrition and health/fitness are the only things that will promote lasting change. It's the same thing every year after January 1st. Our community gyms "bloat" with new members, often making a New Year's "resolution" (instead of a life changing commitment") to lose weight and get in shape. They figure it'll happen in three months....and when it doesn't they QUIT (not all, but most). They don't realize it takes a long term commitment to diet AND exercise (and 90 days isn't long term, lol).

To your point, yes, some people will see the buffed guy and assume, "he must be a juice head", yet fail to realize that possibly his nutrition and exercise are just as (or more) responsible for his physique. We'll all agree that there certainly are many users of steroids, but those with real knowledge in this area understand that it takes much more than a bunch of injections or a handful of pills to develop lean muscle mass and lower bf - it takes a real commitment to diet and exercise and it takes TIME.

I've seen many guys that blow up one year and two years later are about as big as my five year old son! It wasn't that the steroids didn't work, it was simply that they had the wrong mind set and no real commitment.

Steroids or no steroids. People need to realize and understand they are no magic pills, no quick solutions. If you want to achieve strength, an attractive physique, and a healthy lifestyle, you have to realign your thinking from short term to long term and make a lifestyle decision to avoid the crap that made you weak and unhealthy to begin with.

Instead of taking responsibility for their own health, many people would rather point their finger at someone else. Instead of asking "what can I do to make changes in my health and fitness", sometimes it's easier to accuse someone of "cheating". Yes, steroids will help us reach our goals, but not before a commitment to nutrition and exercise, which is what many people lack. Too many people make excuses: "I'm too tired; I have no time; it's too expensive; it's to far to go to the gym; I don't have time to cook;", and so on and so forth. Every person has 24 hours in a day. No more, no less. It's what you chose to do with those 24 hours that sets people apart.

^^ Bạn bè của tôi cũng bằng văn bản!

I edited this to Vietnamese for you MI.
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 12-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.

DanB is offline Banned
    To some degree you are correct Dan. In many cases it comes down to misguided expectations and perceptions. All too often, people have the "get it now, get it quick" mentality. Surrounded by technology and convenience, people forget that somethings take TIME. We have seen it often in this forum. Guys coming here looking to "gain 20lbs as fast as possible" or "leaning out from 20%bf to 8% in 30 days". They think there is a magic pill for this and forget that a solid work ethic and dedication to proper nutrition and health/fitness are the only things that will promote lasting change. It's the same thing every year after January 1st. Our community gyms "bloat" with new members, often making a New Year's "resolution" (instead of a life changing commitment") to lose weight and get in shape. They figure it'll happen in three months....and when it doesn't they QUIT (not all, but most). They don't realize it takes a long term commitment to diet AND exercise (and 90 days isn't long term, lol).

To your point, yes, some people will see the buffed guy and assume, "he must be a juice head", yet fail to realize that possibly his nutrition and exercise are just as (or more) responsible for his physique. We'll all agree that there certainly are many users of steroids , but those with real knowledge in this area understand that it takes much more than a bunch of injections or a handful of pills to develop lean muscle mass and lower bf - it takes a real commitment to diet and exercise and it takes TIME.

I've seen many guys that blow up one year and two years later are about as big as my five year old son! It wasn't that the steroids didn't work, it was simply that they had the wrong mind set and no real commitment.

Steroids or no steroids. People need to realize and understand they are no magic pills, no quick solutions. If you want to achieve strength, an attractive physique, and a healthy lifestyle, you have to realign your thinking from short term to long term and make a lifestyle decision to avoid the crap that made you weak and unhealthy to begin with.

Instead of taking responsibility for their own health, many people would rather point their finger at someone else. Instead of asking "what can I do to make changes in my health and fitness", sometimes it's easier to accuse someone of "cheating". Yes, steroids will help us reach our goals, but not before a commitment to nutrition and exercise, which is what many people lack. Too many people make excuses: "I'm too tired; I have no time; it's too expensive; it's to far to go to the gym; I don't have time to cook;", and so on and so forth. Every person has 24 hours in a day. No more, no less. It's what you chose to do with those 24 hours that sets people apart.
    Great post and amen, we thinking on the same page, you just portray it in a more eloquent fashion

And in bold is something I couldnt agree with more and regularly say to people, not just with regard to training but life in general

Also the flooded gym in january phenomenon, apperantly my current gym has 3k members on the books, I'd say it has mabey 100 max that would attend on a regular basis, I was told they get up to 1k members paid in full in January majority of which will ultimately admit defeat shortly after joining

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

doc do you concur?
    Man, I SO agree with this. I believe it is becoming common for average people to assume anyone who looks like a female model is anorexic and anyone who looks like a Men's Health model is using steroids. They just cannot fathom that what they eat and what they do with their spare time can result in an above average physique.

It is partly jealousy and partly ignorance.

I am getting really tired of the "beautiful at any size" movement that is happening to normalize being fat. As everyone becomes fat, what used to be "normal" is considered great. What we do it beyond comprehension.

Two years ago I was at 36.8% body fat. To change my body I have spent hundreds of hours in the gym and eaten the same handful of foods for months at a time. People think I am insane even though they see the big difference. In their heads they probably think, "well, I don't want to live like that just to look like that." They believe the price is too high.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Every person has 24 hours in a day. No more, no less. It's what you chose to do with those 24 hours that sets people apart.
    Reminds me of a Henry Rollins lyric:

No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time
    No such thing as down time,
    All you got is life time... go!

Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Great post and amen, we thinking on the same page, you just portray it in a more eloquent fashion

And in bold is something I couldnt agree with more and regularly say to people, not just with regard to training but life in general

Also the flooded gym in january phenomenon, apperantly my current gym has 3k members on the books, I'd say it has mabey 100 max that would attend on a regular basis, I was told they get up to 1k members paid in full in January majority of which will ultimately admit defeat shortly after joining
    The "time excuse" sends me ranting every time. My sister is 5'2, 250lbs, and teaches nutrition! How hilarious is that. I love my younger sister but everytime I tell her she should lose some weight an stop vein so sedentary because her current lifestyle is dangerously unhealthy, she gives me the "I don't have time" b.s. Makes me want to slap the stupid out of her!

Yes, I get a chuckle out the new members every January. I applaud them for making a decision, I just wish for their benefit it was a life changing decision not a flickering thought that dissipates in 60 days or less.

On a side note....I had a women, late 20s, early 30s come up to me in the gym last week and ask, how do I get muscles like yours? My reply, you commit yourself to regular exercise at least 3x a week and dedicate yourself to eating the right foods and leaving the wrong foods behind. She looked confused. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas

Reminds me of a Henry Rollins lyric:

No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time
    No such thing as down time,
    All you got is life time... go!
    Awesome lyric!!!!

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Creatine. Not even once.!

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    ^^^^^

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    My thoughts exactly. When I'm trying to be nice I say ' HARD work in the gym,,,whey protein and creatine' and thats not a lie.

juggyk is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    i would say i am using any xyz weight gainer and eating a lot

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyknox View Post
    this belongs in the off topic lounge..
    big +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information